Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Good college starter BigShotBob's Avatar

Default Re: List of Forwards LeBron James has lost Finals MVP to

Quote Originally Posted by Rico2016
    Not quite. LeBron stopped Derrick Rose from winning FMVP in 2011 because I feel the Bulls were going to beat the Mavericks that year. He also prevented Durant from winning in 2012 (obviously). He also prevented Kawhi in 2013. And...who knows in 2016. Maybe Curry? Probably Curry.
    I narrowed it down to forwards but I do think the Bulls would have matched up well against the Mavs.

He stopped Kawhi in 2013 only to turn around and lose and give up FMVP to him in 2014.

Same with Durant. Beat him in 2012 when he had a superior team then Durant comes back with a better team and beats him twice and wins FMVP both times. If he wins another one then he'll be tied with Lebron in both rings and FMVPs. Crazy.

Curry isn't a forward but he couldn't stop Curry from winning a championship.

In fact Lebron hasn't stopped any noteworthy player from winning a championship.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigShotBob
    I narrowed it down to forwards but I do think the Bulls would have matched up well against the Mavs.

He stopped Kawhi in 2013 only to turn around and lose and give up FMVP to him in 2014.

Same with Durant. Beat him in 2012 when he had a superior team then Durant comes back with a better team and beats him twice and wins FMVP both times. If he wins another one then he'll be tied with Lebron in both rings and FMVPs. Crazy.

In fact Lebron hasn't stopped any noteworthy player from winning a championship.
    He stopped Wade in 2011.

But was 2014 really his fault with a declining/aging Wade and blood clot Bosh? 2011 was an ultimate fail though, but Dirk isn't a SF so that doesn't really "fit' this weird thread agenda.

Good college starter BigShotBob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
    He stopped Wade in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Rico2016
    But was 2014 really his fault with a declining/aging Wade and blood clot Bosh? 2011 was an ultimate fail though, but Dirk isn't a SF so that doesn't really "fit' this weird thread agenda.
    It's not like they were swept. They beat the Spurs in Game 2 and were going back home to retake home court advantage.

Then Pop told Kawhi to "take over" and the Spurs never looked back.

The washed up Mavs took the same Spurs team to 7 games that year iirc in the first round.

Sometimes it's about match ups and a lot of times it's about effort. During that Finals series after Game 3 the Heat looked defeated. Lebron and Wade were visibly distraught in Game 4 and Game 5 then we add in the infamous "cramps" and it starts to get embarrassing.

Lebron is known for making excuses whenever he loses. That elbow shit he pulled was a comedy routine. Then the cramps, then the hand injury.....

I don't want to rag on him too hard because I'm more or less indifferent about him but following his career has been very entertaining to say the least.

It wasn't as self-destructive and obsessive as me being a life long MJ hater but I was younger back then. Once my life picked up I had to let my hate go.

He stopped Wade in 2011.

2012 OKC was favored with their 3 All-NBA players which included the league Blocks leader and runner-up DPOY. Then add 6MOTY to that list of players.

Yes, Durant came back with a better team in 2017 and 18 than OKC had in 2012 with a total of 4 All-NBA players that included DPOY and the 2 leading 3pt shooters in the league.

2 titles (soon to be 3) that nobody recognizes / respects.

High School Varsity 6th Man

He stopped Wade in 2011.

He stopped Wade in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by bullettooth
    LeBron is like a high school slut; everyone gets a turn.
    Then that must make you the obsessed jealous virgin.

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    Why aren't 30 Bran accounts in here quoting eachother with emojis?
    Simon has to sleep sometime

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    Why aren't 30 Bran accounts in here quoting eachother with emojis?
    I think he's sleeping at the time of your post.

So what Op is trying to tell us is the list of small forwrds Lebron lost to are by far better than any shooting guards Mj faced in the finals? I thought we already knew that Op, thanks for the PSA though?

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon
    So what Op is trying to tell us is the list of small forwrds Lebron lost to are by far better than any shooting guards Mj faced in the finals? I thought we already knew that Op, thanks for the PSA though?
    Well we cant be too sure now. We know Terry Porter (legend) Craig Ehlo (legend) John Starks (legend) Jeff Hornacek (legend) Dan Majerle (legend) and Byron Russell (legend) was very tough competition back in the 90s

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation
    Well we cant be too sure now. We know Terry Porter (legend) Craig Ehlo (legend) John Starks (legend) Jeff Hornacek (legend) Dan Majerle (legend) and Byron Russell (legend) was very tough competition back in the 90s
    What about jj barea and jason terry

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac
    What about jj barea and jason terry
    Typical Kobe fan

6/24
    Shaq for 3
    Blew a 3-1 lead
    Missed the playoffs in his prime
    1 MVP in 20 years
    3x 1st round exits

Anything else I need to include?