Default Re: Bulls First 3 Peat vs Bulls Second 3 Peat

Quote Originally Posted by StarJordan
    Hmm...

Johnny Pax > Steve Kerr
    Horace Grant > Dennis
    Ton Kukoc > Cliff Levingston
    92 Jordan > 96 Jordan

On balance Gotta go with 92 Bulls as the winner in 7
    Lol Horace Grant is better than Dennis Rodman the Hall of Famer? The greatest rebounder and defender ever? Shows how much you know.

Go look up who had the highest 3pt% career wise.

I have a feeling you know not much about the Bulls past Jordan was a great dunker.

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Which goes back to what Ive been saying for the longest. The only reason a person could ever choose the first threepeat Bulls over the second is the their feelings of Jordan. And theres nothing youve stated that would give an indication that Jordan was better besides a preference. And thats in spite of so many contrary povs. Most notably Jordan himself.
    And thats kinda sad that you feel you know Jordan better than jordan himself.
    Aside from being in his physical prime and having a CLEAR statistical advantage? What else is there to say? I dont have a horse in this race. In fact, I like all said teams the same.

You're already taking shots at me, so lets just agree to disagree.

Lol Horace Grant is better than Dennis Rodman the Hall of Famer? The greatest rebounder and defender ever? Shows how much you know.

Go look up who had the highest 3pt% career wise.

I have a feeling you know not much about the Bulls past Jordan was a great dunker.
    Rodman was 35-37 years old on the Bulls. Also Grant often times in 1992 and 1993 was 2nd on the team in win shares and ahead of Pippen.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan21formvp
    Rodman was 35-37 years old on the Bulls. Also Grant often times in 1992 and 1993 was 2nd on the team in win shares and ahead of Pippen.
    Who cares how old Rodman was? If the man produced then he produced. Whenever the age excuse arises i always reply with this. Was Nolan Ryna 100 mile an hour fastball any easier to hit cuz he was 40?

Who cares how old Rodman was? If the man produced then he produced. Whenever the age excuse arises i always reply with this. Was Nolan Ryna 100 mile an hour fastball any easier to hit cuz he was 40?
    Yeah but Grant produced more than Rodman.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Aside from being in his physical prime and having a CLEAR statistical advantage? What else is there to say? I dont have a horse in this race. In fact, I like all said teams the same.

You're already taking shots at me, so lets just agree to disagree.
    Im not taking shots at you bro. But you do have a horse in this Jordan race once you put your money on first threepeat jordan. Im the one saying neither was better than the other. But Id take a vet over athleticism anyday. Your the one acting as if jordan was a shell that needed to be carried or something.

Honestly, would you really try to argue with Jordan himself if he were to tell you he was only slightly quicker in his 20s when compared to his 30s?

Yeah but Grant produced more than Rodman.
    Then why isnt Grant in the hall of fame?

Then why isnt Grant in the hall of fame?
    Rodman isn't in the hall of fame based on Chicago, he is based on Detroit. He was a 2x DPOY with Detroit and 2x allstar. He was nothing in Chicago.

Rodman isn't in the hall of fame based on Chicago, he is based on Detroit. He was a 2x DPOY with Detroit and 2x allstar. He was nothing in Chicago.
    Three championships and three reounding titles? The 72 wins? The all defense team? Dont be a fool

Im not taking shots at you bro. But you do have a horse in this Jordan race once you put your money on first threepeat jordan. Im the one saying neither was better than the other. But Id take a vet over athleticism anyday. Your the one acting as if jordan was a shell that needed to be carried or something.

Honestly, would you really try to argue with Jordan himself if he were to tell you he was only slightly quicker in his 20s when compared to his 30s?
    Not at all, I just don't think he was as good. There's a reason his '91-93 peak is regarded tops all-time. It took some of the VERY best individual performances from Jordan for the Bulls to advance and win titles.

31.2ppg, 6.6 rebs, 11.4 assists, 2.8 steals, 1.4 blocks, 56.64% FG, 50% 3FG
    35.8ppg, 4.8 rebs, 6.5 assists, 1.7 steals, 0.33 blocks, 52.60% FG, 43% 3FG
    41.0ppg, 8.5 rebs, 6.3 assists, 1.7 steals, 0.67 blocks, 50.08% FG, 40% 3FG

---------
    His numbers vs the Lakers, Blazers and Suns. Are you really suggesting second threepeat Jordan could carry the load '91-93 did?

As for 'arguing' with Jordan himself? The guy thought Kwame Brown and Adam Morrison were franchise players. I don't take what players say as gospel.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Not at all, I just don't think he was as good. There's a reason his '91-93 peak is regarded tops all-time. It took some of the VERY best individual performances from Jordan for the Bulls to advance and win titles.

31.2ppg, 6.6 rebs, 11.4 assists, 2.8 steals, 1.4 blocks, 56.64% FG, 50% 3FG
    35.8ppg, 4.8 rebs, 6.5 assists, 1.7 steals, 0.33 blocks, 52.60% FG, 43% 3FG
    41.0ppg, 8.5 rebs, 6.3 assists, 1.7 steals, 0.67 blocks, 50.08% FG, 40% 3FG

---------
    His numbers vs the Lakers, Blazers and Suns. Are you really suggesting second threepeat Jordan could carry the load '91-93 did?

As for 'arguing' with Jordan himself? The guy thought Kwame Brown and Adam Morrison were franchise players. I don't take what players say as gospel.
    How much of his performance can be directly attributed to the teams he played ability to play defense an style?

Take for instance the washington bullets he went up against in 97. He avg 37/6/6 on 63% shooting. They like the lakers and especially the suns were extremely suspect defensively. None of those teams were on the level defensively of the Sonics, Jazz (who also made it a point to eliminante any kind of easy transistion buckets, and kept the games in the half court), the Heat, Pacers and Hawks etc.

How many teams did the Bulls play during the first threepeat that really dedicated themselves to defense the way teams did during the second threepeat? Off the top? Only one. And that would be the knicks. And not the 91 knicks the bulls beat in the first round. Im talking about the 92 and even more the 93 knicks. Heres Jordan percentages vs the knicks in 93. 10/27, 12/32, 3/18, 18/30, 11/24, and 8/24 for 40%. Why did he shoot so bad? In my opinion it was because the knicks slowed the game down, and were commited to playing defense. Another point of emphasis in that knicks scouting report was to minimze easy transition buckets.

Honestly, the knicks were the only team that Id would consider to be a great defensive team that the bulls played in the early 90s. The Pistons were a great defensive team too, but they still tried to get out and run. Which allowed for the Bulls to runs too. He shot 47% vs the knicks in 92.

Like i said, there wasnt really much difference between the threepeat Jordans the facts bear it out

96 Jordan was 90% of what first 3 peat Jordan was.

I think the 2nd threepeat teams executed better, while the 1st threepeat teams were more athletic.

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    96 Jordan was 90% of what first 3 peat Jordan was.

I think the 2nd threepeat teams executed better, while the 1st threepeat teams were more athletic.
    Really? Do you say this cuz of Jordans age? I jus dont see how anyone else was more athletic.

Harper>Armstrong
    Pippen=Pippen
    Rodman>Grant. Phil Jackson said Rodman was the most athletic player he ever coached
    Longley>Cartwright
    Kerr=Paxson
    Kukoc>Levingston
    B. Williams>S. Williams
    Caffey>King
    Wennington=Perdue
    Buechler>Hanson
    Brown>Tucker

I just dont see how or why people say the FTP Bulls were more athletic than the STP Bulls

96 Jordan was 32 at the beginning of the season with 8 years of NBA ball on his legs, checkout these dunks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu-9-c2sUoY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1mcuyoOWB8&t=6m18s

He wasn't as athletic as before but he was stronger, better footwork, and a stronger fadeaway.