Can we finally conclude the obvious at this point without having to rebump these threads?
Better season peak = LBJ
Better Finals peak = LBJ
Better single Finals game peak = LBJ
I could keep bumping this thread every time a noobie strolls through the forums but I feel most are aware of this by now? You can hate the info, maybe even twist it to fit an agenda, but it's all really true.
He leads in nothing so how can the number two guy jump up to number one becos of your feelings?
My feelings? This has nothing to do with any feelings whatsoever. It is simply an indisputable fact that Jordan is considered the consensus GOAT. Lebron had his shot and while still a great career, will never be the player that the majority of people feel is the GOAT, sorry.
MJ had the better Finals series peak shown in the table above; one-offs are meaningless without goat ability over the entire series
And MJ's 47 gamescore in Game 2 against the 86' Celtics is 5 points higher than any game of Lebron's career.. And against a goat team
Originally Posted by SpaceJam2
I could keep bumping this thread every time a noobie strolls through the forums but I feel most are aware of this by now? You can hate the info, maybe even twist it to fit an agenda, but it's all really true
You can't bump shit because MJ had the best regular season peak (88'), the best Finals series gamescores, and the highest single-game gamescore (63 vs goat celtics)
Here's why no one is close to Jordan:
- most MVP's ever (11)
- #1 all-time championship frequency since the ABA merger (6 in 15 yrs.. 40.0%.. it's really 6 in 11)
- best raw stats (only MJ averaged 30/5/5 for career; 10 scoring titles and the best ppg and offensive efficiency of any wing)
- best advanced stats (only MJ is top 2 in PER, bpm, vorp, ws/48, and he set the plus-minus record in 96')
- most seasons with 1st team all-nba and 1st team defense (9 seasons.. and they were consecutive, so the highest frequency of 1st team awards - 19 in 10 seasons)
- never carried (only guy that was never outscored by a teammate in a playoff series, and MJ led by average margin of 15.4 ppg over 2nd option)
- only player that never lost with a squad (1 or 2 seed), aka most unbeatable player, aka goat (kareem/lebron/magic, etc lost 6+ times each with 1 or 2 seeds; MJ was 6-0)
- only player to win multiple rings with just 1 all-star, except Kobe (Pau), Shaq (who had Kobe), and hakeem (when MJ was out of league)
- best winning stats ever - 33.7 ppg and 6.6 apg in 91-93' PO (27.2 and 7.2 for lebron in 12/13/16' PO)
- Best losing stats ever - 44 ppg against champion 86' celtics and their #1 defense
- highest gamescores for Finals series ever (all wins); highest gamescore ever for a non-winning series against a goat team (30.6 gamescore vs 86' boston, including a 47 gamescore in game 2)
Bird: 0 (peaked at 121)
Shaq: 0 (peaked at 120)
Kareem: 0 (peaked at 120)
Harden: 0 (peaked at 120)
Kobe: 0 (peaked at 115)
Iverson: 0 (peaked at 115)
Westbrook: 0 (peaked at 115)
Hakeem: 0 (peaked at 114)
Everyone knows this 3ball my boy what are you trying to do? You have to take the 125 or you lose by default obviously.