Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    College superstar

Default Game 7 NBA Finals but you lose...Which would you rather have happen?

Let's say you are a 13 year veteran, close to retiring, who is a sure fire, 1st ballot hall of famer. You've won every conceiveable individual award...ROY, 10x All Star, 2 MVPs, DPOY, etc. The one thing that has eluded you is a title. While you've had some playoff success, you've never made it to the NBA Finals until this year. Here's the story...

The teams play an exciting and grueling 6 games that are as competitive as BOS-CHI 1st round series in '09. Now it's game 7, you play hard, and would likely had been Finals MVP if your team wins, but ...you lose. Which would you rather have happen?

Lose in a nail- biter by 1 point on a buzzer beater by the other team right after you just hit what you thought was the game winner with 2 seconds left.

or

Lose by 25 points whereas the game was pretty much decided by the end of the 3rd quarter.
    Last edited by jlip; 11-11-2015 at 10:10 PM.

Banned

Default Re: Game 7 NBA Finals but you lose...Which would you rather have happen?

Do I shoot over 50% in each game?

I am your soldier!

Default Re: Game 7 NBA Finals but you lose...Which would you rather have happen?

Both would be terrible.

A. If I played a significant amount of time, played well (and the last bucket wasn't scored in my face), I'm taking the 1 point buzzer beating loss.

B. If I barely play then I'd take the blowout. It'd be easier to deal with since presumably the whole team played badly.

I rule the local playground Soothing Layup's Avatar

Ain't no way I'm fighting for a game 7 only to lose in the 3rd quarter....

I choose the first option!

Dunking on everybody in the park 24r2's Avatar

i choose the 3rd option

drop 81 and lose

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Losing a blowout means you've lost to the better team,at least that night,no questions asked.Some regrets but little you can change about it.

Losing game 7 of the NBA finals on a buzzer beater?That wound would never heal.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

I prefer the option where Dirk beats the Heat to avoid a game 7.

Local High School Star Stringer Bell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kargo
    Losing a blowout means you've lost to the better team,at least that night,no questions asked.Some regrets but little you can change about it.

Agreed. If you lose by 1 or 2 points, you'll be thinking for so long on what you could've done differently on a particular play.

"If only I hadn't missed that free throw, or if I would've cut a split second sooner, we would've won the championship".

NBA Superstar

I think I'm with you here. On a thousand times smaller scale, I've lost really big games in my life on buzzer beaters and I've also been absolutely destroyed in front of news cameras. Losing by 25 to a great team still sucks, but you're right, it's harder to think about that buzzer beater that changed everything. That one sticks forever.

I completely agree

Losing to a buzzer beater, as long as it wasn't hit in my face.
    Because that is something that will change you forever, bringing you nightmares every night.
    Like how MJ basically stabbed Cleveland in the heart.

Losing by blowout isn't as bad, because you could just be like "Oh well, we got beat by the better team."

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh
    Like how MJ basically stabbed Cleveland in the heart.
    He killed all those mormons in 1998 by shoving one through the heart on the road.

Cold blooded.

Local High School Star gilalizard's Avatar

I'd reprogram the simulation computer so I could win.

Just like Admiral James T. MOTHER****ING Kirk.

Local High School Star gilalizard's Avatar

I'd reprogram the simulation computer so I could win.

Just like Admiral James T. MOTHER****ING Kirk.

Then I'd go bang a blue-skinned cheerleader.

Michael Jordan of ISH

Buzzer beater. You wouldn't be perceived as a joke and you would have been considered one of the best players on arguably the greatest team to ever lose in the Finals.

I'd rather be hurt than embarrassed.