Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Back to Business

Default Re: Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook will NEVER win a championship together.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    He was. Florida was a non-existent basketball program before he arrived and started getting McDonald's all-Americans.

He was a master recruiter. He talked guys into coming to a football school.

yea he was a good recruiter just not GREAT like a coach k or coach cal.

Imagine billy Donovan with a Anthony davis,john wall,derrick rose,cousins,kyrie, etc

But i agree he has found some gems over the years. parsons,speights,mike miller,white chocolate. everybody on the team that won back to back titles

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Default Re: Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook will NEVER win a championship together.

Quote Originally Posted by miggyme1
    yea he was a good recruiter just not GREAT like a coach k or coach cal.

Imagine billy Donovan with a Anthony davis,john wall,derrick rose,cousins,kyrie, etc

But i agree he has found some gems over the years. parsons,speights,mike miller,white chocolate. everybody on the team that won back to back titles
    No, he was a great recruiter considering his circumstances. I live 5 minutes from campus...this is a football school, but Billy overcame it.

Duke and Kentucky have great basketball programs, but very poor football programs. It's rare to have an elite basketball and football program.

Before Billy, we had recruited and landed a total of three McDonald's all-Americans in our history.

Billy recruiting studs to our elite football program made the NCAA investigate him and us.

"The Mike Miller recruitment in particular raised eyebrows. Miller was from South Dakota, and it was sort of understood in 1997 that he would do what most stud recruits in the Midwestern hinterlands would do and pick Kansas. It was practically a given that he wouldn't sign with Florida; McDonald's All-Americans didn't sign with Florida. Before Donovan arrived in 1996, the Gators had signed three ever (Eugene McDowell in 1981, Dwayne Schintzius in '86, Stacey Poole in '88); they weren't getting one from South Dakota. Until they did, and Kansas coach Roy Williams said, "I'm turning Florida in."

The NCAA looked and found nothing, and I'll close this part of the story by emphasizing that: The NCAA looked, and found nothing. The point here is not to smear Donovan -- that is not the point at all -- but to compare how he transformed the Gators into a national power with how he has kept them there."

Back to Business

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    No, he was a great recruiter considering his circumstances. I live 5 minutes from campus...this is a football school, but Billy overcame it.

Duke and Kentucky have great basketball programs, but very poor football programs. It's rare to have an elite basketball and football program.

Before Billy, we had recruited and landed a total of three McDonald's all-Americans in our history.

Billy recruiting studs to our elite football program made the NCAA investigate him and us.

"The Mike Miller recruitment in particular raised eyebrows. Miller was from South Dakota, and it was sort of understood in 1997 that he would do what most stud recruits in the Midwestern hinterlands would do and pick Kansas. It was practically a given that he wouldn't sign with Florida; McDonald's All-Americans didn't sign with Florida. Before Donovan arrived in 1996, the Gators had signed three ever (Eugene McDowell in 1981, Dwayne Schintzius in '86, Stacey Poole in '88); they weren't getting one from South Dakota. Until they did, and Kansas coach Roy Williams said, "I'm turning Florida in."

The NCAA looked and found nothing, and I'll close this part of the story by emphasizing that: The NCAA looked, and found nothing. The point here is not to smear Donovan -- that is not the point at all -- but to compare how he transformed the Gators into a national power with how he has kept them there."

I get what u are saying but me and you are looking at this with two different lenses.

im talking about the LEVEL of talent he recruited...you are more so stating about guys he was able to get to come to florida.

I give billy Donovan props but he never had guys like coach k or cal or bill self or roy Williams had.....just imagine if he did.

Im not taking anything away from him and you are right...I live in florida as well and this is a football state but I still feel like billy Donovan is a better coach than he is a recruiter.

Nothing's changed.

Forever NBA losers. The next Stockton and Malone.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by ekosky
    Nothing's changed.

Forever NBA losers. The next Stockton and Malone.
    Those two had the excuse of Jordan. Westbrook/Durant can't even deal with a weak GSW only being held up by Klay Thompson heroics. Put that respeck on the Jazz.

Not airballing my layups anymore Ramiah's Avatar

KD should go to the Wizards and just let WestGoat have his own team.

I Rep the Thunder! Thunderfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Um, yeah...in order to actually win a championship, the Thunder still need to win five more games against elite competition. Still way too soon to start bumping these type of threads. Hell, the Warriors very well may come back and win the next three games and then this will look really dumb.
    Not only did they win the next three games.....they also found a way to successfully steal our best player. This shit is unbelievable

Jordan Stopper

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderfan86
    Not only did they win the next three games.....they also found a way to successfully steal our best player. This shit is unbelievable
    How are you holding up?

I Rep the Thunder! Thunderfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dray n Klay
    How are you holding up?
    I'm having a complete meltdown bro. I never thought this day would come. This is the worst 4th of July I've ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderfan86
    This shit sounds so unbelievable, you think KD threw the games? There's no way he would join them if he beats them right?