Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Default Re: Assassin's Creed Unity (next gen)

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Was that like a ps3 exclusive? Because I don't think the 360 version did, otherwise I would have been happier about it. I think in a weird way that game aged kinda well. Because the missions are really fun, the story is good, but not as good as the other two Ezio games. The combat is exactly what you said, but it's better now to me for some reason. I don't know why that is. But I just feel like it's a better game now somehow. Maybe it's because I was so disappointed after 2 perfect games that instead of saying that's an 8 or 9 game, I thought it was a hugely disappointing game.

I actually played AC3 again not too long ago. While it's not by any stretch of the imagination amazing, I can't say I didn't like it. I love the combat/woods area/the story. It's just some of the side missions were atrocious. And Boston/New York are just bad. Sooooo bad.
    Yeah I think it was on PS3 only. Remember, the original game was never ported to PS3, so this made sense.

Eventually, I think I will play Rogue, so I'm looking forward to seeing how well New York is redone. Because you're right, it was atrocious in AC3.

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    Yeah I think it was on PS3 only. Remember, the original game was never ported to PS3, so this made sense.

Eventually, I think I will play Rogue, so I'm looking forward to seeing how well New York is redone. Because you're right, it was atrocious in AC3.
    Ah yeah that's true. That makes total sense.

I'll get it once it's really cheap. I usually finish the AC game during December after it comes out. And then I get a nagging feeling to play one in March or April, and by then I'm sure it'll be really cheap. The idea of it is cool at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Ah yeah that's true. That makes total sense.

I'll get it once it's really cheap. I usually finish the AC game during December after it comes out. And then I get a nagging feeling to play one in March or April, and by then I'm sure it'll be really cheap. The idea of it is cool at least.
    Yeah the more I read about the story the more I'm sure I'll get it, but like you I'll probably wait till it's really cheap.

Who's getting this day 1? I'll pick it up on my way home tonight. Can't wait. Too hyped.

Will either buy the Unity bundle or just get it later since I'll probably be getting the xbox one soon once the Halo Master Chief Collection starts running more smoothly. It does look really good and the French Revolution is definitely interesting but I'm starting to get a little wary of the AC franchise.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I pre-ordered and will be picking it up on the way home. I'm very hopefull this gets me out of my gaming slump. I haven't been interested in anything enough lately to get past the first third.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

I've tried to get into Assassin's Creed, but I just can't. I played AC2 and Black Flag and lost interest before completing them.

Sounds like there are some bugs and framerate issues that need to be patched ASAP. Not sure if these issues are console specific.

Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
    I've tried to get into Assassin's Creed, but I just can't. I played AC2 and Black Flag and lost interest before completing them.
    Yeah if you couldn't finish AC2, which was the best out of the bunch, this isn't for you.

This is the first time I won't be buying Assassin's Creed. From what I've seen, this game looks like an unfinished mess. Ubisoft should have delayed it.

It's a shame, because I've always liked AC, with the exception of the third one. The Ezio trilogy was fantastic, Black Flag was pretty good, and even the first one had its moments.

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    Sounds like there are some bugs and framerate issues that need to be patched ASAP. Not sure if these issues are console specific.
    Yeah apparently the frame rate hovers around 20fps at times, which is just ridiculous. It has some major pop in issues too...NPCs literally spawn right in front you. Shit like that is extremely distracting to me.

http://kotaku.com/assassins-creed-un...-ps-1657617530

Straight garbage. Ubisoft admits they made a deal with M$ to keep the console playing field even (which is whatever I was gonna buy the game further down the line possibly) but after it performs notably worse on the better spec console? **** that.

Sorry Ubisoft, after the critical failure of Watch Dogs (I'm one of the 1200 people that actually like it), the horrible The Crew beta, and this shit? I'm out.

After reading some of the reviews I find it funny that the unnecessary control scheme change is a common complaint because it still doesn't work
    Last edited by Rose; 11-12-2014 at 09:45 AM.

Sunshine State

I'm getting bummed out, I was so excited to get it

So I still got it, as I would've anyway, and though I've only played 30 minutes, it looks beautiful and feels great. I haven't played too many PS4 titles to be able to properly compare, but the environment so far looks amazing. The limited combat I engaged in is very different thus far. I got attacked by two guys at once and dodging one meant getting potentially hit by another unless you quickly dodge or parry. I'll have a better feeling as the game progresses.

I love the parkour so far. It feels better than AC3/BF. I haven't used the descent thing too much but I'd say Arno descends just fine without it.

I did come across two glitches in the short time I played it. Once I saw a man trying to run through a door and not going anywhere...forever. Another time I got stuck in the crowd and had to run to get unstuck. No NPC's popping up out of nowhere yet.

I should be able to give it a proper go tonight.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I actually gave it a pretty solid run last night. Home by 530, but an hour or so to get everything installed (system update, game, (Tomb Raider I bought used off the cuff and got that installed too), then all the code redeeming). Even after all that I was going until about 11 last night. Made it through the prologue which really just sets the story and does a bit of tutorial. Then there's a second act to the prologue that is in a small space in Versaille, but I still felt compelled to strip the whole area. Then a third prologue act that also serves as a turorial.

Once I got through all that I hit the first few viewpoints I could find, tracked down a few treasures, and checked a few other map points just to see what they were, and shut it down.

So far I'm pretty pleased. I ran into a little pop in here and there. Mostly with interior settings. It's got way way more interior passways than all the others combined. Windows and doors cut through all manner and size of buildings. And when running through I'd run into apparently nothing, only to have it turn into a desk or something an instant later.

Otherwise it is pretty stunning visually even with the reduced framerate. Just the volume of NPC on screen is really overwhelming. And the viewpoints and cityscape which is always a big part of these games for me is incredible. And they're doing some remarkable things with the lighting effects.

Gameplay wise I really like the layout of the map. I love all the new accessible interiors. It felt smoother getting from place to place or running away from people because there's less "hard" interference, like always having to climb a wall in the older ones, where this feels almost more like driving because the cut throughs are so all over the place.

I also agree with Nightcrawler, the freerunning to me feels better than both of the previous installments, which is another thing that is huge for this series for me. And I loved it in both AC3 and BF (I'm apparently the only person who liked AC3). It is harder to accidently fall from a ledge now. And the descending thing feels way more functional than just a change for change's sake. Especially because of all the window's that lead to interiors.

The map looks loaded with things to do. So that's good. That's another big part for me.

The weaknesses, other than the pop in issues I've had. There's a real push to integrate other interfaces with the game. Some kind of app that doesn't appear available at this point in order to access blue colored treasure chests. And another series of yellow chests that require leveling up through some ubisoft connected account. I really hate this insistence on trying to force the game to become some ubiquitous event that I have to be working on all over my existence. It's supposed to feel like an escape, not a job. There's also microtransactions, but I don't think they're going to feel too invasive. I also haven't gotten into the multiplayer stuff yet, so I'll have to see how that feels.

The story seems pretty meh so far. But I gotta give them the benefit of the doubt, and there's been little interference from the current time stuff yet, which is a plus in my book.