Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Default Re: Roy Hibbert fined $75k for remarks

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    how was motherfucker not said in a harmful way? If your boss who you don't know too well comes to you and calls you a motherfucker loudly in front of the whole office for not doing your job well, is it not harmful as well?
    Hibbert hasn't been doing his job as a player too well for majority of his career. Should media start calling him a motherfucker too?
    your being sensitive. he didn't say it with an attitude is what i'm saying. he was laughing while saying it therefore implying it was in a joking manner and not to be taken serious but as informative. he certainly wasn't mad at the media. he just won a game 6 and forced a game 7 and personally "I" laughed at the situation. the media is stupid. if i was a player, i'd HATE them.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    It's not a gay slur, ESPN and the media got it wrong but it's still an insensitive remark because you know people(media and activist groups) will twist it the wrong way, which they already have.

The fine was a little excessive but you can't blame the NBA for trying to cover their own butts. If the NBA didn't do anything about it, you damn well some media watchdog group will make a big deal out of it.
    Hibbert put Stern in a position where they basically had to fine him to cover their own asses. All in all its no big deal, Hibbert didn't harm anyone and a fine equivalent to 0.6% of his annual salary isn't going to bankrupt Hibbert.

Quote Originally Posted by 305Baller
    Stern has no sense of humor. He is a fascist dictator. Cant wait for him to retire.
    When Stern starts using secret police to kill people then you will have a point. No player actually has to pay any of Stern's fines. They could always choose to leave the NBA. Stern has been the greatest commissioner in American sports history. Where the NBA was when Stern took over, to where it is now. Stern is the GOAT commissioner.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    That is alot of money for a joke that isn't really a gay slur, more like a bad joke....kinda like "that's what she said."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GPImySGLcc

Oversensitive America. Thought control. Must conform.
    You realize the humor in the early seasons of the office was that no real manager in a corporate environment could have done a quarter of that and kept his job?

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    your being sensitive. he didn't say it with an attitude is what i'm saying. he was laughing while saying it therefore implying it was in a joking manner and not to be taken serious but as informative. he certainly wasn't mad at the media. he just won a game 6 and forced a game 7 and personally "I" laughed at the situation. the media is stupid. if i was a player, i'd HATE them.
    he did say it with an attitude. Were you not watching? wtf is wrong with nba fans? The "no homo" thing is fine with me but calling the media members motherfuckers was just wrong no matter how you see it.

Do most of you people have real jobs? Jobs have rules. Some jobs require you to travel or take people out, etc. During those times (for jobs that don't make people $12M) if you say something really dumb, you might get scolded, lose money (bonus, etc.) or get fired. Roy Hibbert has a job where he is required to talk to the media. During that time he has rules. He broke the rules, and thus he got fined.

He makes $12M A YEAR. And some of you are butthurt on his behalf he's acted not to talk like an immature teenager for the 30 minutes or so (at most) he needs to talk to the media. And this was after a win. Where you just need to talk about positive things. EVERYTHING IS POSITIVE. And he called the media "mother****ers".

I don't feel bad for him, sorry.

He actually did say it with an attitude, it doesn't sound like you heard the comments, it sounds like you read them. He was basically being pissy over not being shown enough respect. It was not respectful and playful.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Do most of you people have real jobs? Jobs have rules. Some jobs require you to travel or take people out, etc. During those times (for jobs that don't make people $12M) if you say something really dumb, you might get scolded, lose money (bonus, etc.) or get fired. Roy Hibbert has a job where he is required to talk to the media. During that time he has rules. He broke the rules, and thus he got fined.

He makes $12M A YEAR. And some of you are butthurt on his behalf he's acted not to talk like an immature teenager for the 30 minutes or so (at most) he needs to talk to the media. And this was after a win. Where you just need to talk about positive things. EVERYTHING IS POSITIVE. And he called the media "mother****ers".

Most posters here have no job otherwise they would know that you can't use the word "motherfucker" like hibbert used. He was very serious while using it too unlike when he used the "no homo" part when he was joking.
    This guy plays in the best league in the world and is on a max contract.

Most posters here have no job otherwise they would know that you can't use the word "motherfucker" like hibbert used. He was very serious while using it too unlike when he used the "no homo" part when he was joking.
    I've often in my life traveled on business, there is a ton of rules written and unwritten in your behavior. There is no "on my own time". And a lot of things depend on the audience and their reaction. It's part of being an adult and people paying you to do things.

I don't have a problem with him being fined. He knew he would when said it (the motherf*cker part)
    I have a problem with an ingame issue that has not been addressed properly.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

people are confusing the fact that he said " you guys are mother****ers" with "ya mother****ers don't even watch us play"

they sound like the same but the second is worse. whatever, not going to argue. but im glad roy said that. i hate media in general and they deserve it in whichever way it was meant to be said.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    I don't have a problem with him being fined. He knew he would when said it (the motherf*cker part)
    I have a problem with an ingame issue that has not been addressed properly.
    the flopping? It's a ****ing joke. The way the league handles it is retarded, random, and not only doesn't help the problem, it makes it even worst.

I've often in my life traveled on business, there is a ton of rules written and unwritten in your behavior. There is no "on my own time". And a lot of things depend on the audience and their reaction. It's part of being an adult and people paying you to do things.
    This. I am in india right now which is one of the most racist countries i have been to and still people don't say stupid shit in the office.

Banned

we're all black friends

lmao

people are confusing the fact that he said " you guys are mother****ers" with "ya mother****ers don't even watch us play"

they sound like the same but the second is worse. whatever, not going to argue. but im glad roy said that. i hate media in general and they deserve it in whichever way it was meant to be said.
    Will you be fine if media/coaches started calling players "motherfuckers" in the same manner hibbert did if media feels that the player is not playing well as clearly hibbert was mad at media for not doing their job properly? These players make way more than any media member present at that press conference.

Will you be fine if media/coaches started calling players "mother****ers" in the same manner hibbert did if media feels that the player is not playing well as clearly hibbert was mad at media for not doing their job properly.

The media already has the power to destroy players and some do. Calling the players a motherphucker wouldn't be any more of an insult

Quote Originally Posted by Rik Smits' Hair
    The media already has the power to destroy players and some do. Calling the players a motherphucker wouldn't be any more of an insult
    yes, it would be and you must be very young if you think otherwise.