Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: With signings of Tyson Chandler & Chandler Parsons. Are the Mavs title contenders?

No.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: With signings of Tyson Chandler & Chandler Parsons. Are the Mavs title contenders?

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    I think they can be a dark horse contender like Memphis has been. The Spurs probably had their most difficult series against them. Defensively, they should get a little better with Tyson although he is not what he once was. But he has proven to be a grea big man to play along Dirk. Pg is the main issue. People hated on Calderon and his d but he can run a offense, plays extremely efficient and has a automatic 3 point jumper. He is going to be missed more than people think, esp w Felton in the mix. His game didn't mesh as well with Ellis but he is a smart player.
    We will miss Calderon if we can't get another guard in the mix. If we get Mo or Jameer in the mix...we won't miss him much at all.

This is key for us...I don't like that we went after Mike Miller without our exception...that makes me think Cuban/Nellie think we are good at guard. I could not disagree more.

Really hope we find a way to add another guy there....would be a huge mistake not to.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    We will miss Calderon if we can't get another guard in the mix. If we get Mo or Jameer in the mix...we won't miss him much at all.

This is key for us...I don't like that we went after Mike Miller without our exception...that makes me think Cuban/Nellie think we are good at guard. I could not disagree more.

Really hope we find a way to add another guy there....would be a huge mistake not to.
    Jameer would be great. He has kind if fallen off the last couple years but he is still capable of starting and is steady. Probably the best possible guy they can afford right now.