Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 51213141516 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Questioning Dirk.

Gods don't hate Dirk. Dirk is a God. A Norse God.

Right Fab? :)

Banned

And then one day the Norse God looked down upon the earth and told Jon Steffanson that you shall bear my baby.

And that baby was named 41forMVP.

41forMVP looked just like a cross between the Norse God and Steffanson with his long flowing blond hair and his Steffanson good looks.

When 41forMVP professed this truth in a message board full of 12 year old girls praising the Norse God, he did not know that one day, he would come to rue that post.

Some time later, during a duel between 41forMVP and the infamous TMacs on the db.com board, the evil TMacs went back and pulled out that post and revealed to everyone 41forMVP's truth.

41forMVP went over the edge, and went Nash and Don Nelson left one by one, his heart was torn into shreds that his dream of an all white NBA team will no longer come true.

41forMVP was so distraught that he even proposed that the Mavs trade the Norse God to Milwaukee for the #1 pick Andrew Bogut and accused Avery Johnson of purposely sabotaging Dirk's career.

After a few loud tantrums, 41forMVP was not seen around again at db.com.

41forMVP vowed that he would create a message board with a tolerant environment that would listen to every point of view and he appointed himself its moderator.

After months of chatting with his own aliases on his own board, 41forMVP grew tired of their point of views and started banning them eventually banning himself off his own board because he was starting to grow suspicious that he himself might be Tmacs.

Then 41forMVP found the light and followed it to a crack dealer and re energized his crack pot theories rechristened himself as Fabcasablanca and logged on to ISH.

And the rest is history.

Am I right Fab? :)
    I know you're dad was supposed to be in the Jon Steffanson story there somewhere, but I think I pretty much got the gist of it.

Local High School Star

i'll say this about Okur.........he is RIDICULOUSLY clutch.

Facts Are Misleading

This topic is not worthy.

I'll tell you why:

It's not about how similar their games are - it's about how effective they are at doing it. Okur would never be able to sustain the type of pressure on the defense that Dirk does.

Maybe for one game or two, but not on the consistant game to game basis Dirk does. It's why the Mavericks would lose about 10-15 more games with Okur in Dirks place.

Okur is a great role player, but the Mavericks with him would be a lot like the Pistons of a few years back - a lot of quality players but no star... except the Pistons played much, much better defense and that was what won them games and in the end a championship.

You know.

prime Keith Van Horn is a much better comparison to Dirk than Okur.

(not saying he is equal to the Dirk of now)

Quote Originally Posted by SupermanOnSteroids

And then one day the Norse God looked down upon the earth and told Jon Steffanson that you shall bear my baby.

And that baby was named 41forMVP.

41forMVP looked just like a cross between the Norse God and Steffanson with his long flowing blond hair and his Steffanson good looks.

When 41forMVP professed this truth in a message board full of 12 year old girls praising the Norse God, he did not know that one day, he would come to rue that post.

Some time later, during a duel between 41forMVP and the infamous TMacs on the db.com board, the evil TMacs went back and pulled out that post and revealed to everyone 41forMVP's truth.

41forMVP went over the edge, and went Nash and Don Nelson left one by one, his heart was torn into shreds that his dream of an all white NBA team will no longer come true.

41forMVP was so distraught that he even proposed that the Mavs trade the Norse God to Milwaukee for the #1 pick Andrew Bogut and accused Avery Johnson of purposely sabotaging Dirk's career.

After a few loud tantrums, 41forMVP was not seen around again at db.com.

41forMVP vowed that he would create a message board with a tolerant environment that would listen to every point of view and he appointed himself its moderator.

After months of chatting with his own aliases on his own board, 41forMVP grew tired of their point of views and started banning them eventually banning himself off his own board because he was starting to grow suspicious that he himself might be Tmacs.

Then 41forMVP found the light and followed it to a crack dealer and re energized his crack pot theories rechristened himself as Fabcasablanca and logged on to ISH.

And the rest is history.

Am I right Fab? :)
    I know you're dad was supposed to be in the Jon Steffanson story there somewhere, but I think I pretty much got the gist of it.
    holy crap 41forMVP is Fab????

well that explains alot then.

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

prime Keith Van Horn
    People really forget how good of a player a young Van Horn was.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by AI Nuggets3
    i'll say this about Okur.........he is RIDICULOUSLY clutch.
    He's good in the clutch, but idk about ridiculously

Fantasy Forum Mod haterofhaters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker
    Ok so Dirk is a dominant passer, shooter, rebounder, defender. Dirk is the GOAT. No more need to talk about it. Dirk would hold Wilt to 2 points and 1 rebound. Dirk could kill Jack Bauer with a pellet gun. Dirk could jump the wall of china.
    Exactly. This is all that we're allowed to say. Dirk = God

MLK of NBA Minorities

Okur is damn clutch, but he's only the 3rd best player in the league after Nash and Dirk.

Entity of Existence Living Being's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by haterofhaters
    I agree that Dirk is better, but I think that if Okur were to be put on the Mavs in place of Dirk they would have similar success. Maybe not quite as much as they do now, but would be a top 3 team in the leauge nonetheless.

the perfect thread for the likes of aj and samurai swish

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    the perfect thread for the likes of aj and samurai swish
    True. Dude needed a GOAT level choke from LeBron to win a ring, and all of a sudden he's top whatever all time and higher than Dr. J...

The '11 ring doesn't erase the fact that he frequently choked massively in the PO's.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    True. Dude needed a GOAT level choke from LeBron to win a ring, and all of a sudden he's top whatever all time and higher than Dr. J...

The '11 ring doesn't erase the fact that he frequently choked massively in the PO's.
    Like I said, please refrain from ever speaking about Dirk I could do some exact same absurd hypothetical for Wade... dude choked in '11, 0-3 the final 6 minutes of game 2 as a 15-point lead erased and he got his shit pushed in, and missed the game tying FT in game 4, and then a no show in game 6... only lucky that the refs called the game the way they did in the NBA in '06, otherwise wouldnt have any rings without piggybacking Bron..

thats how easy you can make it look. Thats for people as dumb as you, though.

Like I said, please refrain from ever speaking about Dirk I could do some exact same absurd hypothetical for Wade... dude choked in '11, 0-3 the final 6 minutes of game 2 as a 15-point lead erased and he got his shit pushed in, and missed the game tying FT in game 4, and then a no show in game 6... only lucky that the refs called the game the way they did in the NBA in '06, otherwise wouldnt have any rings without piggybacking Bron..
    Game 2 - Wade scored 9 points in the first four and a half minutes. LeBron tries to takes over and fails massively, killing all the momentum. Missed 4 shots in a row. One of the shots Wade missed was a desperation heave.

Game 4 - LeBron scored 8 points on 4-13 shooting. Lets not ignore that. Wade also made a shot right after that FT, bringing Miami within 1. LeBron? 0 points and 2 TOV's in the 4th.

Game 5 - Again, almost 0 points from LeBron in the 4th, except for the 2 at the end of the game. Brian Cardinal hip checks Wade and gets hurt.

http://www.espn.in/nba/truehoop/miam...ory?id=6646323

Where was LeBron during that?

Game 6 - 4 meaningful points from LeBron in the 4th.

But yeah, lets chalk this up as a choke from the dude who averaged 27/7/5/2/2 on 62% TS.

Please refrain from discussing basketball. Ever.

thats how easy you can make it look. Thats for people as dumb as you, though.
    As I said, stop talking about basketball, AutisticWater. Forever. You have literally no knowledge about the game or its history. Heck, you don't even know what actually happened in the '11 Finals.