Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2019, 10:34 AM   #31
imdaman99
Knicks all da way
 
imdaman99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 24,661
Default Re: "LeBron doesn't play defense" narrative destroyed

I remember watching the last time Porzingis played against Lebron. KP was killing them all game, until Lebron locked his ass up in the 4th. Imagine shutting down a 7'3 unicorn
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 06:22 PM   #32
And1AllDay
Banned
 
And1AllDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,159
Default Re: "LeBron doesn't play defense" narrative destroyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny98
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hsxl...ature=youtu.be

By every metric LeBron still ranks at the top of the league defensively and has so for the past decade

You morons want to cherrypick a couple of possessions and create this stupid narrative that LeBron is some garbage defender. It is bs

Its crazy LeBron has become the most underrated defender in NBA history

Issa bloodbath

We stay winning
And1AllDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 06:46 PM   #33
NBAGOAT
NBA lottery pick
 
NBAGOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: North Korea
Posts: 5,880
Default Re: "LeBron doesn't play defense" narrative destroyed

Lebron certainly takes more plays off now, is a lot slower moving his feet, and isn’t great anywhere, not even as a team defender The metrics seem to overrate him too. None of that contradicts bron still arguably being a slightly above average defender. He still has a good b-ball iq. He’s not so lazy he takes every play off even though the highlights make it seem that way. He’s still 6-8 and isnt bumhunted by guards or big men usually which gives him useful versatility.

For example Lou definitely used screens to get Durant in an iso. He wouldn’t do that vs the lakers(tbf because kuzma and rondo are awful less that lebron is good).
NBAGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 06:50 PM   #34
TheCorporation
I go HAM
 
TheCorporation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The 3ball slayer
Posts: 7,474
Default Re: "LeBron doesn't play defense" narrative destroyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBAGOAT
Lebron certainly takes more plays off now, is a lot slower moving his feet, and isn’t great anywhere, not even as a team defender The metrics seem to overrate him too. None of that contradicts bron still arguably being a slightly above average defender. He still has a good b-ball iq. He’s not so lazy he takes every play off even though the highlights make it seem that way. He’s still 6-8 and isnt bumhunted by guards or big men usually which gives him useful versatility.

For example Lou definitely used screens to get Durant in an iso. He wouldn’t do that vs the lakers(tbf because kuzma and rondo are awful less that lebron is good).

Give it up 3ball

Unless you're willing to concede that Jordan was severely overrated as a defender considering he has put up considerably less defensive statistics than LeBron? So which is it, and please choose wisely?

a) LeBron is "slightly above average" but that means Jordan is certainly below average

b) LeBron is an amazing defender, like Jordan, albeit LeBron is still a bit better
TheCorporation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 08:38 PM   #35
BigShotBob
Local High School Star
 
BigShotBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 1,410
Default Re: "LeBron doesn't play defense" narrative destroyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorporation
Give it up 3ball

Unless you're willing to concede that Jordan was severely overrated as a defender considering he has put up considerably less defensive statistics than LeBron? So which is it, and please choose wisely?

a) LeBron is "slightly above average" but that means Jordan is certainly below average

b) LeBron is an amazing defender, like Jordan, albeit LeBron is still a bit better

There is no statistic alive that accurately measures defense. Give it up.
BigShotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 10:57 PM   #36
SpaceJam
Our Lord & Savior
 
SpaceJam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 4,780
Default Re: "LeBron doesn't play defense" narrative destroyed

This is actually a well informed video but of course the trolls will dismiss it. He isn't a top tier defender anymore but he also isn't as terrible as they want you to believe
SpaceJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 12:36 AM   #37
34-24 Footwork
Before the Groin...
 
34-24 Footwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 9,548
Default Re: "LeBron doesn't play defense" narrative destroyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigShotBob
There is no statistic alive that accurately measures defense. Give it up.

This x 100000


I don't wanna see the DPM (or whatever the fvck these nerds use) of Lebron when he's guarding Michael Kidd Gilchrist or some other random eastern conference scrub and playing free safety.
34-24 Footwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 12:46 AM   #38
TheCorporation
I go HAM
 
TheCorporation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The 3ball slayer
Posts: 7,474
Default Re: "LeBron doesn't play defense" narrative destroyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34-24 Footwork
This x 100000


I don't wanna see the DPM (or whatever the fvck these nerds use) of Lebron when he's guarding Michael Kidd Gilchrist or some other random eastern conference scrub and playing free safety.

So dont post facts?

Riiight

Imagine playing with Dennis Rodman for 3 years and Scottie Pippen for nearly your entire career and you have a worse defensive rating than LeBron. Who were LeBron's defensive stoppers again?
TheCorporation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 10:52 AM   #39
TheCorporation
I go HAM
 
TheCorporation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The 3ball slayer
Posts: 7,474
Default Re: "LeBron doesn't play defense" narrative destroyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny98
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hsxl...ature=youtu.be

By every metric LeBron still ranks at the top of the league defensively and has so for the past decade

You morons want to cherrypick a couple of possessions and create this stupid narrative that LeBron is some garbage defender. It is bs

Its crazy LeBron has become the most underrated defender in NBA history

Bron boys win

Its all we do
TheCorporation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 10:58 AM   #40
LostCause
Decent college freshman
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 2,530
Default Re: "LeBron doesn't play defense" narrative destroyed

Picture this “narrative “ even existing with MJ
LostCause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 11:03 AM   #41
Manny98
BKN for life
 
Manny98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: In your head
Posts: 8,344
Default Re: "LeBron doesn't play defense" narrative destroyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostCause
Picture this “narrative “ even existing with MJ
MJ played in an era where superstars didn't get viewed under a microscope

All of MJs flaws and bad performances were overlooked
Manny98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 11:05 AM   #42
sportjames23
GOAT
 
sportjames23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 13,699
Default Re: "LeBron doesn't play defense" narrative destroyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny98
MJ played in an era where superstars didn't get viewed under a microscope

Bitch, please. There may have been no social media back then, but there was 24-hour sports and news. And people writing "tell-all" books, like "The Jordan Rules" and "Michael & Me".

So just stop, baby boi.
sportjames23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 11:13 AM   #43
TheCorporation
I go HAM
 
TheCorporation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The 3ball slayer
Posts: 7,474
Default Re: "LeBron doesn't play defense" narrative destroyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportjames23
Bitch, please. There may have been no social media back then, but there was 24-hour sports and news. And people writing "tell-all" books, like "The Jordan Rules" and "Michael & Me".

So just stop, baby boi.



TheCorporation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 12:49 PM   #44
NBASTATMAN
5-time NBA All-Star
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,027
Default Re: "LeBron doesn't play defense" narrative destroyed

lebron defensive rating better than KD's.. KD is in his prime.. LEBRON GOATING WITH 56 K MINUTES ON THEM LEGS..

Def one of the greatest defenders ever.. Got RObbed FOR THAT DPOY the year GASOL won it..
NBASTATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 12:51 PM   #45
superduper
Banned
 
superduper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 6,491
Default Re: "LeBron doesn't play defense" narrative destroyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBASTATMAN
lebron defensive rating better than KD's.. KD is in his prime.. LEBRON GOATING WITH 56 K MINUTES ON THEM LEGS..

Def one of the greatest defenders ever.. Got RObbed FOR THAT DPOY the year GASOL won it..



Do you have any idea how this is calculated or how it translates to true on court defensive impact? Or do you just spew it blindly?
superduper is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:01 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy