Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Default Re: Battlefront BETA

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    they've already had closed betas and then an online game usually has open betas like this one to stress test.
    Too close to release for my liking

Quote Originally Posted by GIF REACTION
    Rather have it than not. At least they are visibly preparing for a high volume launch.

Quote Originally Posted by GIF REACTION
    Pretty much every open beta (and some closed) is ~6 weeks from release.

Banned

I'll have to play this again. It was pretty fun all in all, but I think most of my complaints stem from the small amount of things to do in the beta. Walker Assault and Drop Zone can get tiring (I still loved DZ after all those hours though).

I think I'll end up getting the full game on release anyway. It's Star Wars and I'm a sucker for that.

I have to see everything the game has to offer for myself.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

I mean it was a "beta" in that it's not the final build, build not like other betas we've seen. I feel like companies have started using the term alpha and beta as buzz words. Sure it was a test phase, but it's not like this was the second build THIS close to release.

So DICE has admitted to some balancing issues which I came here to talk about. They have talked about it being difficult as Rebels to drop the AT-AT. That was once of my big concerns. I already talked about the heroes not being as fun as in other games. I assume there will be more blasters and everything.

One thing I really didn't like was the jump pack. Not the actual mechanics or anything, but how you get it. It is a HUGE disadvantage to not have it, but you don't start with it unless your partner has it. (Unless I was missing something). It's a small thing since you get it fairly quickly, but it is weird that something that seems like a core mechanic isn't available from the start. I'm wondering if in the full game there will be other perks for the hands that balance it out so it's not such a big advantage. Or maybe they will fix the spawning/speed of player to at least let you get right back into the action faster.

And yes, the servers went nutty at the end but that's what these tests are for!

Alpha and Beta do not refer to the builds. It's the 1st and 2nd/last stage of testing. Hence, why most open Betas are less than 2 months from release. I don't know why people have a hard time getting this.

I'm guessing just console players who don't regularly participate and such things.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners