Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Why didn't Houston trade Asik?

Asik publicly revealing his unhappiness in Houston removed any leverage Morey had in trading. so Morey was stuck with an asset he can't move unless he wants to lose badly in a trade.

Asik was stupid because he made known his desire to leave. so now, no GM worth his salt will give up a lot for him knowing he wants to leave Houston anyway. and Morey won't trade him if he can't get enough asset in the trade back.

so Asik is stuck in Houston until a good trade comes up. which it won't because Morey has no leverage.

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    Asik publicly revealing his unhappiness in Houston removed any leverage Morey had in trading. so Morey was stuck with an asset he can't move unless he wants to lose badly in a trade.

Asik was stupid because he made known his desire to leave. so now, no GM worth his salt will give up a lot for him knowing he wants to leave Houston anyway. and Morey won't trade him if he can't get enough asset in the trade back.

so Asik is stuck in Houston until a good trade comes up. which it won't because Morey has no leverage.
    It certainly didn't help matters that's for sure

Quote Originally Posted by RightToCensor
    Miami already has one playing SF
    ohhhh.....ZING!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Yea, but imagine not only this year for the Rockets, but the future as well.

What if they could have gotten a deal that improves their team this year...while also shedding the Asik contract now so they could improve the roster this summer.

It may not have been possible, but why not do something like Marion and Larkin for Asik? Marion makes them better this year than Asik does...and Marion's contract expires this year so they then have cap room to improve the roster.

Obviously Lin isn't likely in their future as well...so in the deal they get their future backup pg in a promising young first round pick in Larkin on his rookie deal.

That type of trade should have been looked at by Morey...I feel like he didn't even entertain stuff like that.

All in for 14 playoffs

NBA Legend

I dont think they got any decent offers.

Asik is ok but hes not really a difference maker.

Decent college freshman

Morey's a bit of dick. That's the main reason. They have no use for him on the Rockets and Asik wants playing time elsewhere. A team like the Spurs would probably do the player a favor and dump him on another team without getting much in return. Morey wants first round picks and multiple assets. He always wants to come out a winner in every trade. Smart from a front office point of view but he's burning bridges with the players in doing so.

Our asking price was a tad bit too high is what I heard.