Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I rule the local playground Rondo's Avatar

Default Re: Bulls effectively use the "Jordan Rules" against LeBron James.

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    nobody said that

he said that one loss in 28 games is pretty meaningless
    Normally I'd agree but I don't think this one can be classed as meaningless.

They were desperate for that record. If it was as meaningless as is being suggested Spoelstra and LeBron wouldn't have been close to tears when it became apparent it was over.

As far as standings goes it's meaningless but mentally it isn't. It's also a massive boost for the Bulls who were handicapped by injuries.

Last night wasn't a meaningless game. Both teams gave their all for that W for a reason.

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Then you have to hope for rescinded back-court violations, bullshit techincals for you, bullshit off the ball rebounding calls, etc.

Bulls are a bunch of floppers and pansies on the offensive end, then foul the shit out of you on the defensive end. Its like a team full of Tyson Chandlers.
    You spelled 'Heat' wrong.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Calabis
    So him running over KH and getting hit hard one time constitutes the jordan rules? LeBron played a good game. ... his teammates folded around him.
    I wanted to rep this post because it's the first one I've seen that said what I believe - LBJ fouled Hinrich, not the other way around.

Anyway, I'm a huge Bulls fan and it's great to stop the Heat winning streak. I honestly didn't expect the Heat to lose again until the playoffs. That said, whether we have a 100% healthy team or not we are NOT beating the Heat in the playoffs, assuming they are healthy. No one is.

"jordan rules" on Lebron,

this is funny. Lebron with real Jordan Rules = crying to be traded/sign with the team that implemented it.

Quote Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
    Yes! We can sacrifice Perkins to constantly foul and flagrant Lebron. That means we get Lebron off his game and Perkins gets fouled out. Win-win for OKC.
    but a loss for basketball and the fans of basketball.......and you will get your own starplayer injuried since the heat will get a scub off the bench to do the same to the other team

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LongLiveTheKing
    32 points on 11-17 shooting. I don't think thy we're that effective.
    It didnt matter.. Its about disrupting momentum and flow.

If you let Lebron come at you and dunk on you it riles the whole team up and gives them confidence. Dont even let him get the shot up.

That move by kirk to pull him down when he ducked his shoulder was perfect. Dont even let the ball touch the rim or the backboard. You have to make the basket something that seems hard to hit. Lebron gets into shooting grooves when he makes and ones.. and then his teammates get open looks when he catches fire.

Bulls are smart. This is how you have to play him.

Complete Player

I thought the hits on Lebron last night were weaksauce and I can't believe he even got mad at the Taj Gibson foul because Gibson didn't even follow through or do anything malicious. He simply prevented a layup. It was one of the weakest "hard fouls" I've ever seen a player get angry about and the retaliation on Boozer (while funny as hell) was just dumb. Lebron had a good game on paper but a lot of his points came from transition. In the half court he didn't look comfortable at all and he wasn't trusting his jumpshot in the 2nd half. He didn't seem to be in any kind of flow. I'm not sure if the Bulls physical play had to do with much of that since it wasn't as physical as people are making out. It sure as hell wasn't anything close to the pounding Jordan used to get lol.

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanyr2k
    I thought the hits on Lebron last night were weaksauce and I can't believe he even got mad at the Taj Gibson foul because Gibson didn't even follow through or do anything malicious. He simply prevented a layup. It was one of the weakest "hard fouls" I've ever seen a player get angry about and the retaliation on Boozer (while funny as hell) was just dumb. Lebron had a good game on paper but a lot of his points came from transition. In the half court he didn't look comfortable at all and he wasn't trusting his jumpshot in the 2nd half. He didn't seem to be in any kind of flow. I'm not sure if the Bulls physical play had to do with much of that since it wasn't as physical as people are making out. It sure as hell wasn't anything close to the pounding Jordan used to get lol.

true unbiased post. very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    nobody said that

he said that one loss in 28 games is pretty meaningless

It's only "meaningless" to Lebron and Miami fans because it snapped their streak.

Decent college freshman InfiniteBaskets's Avatar

Bulls didn't do anything different last night than what they normally like to do. Play physical defense. It's the reason why Thibs can get a great regular season record with a one all-star team this season.

But it's also the type of ball that leads more injuries. I believe Boozer, Deng, Noah, Bellineli, Hinrich, and Gibson have all sat out games this season due to injuries.

It's not why they won though. Lebron still scored like 30+ on great shooting. Bulls won because Bosh played like a ***** and Boozer abused the boards and Deng and Butler scored well above their averages

Quote Originally Posted by Rondo
    Normally I'd agree but I don't think this one can be classed as meaningless.

They were desperate for that record. If it was as meaningless as is being suggested Spoelstra and LeBron wouldn't have been close to tears when it became apparent it was over.

As far as standings goes it's meaningless but mentally it isn't. It's also a massive boost for the Bulls who were handicapped by injuries.

Last night wasn't a meaningless game. Both teams gave their all for that W for a reason.
    yeah, meaningless was probably a bit strong, but i dont think that this loss taught us anything about the heat, as some are suggesting. the rest of the league didnt get some kind of blueprint on how to beat the heat from this game.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by inclinerator
    it didnt work, lebron played good but bosh and others missed a bunch of wide open shots
    I did work.

And MJ finally conquered the bad boy Pistons by making his teammates better.

Me think Lebron forgot that last night

Quote Originally Posted by unbreakable

errybody getting rustled

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by (e)
    If it was a series we would of had Noah...

Your butt would be hurting 10x worse if he was playing tonight.

Stupid butthurt Miami fans with an excuse for everything.
    Bulls fans shouldn't be cocky. In the playoffs its always been a different story against LeBron. Ask Rose how he feels about what happened in the ECF.