View Poll Results: Where would you rank him?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Top 10

14 33.33%
  • Top 15

16 38.10%
  • Top 20

7 16.67%
  • Top 25

4 9.52%
  • Still outside of the top 25

1 2.38%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Where Will You Rank Curry If He Wins This Year's Finals MVP?

I got him too 15 right now. If he wins another I would have him somewhere between 9-12

Ahead of bran

Top 5

#4 to be exact.

Top 20. Best PG ever ahead of Isiah. If you consider Magic a PG, then 2nd best PG ever. Unbelievable level of dominance if he continues to perform like this. And I’d love to see him do it sans KD’s bitch ass. Much more likable and fun team to root for without Katie.

He wins a FMVP this year and he surpasses that 6 Finals loser...

[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]Top 20. Best PG ever ahead of Isiah. If you consider Magic a PG, then 2nd best PG ever. Unbelievable level of dominance if he continues to perform like this. And I

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    he never defended guards. Was always on forwards defensively but on offense he was a PG or maybe even point forward. The man is 6'9 220.......

He wasnt really a fulltime authentic PG on both ends

I'll need more time (and obviously this revelative Finals) to mull over precisely where I'd rank him, but it'd definitely be within top twenty and likely on the top-fifteen cusp.

With a Finals MVP, my only immediate reservation for top fifteen would be his inextensive longevity; after all, it's easy to forget he's a late bloomer, whose career still comprises of nearly as many pedestrian seasons as elite ones, compared to most of that echelon. It's the only unfulfilled dimension of his legacy at this time; otherwise, he has most of the needed accolades, in addition to the most revolutionary impact on our generation.

Winning a Finals MVP will easily shatter the glass ceiling to eventually enter the top fifteen—if not top ten—once he's accumulated enough elite seasons, and it'll immortalize his impact on this Warriors dynasty that many will find easy to impugn, otherwise, until he dominates the biggest stage. He'll only need 2-3 more BITW-level seasons for satisfactory longevity in my books, and there's no reason he can't outspan that with his self-preservative playstyle.

Right now I have him around 17-18. If he wins FMVP he's top 15 lock for sure.

Good college starter

FMVPs don't mean that much for Curry. The award is simply a stand-in for play in the finals. Watching the finals the three times the Warriors won and one sees Curry played at a high level each of those years. Curry is top ten for me if he contributes to winning the championship this year.

Steph is 30. He has some prime years left. I don't think there is any point in trying to give him an all time ranking now. Shooters historically age pretty well.

I also think the FMVP thing is overblown. Does anyone seriously think that someone else is their best player since KD went down?

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    Steph is 30. He has some prime years left. I don't think there is any point in trying to give him an all time ranking now. Shooters historically age pretty well.

I also think the FMVP thing is overblown. Does anyone seriously think that someone else is their best player since KD went down?
    I've said this before but I want Draymond to get one and Klay to get one before Steph does.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

He is a hero baller , and I have never put much merit in that type of player.

He does slash , but pass is 4th option for him , and he gets long rebounds...
    Style of the Warriors , he created.

I put him at 15-20 cause of the rings , but even championship finals he has not been anything other than hero baller.

Top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    You think 4 titles, 2 MVP's (one being unanimous), and a FMVP is 20-25? Name 20 players with a better career than Curry.
    Technically..... the 2015 title is the only title he led GS from beginning of the season to the end. KD has done a lot of the heavy lifting throughout the whole season the last 3yrs.

Steph had played well since KD went down, but he hasnt nearly used enough energy he would need to use if KD wasn't on the team. Especially when compared to some other past greats.