Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Wiggins interview with ESPN

f[COLOR="Black"]uc[/COLOR]k lebron !

This trade can either do two things for Wiggins.
    1. Give him an edge, more of a chip on his shoulder, and we will see him really want to go out and prove people wrong especially the Cleveland organization. Before he was too happy all the time all smiles and giggles now we may see more of a mean streak.

Or...

2. It could break him. He could lose his confidence and swagger all together and even if he does posses the skill set and potential to be a star he may not put it together soon enough. A bit like Anthony Bennett who is not completely a trash player but lost his confidence and it has just be downhill since (hopefully he regains it this season).

Im hoping for the first but, we shall see...

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by MannyO
    This trade can either do two things for Wiggins.
    1. Give him an edge, more of a chip on his shoulder, and we will see him really want to go out and prove people wrong especially the Cleveland organization. Before he was too happy all the time all smiles and giggles now we may see more of a mean streak.

Or...

2. It could break him. He could lose his confidence and swagger all together and even if he does posses the skill set and potential to be a star he may not put it together soon enough. A bit like Anthony Bennett who is not completely a trash player but lost his confidence and it has just be downhill since (hopefully he regains it this season).

Im hoping for the first but, we shall see...

I give more respect to the guy being visibly shaken over being replaced by a lesser player on the team USA squad.

I hit on 5-footers

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat
    I give more respect to the guy being visibly shaken over being replaced by a lesser player on the team USA squad.
    You're even more butthurt than Cousins is. If it is so important to him maybe he should get his shit together and stop acting like he is better than everybody else. Team USA is not an all-star, Coaches are trying to build a group of guys that puts egos aside and roots for each other. Those dudes are going to be seeing each other everyday for the next 7 weeks or so. Can't have an idiot around unhappy because he didn't get enough minutes or touches every now and then.

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by -Lebron23-
    You're even more butthurt than Cousins is. If it is so important to him maybe he should get his shit together and stop acting like he is better than everybody else. Team USA is not an all-star, Coaches are trying to build a group of guys that puts egos aside and roots for each other. Those dudes are going to be seeing each other everyday for the next 7 weeks or so. Can't have an idiot around unhappy because he didn't get enough minutes or touches every now and then.

FIBA tournaments are now the equivalent of basketball camp

nope.

I did NOT get that memo.

what's next? the USA was never dominant at basketball, other teams just simply decided to hand those Gold medals to us.

Edit- I never got to watch band of brothers, so don't mind me.

I hit on 5-footers

FIBA tournaments are now the equivalent of basketball camp

nope.

I did NOT get that memo.

what's next? the USA was never dominant at basketball, other teams just simply decided to hand those Gold medals to us.

Edit- I never got to watch band of brothers, so don't mind me.
    Well, at least you admit this is to complex for you to understand. No worries.

Loserville USA FireMcFailPlease's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    So it's not the Wolves' fault that they're bad because it's not their fault they picked shitty players?

Of course players being good vs being bad is the difference between people criticizing decisions or praising them. The bottom line though is that you got a top 10 player in the league and couldn't put a good team around him either via the draft or trades or free agency.

And trust me, I'm not sitting here acting like the Hawks have been any better of a franchise, we have had our fair share of shitty picks and bad deals.
    Minny's been horrible at drafting.

Wes Johnson
    Johnny Flynn
    Derrick Williams
    Corey Brewer(came back)
    Randy Foye
    OJ Mayo(turned into Love)

6 players in the past 7 years that arent even on the team. We get a top 5 pick and can't cash in. Its beyond pathetic.

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    So it's not the Wolves' fault that they're bad because it's not their fault they picked shitty players?

Of course players being good vs being bad is the difference between people criticizing decisions or praising them. The bottom line though is that you got a top 10 player in the league and couldn't put a good team around him either via the draft or trades or free agency.

And trust me, I'm not sitting here acting like the Hawks have been any better of a franchise, we have had our fair share of shitty picks and bad deals.
    I just think we never really had a chance to make the moves to put the players around him in the first place. Last year was really his first season where he claimed top 10 in the league. I'm not saying Love is horrible at defense, but part of it is his fault for not being able to stop the scoring. We were doing just fine offensively last year, but we couldn't stop other teams from scoring PERIOD. Love and Pekovic wasn't a dream defensive duo either I understand, but we extended Pekovic a large contract. It makes me think that Wolves saw this one coming with Love possibly leaving us. Love may be a great player, but if we are to put Pekovic in our starting lineup then it's not desirable to have Love as our superstar.

NBA sixth man of the year

I feel him. First he goes to a very hyped draft pick before the Lebron trade to an after thought. Lebron doesn't even mention him in his letter and hasn't gone out of his way at all to speak to the rookie on his own. Wouldn't be surprised if Lebron knew all along that Wiggins would be traded...It was probably one of the stipulations for him coming home.....In a way, he hamstrung the Cavs again because if they knew he was coming back to Cleveland, I'm sure they would have drafted someone else with that pick instead of Wiggins. They would have drafted a player they could actually use....

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Hopefully it lights a fire under his ass. Could be great motivation, or destroy his confidence I guess. Honestly if I'm Wiggins I'd rather Minnesota. On Cleveland you get less touches, less of a chance to develop your offense, able to make more of an impact with the Wolves. Less crowded, your 19. Entire career ahead of you to compete.

Two-Time Oscar MVP robert de niro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    Hopefully it lights a fire under his ass. Could be great motivation, or destroy his confidence I guess. Honestly if I'm Wiggins I'd rather Minnesota. On Cleveland you get less touches, less of a chance to develop your offense, able to make more of an impact with the Wolves. Less crowded, your 19. Entire career ahead of you to compete.
    rubio will spoon-feed him and lavine all day long, hope this trade goes through

Poor kid? He gets paid millions of dollars every year to play a game.

And ESPN has won. It doesn't matter if you're talking about how stupid ESPN is. They have your attention. They're in your head. You're talking to other people about them. The media knows this, which is why they say any attention is good attention.

Anyway, I just saw a story that Wiggins hasn't even heard from LeBron yet.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/stor...ve-glen-taylor

If that isn't the writing on the wall, I don't know what is.

NBA Superstar

when are we going to stop acting like Kevin Love isn't a legitimate 2nd/3rd option, and that Wiggins is a rookie?
    When are we going to stop acting like anyone said that?

Comment on the shit you quote not the battles in your head.

Rubio running the break with Wiggins, LaVine and potentially Thad will be sick.

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D-FENS
    Rubio running the break with Wiggins, LaVine and potentially Thad will be sick.
    Rubio, Lavine, Wiggins, Brewer, Bennett, Thad, Dieng just to name some

Not to mention, Pekovic who may not be fast but is the most lethal of all while moving to the hoop...nobody can stop him in those situations.