Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Decent playground baller

Default The Bucks Will Beat the Warriors & Win the Title

1. No one on that team can guard Giannis.

2. This isn't a LeBron-led team. The Bucks are hard to figure out. Giannis can have a decent game and they can still beat you because of their depth. They have to gameplan and adjust accordingly and I don't see how they will. Anyone on the Bucks can go off at any time.

3. The Warriors bench have no depth. The Bucks have a bench. Kerr is going to play his starters to death (no pun intended), but Bud can rest his best players and be okay.

4. The pace the Bucks play is going to hurt the Warriors. The Warriors aren't going to keep up with them, which goes back to they have no one to guard Giannis.

5. The Bucks have a lethal offense, but also lock-down defense. The length is going to cause the Warriors a lot of trouble.

6. Fatigue. It's hard to three-peat and this would be the 5th consecutive trip to the finals. I see the Warriors-Blazers series going 6 games like the rest of the rounds. The Warriors do not have rest on their side since every game is only one day apart. The Bucks have had rest all postseason. I predict the Bucks-Raptors to finish in 5, but even if it goes 6 games, the Bucks are still fresher than the Warriors.

Conclusion. The Bucks are a matchup nightmare with or without KD. I don't see the Warriors winning this.

Bump this thread in June if I am wrong or if they lose to the Raptors. I just don't see any other conclusion except the Bucks winning it all.

The Bucks in 2019:
    1st in SRS
    1st in DRTG
    4th in ORTG
    The first team since the 2014 Spurs to beat opponents by 15+ points.

This team is proving they are not a fluke so far. I want to be wrong, but seems unlikely. The Bucks didn't play well last night and they still beat the Raptors by 8. Imagine them playing normal. It's going to get ugly...

The Warriors better pray they get the Raptors. Kawhi is killing himself every game scoring 30-40 points because fat boy Kyle won't show up. Their bench is shit and Nick Nurse doesn't trust them. Gasol is MIA. Ibaka is MIA. They need to stop playing that overrated midget FVV. Pascal Siakam is good, but if he is your 2nd option, good luck. This is a one-man show on the Raptors and Kawhi is not superhuman. He can't keep playing 40+ minutes a night and the rest of his team making mansions on the court. The Warriors would kill the Raptors.

The Bucks are going to win the title. Thoughts?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: The Bucks Will Beat the Warriors & Win the Title

Never seen a team more overrated than the bucks...

i used to be a nets fan.. ill eat my shoe if brook lopez can step up when it REALLY matters, like he did yesterday. I liked the dude but he was notorious for putting up stats in the flow and totally dissapearing when it counted.

come to think of it.. toronto ****ed up by not hard closing on him. Marc sagged all game long. When you have to make that guy put the ball on the floor. he moves in slow motion while dribbling and is very mistake prone.

i dont care if you have to double him off ball with bledsoe's man and force that guy to take high pressure wide open 3s... hell brick them because he cant shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Never seen a team more overrated than the bucks...

i used to be a nets fan.. ill eat my shoe if brook lopez can step up when it REALLY matters, like he did yesterday. I liked the dude but he was notorious for putting up stats in the flow and totally dissapearing when it counted.

come to think of it.. toronto ****ed up by not hard closing on him. Marc sagged all game long. When you have to make that guy put the ball on the floor. he moves in slow motion while dribbling and is very mistake prone.

i dont care if you have to double him off ball with bledsoe's man and force that guy to take high pressure wide open 3s... hell brick them because he cant shoot.
    You can

Not airballing my layups anymore

ABC does not want Raptors in the Finals. It would impact their advertising revenue big time.

Baseball fans that are old enough to remember Toronto Blue Jays World Series repeat know how CBS lost a ton of advertising revenue on those particular World Series.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-...981-story.html
    https://www.theringer.com/2016/9/12/...l-4ee1970154e4

Quote from The Ringer article: CBS had paid more than $1 billion for four years

3-time NBA All-Star

lets go BUCKS

I dont care who wins as long AS GSW doesnt win ..

Curry is an all time great but IM TIRED OF GSW..

They dont have the talent overload they have had in the past at this point with two huge injuries ..

If they win then Curry has to be considered a def top 10 player all time.. Easily .. Cuz they are not that deep imo..

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kav23
    ABC does not want Raptors in the Finals. It would impact their advertising revenue big time.

Baseball fans that are old enough to remember Toronto Blue Jays World Series repeat know how CBS lost a ton of advertising revenue on those particular World Series.

Quote from The Ringer article: CBS had paid more than $1 billion for four years’ worth of Major League Baseball rights beginning in 1990. The network was hurt by everything from a recession to the Blue Jays’ two trips to the World Series, which denied CBS the bigger audience numbers it would have had with a team from an American city. The network took a write-down of half a billion dollars. "It was a business disaster," said Neal Pilson, who was then president of CBS Sports. "Creatively, we did a pretty good job."

milwaukee isnt exactly lighting it up as an american city... they kinda suck.

If toronto loses it will be because siakam, gasol, and lowry play poorly going forward.

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Durant's got 2 more weeks to get healthy

Local High School Star

Even if it doesn't happen, threads like this are good build-up for the Finals. It's much more interesting when both teams have a good argument for winning.

On your points, the Warriors outside the top 3 I believe scored 50 points in the game 6 win over the Rockets. So they seem to rebut arguments about their depth. They don't have great 1:1 players on their bench but they've never really been about that.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness
    Durant's got 2 more weeks to get healthy
    In order for what? Last time the 2 teams played, Durant was 3-14 and scored 11 points. He had 7 turnovers. He had twice as many turnovers as shots. Giannis was a highly efficient 8-13 with 15 rebounds. The Warriors actually won despite Durant. In their only other encounter of the year Durant went 6-15 and the Warriors got clobbered.

Milwaukee is such a solid team despite the lack of true stars outside of Giannis (yes, I realize technically Middleton made the all-star team) is that they play as a team. The only way you contend with that is yourself playing as a team. Warriors have made clear they can do that better w/out Durant (ie: beating Houston on the road without Durant in the 2nd round whereas with Durant they lost 2 of 2 against Houston on the road in the same series. Or GSW being 29-1 in the last 30 games where Curry plays and Durant does not, etc.). If he comes back, okay; but there's nothing to suggest GSW has any better chance with him.
    Last edited by bdonovan; 05-17-2019 at 02:43 AM.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by bdonovan
    In order for what? Last time the 2 teams played, Durant was 3-14 and scored 11 points. He had 7 turnovers. He had twice as many turnovers as shots. Giannis was a highly efficient 8-13 with 15 rebounds.
    The Warriors still won that game by 10 points.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

[QUOTE=kav23]ABC does not want Raptors in the Finals. It would impact their advertising revenue big time.

Friendliest Poster :) E_Stamkos's Avatar

[QUOTE=kav23]ABC does not want Raptors in the Finals. It would impact their advertising revenue big time.

Good college starter

ABC deserves this finals for foisting the miserable pair of JVG and Mark Jackson on the public. The NBA deserves it for playing favorites and attempting to rig series with their refereeing to extend series.

College superstar