Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: "If I can go out and lead Kobe Bryant..." - Lebron James

Quote Originally Posted by picc84
    Something out of nothing, imo.
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by statman32
    Exactly
    Typical defensive insecurity by Kobe fans.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
    Now you know how I feel about the average Bryant fanatic.

Your sentence doesn't make sense, by the way. I'm going to assume you meant "I really just don't understand what he is thinking......."
    I was in the middle of typing and had to switch back and take notes. I just didnt read it over and was typing rather quickly.

Sorry I find it weird how he calls him self #1 leader, and says he leads guys with "championships and an MVP"? Never heard other elite players say stuff like that, as a player that would piss me off
    Last edited by Younggrease; 09-30-2008 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    Sorry I find it weird how he calls him self #1 leader, and says he leads guys with "championships and an MVP"? Never heard other elite players say stuff like that, as an overly defensive Bryant fan that must come to his aid even over insignificant nonsense such as this that would piss me off
    Fixed.

I usually hit open layups

Typical LBJ arrogance. What a douche but since it's LeBron -who cares? The hypocrisy here is stunning. Imagine if Kobe consistently said the supremely arrogant stuff LBJ gets away with.

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

Lebron has got to break the record for most times referring to himself as the leader.

The man brings it up every other interview out of the blue.

Just randomly, he'll be like "with me being the leader of this team"

I mean he's no doubt the leader of the Cavs and probably on Team USA as well, but just the way he brings it up randomly outta the blue has me rolling my eyes all the time.
    Last edited by EricForman; 09-30-2008 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KINGK
    Typical LBJ arrogance. What a douche but since it's LeBron -who cares? The hypocrisy here is stunning. Imagine if Kobe consistently said the supremely arrogant stuff LBJ gets away with.
    LeBrick is very INSECURE and IMMATURE. Just look at how many times he hypes himself up and talks about his great qualities. This coming from someone who shot an all-time record low 25% through 5 games of the conference finals this past season. Also when it mattered in the Gold medal game, he disappeared in the 4th quarter and ran away from the ball whenever it came to him as Kobe bailed his ass out and secured the gold medal for Team USA.

LeBron reminds me of those hood rats who play street-ball...where all they do is talk trash and talk loud and they are under the impression that they're being "leaders."

Personally I'd prefer someone who leads by EXAMPLE than some idiot yelling and thumping his chest all day long proclaiming his leader status.

I can't wait until LeBron gores 'Grant Hill' this season (as I have already predicted). The less I see and hear about this guy while getting my daily NBA fix....the BETTER. The same with Greg Odone as well.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Resurrection
    LeBrick is very INSECURE and IMMATURE. Just look at how many times he hypes himself up and talks about his great qualities. This coming from someone who shot an all-time record low 25% through 5 games of the conference finals this past season. Also when it mattered in the Gold medal game, he disappeared in the 4th quarter and ran away from the ball whenever it came to him as Kobe bailed his ass out and secured the gold medal for Team USA.

LeBron reminds me of those hood rats who play street-ball...where all they do is talk trash and talk loud and they are under the impression that they're being "leaders."

Personally I'd prefer someone who leads by EXAMPLE than some idiot yelling and thumping his chest all day long proclaiming his leader status.

I can't wait until LeBron gores 'Grant Hill' this season (as I have already predicted). The less I see and hear about this guy while getting my daily NBA fix....the BETTER. The same with Greg Odone as well.

wow took the words right out of my mind.....

I bet the whole time kobe and kidd where laughing in their head when lebron was trying to "lead" the team

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Kobe said he was the leader. Most everyone who commented on the team in public said either he or Kidd(and a few Kobes I think) lead them. He played better than anyone with the possible exception of Wade. If its true...whats the problem in saying it? I cant see Deron Williams giving a damn that Lebron assumed he was the leader. Or Wade. Or Melo. Or Paul. think they are sitting around thinking "I cant believe he said that...." and discussing how it makes them feel inside?

I cant see anyone really giving a damn about this....other than Kobe of course. He seems the type to take just about everything as motivation. But if he works as hard as is often said its not like he has much room to increase it.

Just an all around non issue.

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

Lebron does lead by example. He was Team USA's best player.

All he does is talk trash and loud? He more than backs it up.

But with that said... he still does randomly, outta the blue, brings up that he's a leader.

This should be a recurring SNL skit. Where someoe as Lebron answers every question by talking about how he's a leader.

And Blaze, Bron was probably the leader. But I don't agree with you that no one else on the team cares about that comment. I mean I'm sure they're not like deeply affected, but when Wade or Kobe heard that they probably rolled their eyes a little. Or at least they thought what I thought,

"That Lebron is randomly out of the referring to himself as the leader again."

Nothign wrong with that he did, but he does bring that sh*t up without provoked.

Imagine if everyone was like him, it'd get quite annoying.

ESPN: So KG, how does it feel to be on the cover of NBA 2k9?

KG: Well it was a great honor, and with me being the leader of the champion Celtics and all, I wanted to make sure I bring that leadership abilities to NBA 2k9

And you guys know I'm no fan of Kobe. I'm just saying, it's not just Kobe fans who notices Lebron's a bit into padding his own back. But Kobe's a arrogant guy himself. Just that he's a different kind of arrogant. His kind is he'll be shooting 1 for 11 but if he hits the next one he gives that whole "don't you dare leave me open" look and then brushes dirt off his shoulders.

They both annoying if you ask me.
    Last edited by EricForman; 09-30-2008 at 04:41 PM.

ILL WILL RUNS NYC WhySoInsecure?'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EricForman

All he does is talk trash and loud? He more than backs it up.

But with that said... he still does randomly, outta the blue, brings up that he's a leader.

This should be a recurring SNL skit. Where someoe as Lebron answers every question by talking about how he's a leader.

And Blaze, Bron was probably the leader. But I don't agree with you that no one else on the team cares about that comment. I mean I'm sure they're not like deeply affected, but when Wade or Kobe heard that they probably rolled their eyes a little. Or at least they thought what I thought,

"That Lebron is randomly out of the referring to himself as the leader again."

Nothign wrong with that he did, but he does bring that sh*t up without provoked.

Imagine if everyone was like him, it'd get quite annoying.

ESPN: So KG, how does it feel to be on the cover of NBA 2k9?

KG: Well it was a great honor, and with me being the leader of the champion Celtics and all, I wanted to make sure I bring that leadership abilities to NBA 2k9
    Great but his responses have more to do with the questions being asked than with what he wants to say.
    More likely than not he was asked if he was able to lead the cavs team the way he did with team USA this summer, and that's where you got that answer.

Quote Originally Posted by EricForman
    Where was Team USA's "best player" vs Spain when the lead was trimmed to 2 points with 8 minutes left and the outcome was still up in the air?

I saw the "leader" and "best player" standing out in the perimeter playing HOT POTATO with the ball whenever it was passed to him. He clearly did not want the pressure of stepping up and taking over the close ball game (as TRUE "leaders" tend to do). Instead I saw LeBron defer to Kobe Bryant, who secured the Gold medal for Team USA.

I guess when it mattered....LeBron and everyone else on that team knew who the REAL leader was on that squad. Luckily for Team USA, it was not the loud-mouth insecure clown but the player who actually leads with his play and by EXAMPLE.

In LeBron's case, it's easy to be the team's best player (aka stat padder) when USA is up by 30-40 points in games. However a true measure of greatness is how you perforrm when the game is close and when all the marbles are on the line. LeBron miserably FAILED (as expected) during this outcome.
    Last edited by Resurrection; 09-30-2008 at 04:51 PM.

ILL WILL RUNS NYC WhySoInsecure?'s Avatar

Where was Team USA's "best player" vs Spain when the lead was trimmed to 2 points with 8 minutes left and the outcome was still up in the air?

I saw the "leader" and "best player" standing out in the perimeter playing HOT POTATO with the ball whenever it was passed to him. He clearly did not want the pressure of stepping up and taking over the close ball game (as TRUE "leaders" tend to do). Instead I saw LeBron defer to Kobe Bryant, who secured the Gold medal for Team USA.

I guess when it mattered....LeBron and everyone else on that team knew who the REAL leader was on that squad. Luckily for Team USA, it was not the loud-mouth insecure clown but the player who actually leads with his play and by EXAMPLE.
    By chucking up 8 contested 3s and making 3 from the euro line? He got outplayed by fernandez and hit one big 3 the whole game.
    If it wasn't for his constant chucking spain wouldn't even have been in that game.

Very good NBA starter

havent stepped into the nba forum for a while... Nice to see nothing has changed.