Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nemanja Nedovic

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Default Re: Nemanja Nedovic

Quote Originally Posted by duskovujosevic
    Tepic seems like wasted talent from my point of view. His problem is in his head. As you say, he has plenty of tools. Ivkovic gave him more than enough chances in national team to prove. Keselj is injured, coming from awful season. Paunic cant contribute in offense. Such a role players Ivkovic can find in domestic league. Whole list of players he called is controverse. As 9 of them comes from BeoBasket agency and infamous manager Misko Raznatovic.

Serbia's basketball is in decline. The golden era and legendary players from this country is something we wont see very often.
    Well he called players like Dangubic , Andjusic , Bogdanovic ... Who didn't deserve it but only position that is going to change is sg spot and Katic as our 2nd C so we should be better than in 2009 and 2010 .

Only thing I don't like is that Duda didn't call Milosavljevic who is our 2nd best sg and best Partizan player this season . I can understand if he wants Nedovic instead Milosavljevic because he has more potential but calling Bogdanovic and Andjusic ( they both were his backups while he played 30 minutes ) and Dangubic who isn't even good enough to be a start for a average ABA league team . Micic is for me more talented than Nedovic or Bogdanovic so I have nothing against him getting invited .

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    I'm surprised at Keselj though. I know Ivkovic does not like him very much, as he was always trying to get him off Olympiacos, but he is one of those guys that always plays better for his national team than he does for his club teams.

Every year he is a disappointment with his club team, but then he plays well for the national team. And he has had some big games for Serbia just going crazy from 3 point range.

I was surprised he got left off, even with the injury. I mean, Teodosic is also injured and was in the list. You can always use a shooter like Keselj in your team.
    Teodosic will be healthy before Eurobasket , Keselj won't be . I'm more suprised that Tepic didn't get invited but I hope him having a bad season could make him sign with Partizan again .

Nedovic tested as the best athlete at EuroCamp in Treviso, even tho he didn't match his 2011 max vert of 41 inches, but his 3/4 court sprint and lane agility are improved.

Quote Originally Posted by jamal99
    Nedovic tested as the best athlete at EuroCamp in Treviso, even tho he didn't match his 2011 max vert of 41 inches, but his 3/4 court sprint and lane agility are improved.
    Nedovic's vertical coming in at 35 inches at his auto draft year. Spanoulis' was measured at 38 inches in his auto draft year.

Spanoulis being athletic

So, do you think GSW will stash him in Europe or sign him right away?

Banned

Jarrett Jack will be a FA, so I guess if GSW can get him back then he'll be stashed.

If not, he has a good chance of making the roster, maybe a few games in the D-League will help him before coming up.

Nice, didn't know Jack is FA this year. Now I hope he leaves

Supposedly the plan is to bring him over for Summer League and if he shows well, they'll sign him, otherwise they'll send him back to Europe to develop. Hopefully he stays, I think his game suits the Warriors well.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    Supposedly the plan is to bring him over for Summer League and if he shows well, they'll sign him, otherwise they'll send him back to Europe to develop. Hopefully he stays, I think his game suits the Warriors well.
    I agree with this, but GSW has a pretty strong backcourt, he'll have to work hard to get in that rotation.
    Our national team gathering is on July 8th and then start preparations/workouts for Eurobasket, so I doubt he'll play in Summer League, bu I just read interview with his agent who says that they're optimistic about him signing for the Warriors this season.

I really wanted the Knicks to take him or Archie goodwin. Instead went a safer low ceiling pick w hardaway jr. Time will tell

I think he would want to sign right away. He's never been making any big contracts in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by gabepizza
    Yes the European basketball standards for his position where undrafted players like Bobby Brown of 5.1 ppg, 1.8 apg and .384% shooting in the NBA comes over to Euroleague, wins the scoring title, was 4th in assists, 1st in index rating, tied the post 2000 single game scoring record, named Euroleague MVP of the month for January, averaged 18.8 ppg, 5.3 apg, shooting .411%, scored in double figures in 22 games (out of 24), reached the 20-point mark on 10 occasions, and got to 30 points twice, all this on a team that was .500 in the Top 16.

Shows how the worst NBA, scrub PGs can come over to the top league in Europe and just dominate!
    When reading all these Euro analysis', keep in mind the above FACTS. All analysis' has to be done with the above FACTS as backdrop. We all know the Nazi's analysis is in the insane territory, but the other Euro guys' analysis are alright and fair like FIBA, Sakreth, and Alexd.

I've watched this fella in most games last season, as he played for my home town club. As an athlete, he is obviously elite even for NBA standards, but his BB IQ and decision making are very questionable at best - he is much more of a combo guard than a PG anyway, so if Suns think he will be able to organize NBA offense, they will be deeply dissapointed. He still may fit in run'n'gun Phoenix brand of basketball, as this is the area where he truly shines. But his shooting is very inconsistent and he turns the ball over quite often too. All in all, he's still very young and pretty raw as a basketball player, so we may have another Brandon Jennings story developing...who knows

@madmax
    GSW has his draft rights.
    You are right with other stuff. Mark Jackson seems like a good coach for young players, so I hope he can develop Nemanja as he is a very coachable guy from what I heard. Dont expect much impact in his 1st year, but hopefully he can get it going after that...