Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    National High School Star SsKSpurs21's Avatar

Default Re: I Challenge Anyone To Validate Kobe's Greatness As An All-Time Great Post Shaq Era

the Lakers are still a playoff team dispite all of the injuries they have had. why are playing giving them crap? they are still winning games without solid contributors...and alot of that has to do with Kobe Bryant.

Local High School Star bleedinpurple's Avatar

Default Re: I Challenge Anyone To Validat Kobe's Greatness As An All-Time Great Post Shaq Era

Quote Originally Posted by MetsPackers
    Word. In a "where does Kobe rank all-time" thread, homers were saying that he was top 25-30. Kobe isn't even in my top 75. Without Shaq he's nothing.
    I suppose without Shaq, D-Wade is nothing?

College star

Default Re: I Challenge Anyone To Validate Kobe's Greatness As An All-Time Great Post Shaq Er

Bryant easily is top 25 all time. I'd go as far as to say that he's the second best SG to ever play the game. Yes, better than West. Better than Drexler. Better than Gervin.

Decent playground baller Bosh4life's Avatar

Default Re: I Challenge Anyone To Validat Kobe's Greatness As An All-Time Great Post Shaq Era

Quote Originally Posted by LakersDynasty
    Name 75 better players retard.
    I don't even like Kobe and i agree that saying 75 players is more then a vast overstatment. I would like to see him even name 30. I know i wouldn't be able to.

Default Re: I Challenge Anyone To Validate Kobe's Greatness As An All-Time Great Post Shaq Era

Quote Originally Posted by hotsizzle
    this is some stupid sh!t: "validate post-shaq"...why are kobe's years before shaq go discounted. wtf? no other player gets this kind of treatement.
    I agree no other player gets that type of treatment. But no other NBA player ever rand a top 10 all time player out of town.

Default Re: I Challenge Anyone To Validate Kobe's Greatness As An All-Time Great Post Shaq Er

Quote Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
    Bryant easily is top 25 all time. I'd go as far as to say that he's the second best SG to ever play the game. Yes, better than West. Better than Drexler. Better than Gervin.
    I don't know if hes better then those three.

Local High School Star DreamRockets's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hotsizzle
    if you call loki homer, then ok.

and name 75 better...actually ill make it easier, name 30 better.
    russell, wilt, robertson, larry, moses, karl malone, hakeem, isiah, kareem, shaq, duncan, magic, mikan (not more talented, but deffinitelly dominated more than kobe as number 1), reed, drob, hondo, pettit, Drj, MJ, then you can argue west, baylor, barkley, ewing, Kg, dirk (right now), hayes, etc (even though i disagree with the last list except maybe hayes)

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    35 points per game. I'm not a Bryant fan either but there's no point in arguing with reality.
    Nobody said he wasn't a great player. But if you me to believe he's the best player in the NBA, let alone a Great of the All-Time Greats, you'll need more than that, bro.

Decent college freshman Vragrant's Avatar

I have no problem with Bryant being a lock for the HOF and a top 50 player. But IMO he is NOT clearly the best player in the league. Yes, is among the best in the league currently (IMO top 3), but he is not head and shoulders among his peers like his hardcore fans like you to believe. He in no way dominates the game or the league like the so called best player should.

National High School Star Twiens's Avatar

Some people are just so damn stupid. How can you blame a guy for having Shaq on this team? You can basically make up this same bull**** about anyone:

-Steve Nash has never won a title despite being on loaded teams.
    -Jordan has never won a title without Pippen.
    -Shaq has never won without a superstar SG.

See how dumb that sounds?

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    I agree no other player gets that type of treatment. But no other NBA player ever rand a top 10 all time player out of town.
    Is Shaq not responsible for his own actions? Is he not a grown man, stop blaming kobe all te time and realise that Shaq essentially did what Shaq wanted to which is his perogative and he had a right to do it. Seriously people view the world like a bunch of b i t ches sometimes.

Good college starter LakersDynasty's Avatar

Mikan? WTF He was considered a giant at 6'10, 250 lbs. He was dominating against a bunch of 6'7, unathletic, weak white centers. Sometimes you have to stop and think what these players would be like in the 50s, David Lee would have dominated the 50's.

Quote Originally Posted by gb8
    Is Shaq not responsible for his own actions? Is he not a grown man, stop blaming kobe all te time and realise that Shaq essentially did what Shaq wanted to which is his perogative and he had a right to do it. Seriously people view the world like a bunch of b i t ches sometimes.
    I'm not blaming Kobe alone. It was both of their faults (including Phil). Anyways, Kobe All Time is a top 35 player.

Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    shaq was asking for 35 mil PER year..Kobe or no Kobe, he wasnt getting it. His feud with Kobe added fuel to the fire. Both were to blame...shaq asked for a trade and got it

NBA sixth man of the year picc84's Avatar

If Shaq hadnt rejected Buss's contract extension offer, he'd still be a Laker.