Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: Woj: Bynum wants to be "the man"

Bynum, to me, looks like he's suffering from some sort of dual personality. Sometimes you see him displaying true understanding of the game, by refocusing on defense, like in the 2nd half of last season, but sometimes he's so immature, like this wanting to be the man, or refusing to be coached by Kareem. I mean he obviously has the talent, but I don't think you can really want to be the man, when you're not even proven to be the 2nd best man.

Banned

Orlando Magic Receive Kevin Love & Devin Ebanks as well as draft picks from the Lakers.

Minnesota Timberwolves Receive Andrew Bynum

Los Angeles Lakers Receive Gilbert Arenas j/k Dwight Howard.

Quote Originally Posted by Pursuer
    Bynum, to me, looks like he's suffering from some sort of dual personality. Sometimes you see him displaying true understanding of the game, by refocusing on defense, like in the 2nd half of last season, but sometimes he's so immature, like this wanting to be the man, or refusing to be coached by Kareem. I mean he obviously has the talent, but I don't think you can really want to be the man, when you're not even proven to be the 2nd best man.
    Bynum was coached by Kareem, you must be thinking of Olowokhandi.

A team with Bynum as "the man" doesn't even make the playoffs.

I'd love to see cry baby Bynum and his bad attitude try and lead a team somewhere. My guess is he'd be throwing his teammates under the bus left and right.

Certified ISHiot.

Now that I think about it a little more, I don't think "dumbass" was that far off. Maybe he's a smart guy, I don't f@cking know him, but as far as wanting to be the man... I mean, I think he's always over-estimated his own abilities while not always appearing to have his head completely in the game. If he thinks that makes him "the man" caliber, then he is indeed a dumbass, at least in this regard.

Not to mention the injuries. Can't be the man sitting on the bench.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

good as long as that team isn't orlando

Good High School Starter

Well excuse him for having ambitions.

I always wonder who these sources are

Quote Originally Posted by LemonMan
    Isn't this exactly what Farmar said?

Yeah

Vujacic also said the same thing.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Kobe wanted the same thing.
    But Kobe had been putting up 25+/5+/5+ for multiple years.. what has Bynum done?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Yeah

Vujacic also said the same thing.
    Looks like he's in great company

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    What you say isnt true. Often he gets flustered when being bodied by any big body. And the only reason he scores well is because of the attention guys like Pau and Kobe demand and the fact that he has gotten a lot of easy baskets. Hes never shown capable to be a go-to guy. You throw it in to him and hes incapable of consistently making good passes back out and he often takes slow to get going. Also, if he gets frustrated, then your team is f*cked because instead of working harder, he just starts losing his footwork and starts fumbling the ball.
    WRONG. Before the pau trade playing as the second option before the injury he went on a 2 month run of 20 ppg 15 boards a game at 60% He has shown loads of signs of being a go-to scorer but just never been given enough chances on the Lakers since Pau Gasol came. He has the best back to the basket game of any C in the league, and best footwork and fundamentals, yes better than Howard, if given his own team, especially one in the east, he will prove all the haters in this thread wrong

Quote Originally Posted by StroShow4
    Because he clearly isn't good enough to be the man. Dumbass wasn't the best choice of words, but I think everyone can see what I was getting at.
    Why is it such a negative to want to be the man and lead a team? I actually respect a guy who would rather lead than follow. He is a dumbass for believing in his abilities and wanting to test himself and see if he can lead a team as the man? What kind of world do you live in?

Maybe you dont believe he can be the man, and to be honest, I dont think so either. But I hardly condemn a guy who believes in himself and wants the chance. You are never going to find out what you are truly capable of without this mentality. he is young, has 2 rings. Now is the time to try.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by StroShow4
    Now that I think about it a little more, I don't think "dumbass" was that far off. Maybe he's a smart guy, I don't f@cking know him, but as far as wanting to be the man... I mean, I think he's always over-estimated his own abilities while not always appearing to have his head completely in the game. If he thinks that makes him "the man" caliber, then he is indeed a dumbass, at least in this regard.

Not to mention the injuries. Can't be the man sitting on the bench.
    ug, more Lakers haters who never watch Bynum play and only look up stats

HE PUT UP 2 MONTHS At 20 PPG 60% and 15 boards a game!

Then Pau came and he has never been given the same amount of shots, but since then his back to the basket game and defense have greatly improved.

He has shown ability to be the man, he just never gets the oppurtunities to show it on a team with Pau Kobe and Lamar. What kind of stats do you expect the guy to put up? Stop just judging players by their stats, bozos.

2 month run is great, but can he put up 20/10 for 70+ games and the playoffs.
    It remains to be seen whether his body can handle that, let alone whether he has the ability.