Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    3-time NBA All-Star

Default College ball is so Much better than the NBA

NBA has better individual players obviously but college ball as a whole is way better. Watching these tourneys is just a reminder of how shitty the NBA has become as a product.

Default Re: College ball is so Much better than the NBA

Which teams in college are you talking about? I love me some Michigan

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Which teams in college are you talking about? I love me some Michigan
    Watching Duke and Florida State right now but I'm just talking college ball in general. These kids want it so much more than most of the pros. The game is called much better also. Fouls are usually fouls and travels are actually called. The fans are are way more emotionally involved also. All in all it's just a way better product

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23
    NBA has better individual players obviously but college ball as a whole is way better. Watching these tourneys is just a reminder of how shitty the NBA has become as a product.
    Agreed. If the league allowed more physicality it might counter act all these insane scoring with no defense being played. That UNC - Duke game the other night was entertaining. And was diverse in the types of shots players could take and would take.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Agreed. If the league allowed more physicality it might counter act all these insane scoring with no defense being played. That UNC - Duke game the other night was entertaining. And was diverse in the types of shots players could take and would take.
    Yeah man. The NBA used to have similar energy and play style on both ends. I remember guys used to pick up there man full court. Pip was a beast at that.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

It's so great to watch basketball when the players aren't making money. Seeing young men that are broke before the game and stay broke after the game satisfies my soul. Which is why I don't even have a tv. I bring my fold-up chair to the park and watch 13 year-olds all day. It's most fun when it's one of those 4 on 5 games where the team with 5 players has one of them as a small child or maybe a girl. It's just great, really great.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    It's so great to watch basketball when the players aren't making money. Seeing young men that are broke before the game and stay broke after the game satisfies my soul. Which is why I don't even have a tv. I bring my fold-up chair to the park and watch 13 year-olds all day. It's most fun when it's one of those 4 on 5 games where the team with 5 players has one of them as a small child or maybe a girl. It's just great, really great.

Best post of the day. Made up for the last one.

Decent college freshman Ben Simmons 25's Avatar

It's not, though. As you said, the players are vastly inferior. Thus, the play is vastly inferior.

The *only* reason college basketball is popular is because it's straight up tribalism in one of its purest forms.

Loyalty to the team above the players. It's tribal. Period.

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

There's a few reasons this topic comes around at tourney time.

Blasts from the Past like Grand Canyon's coach show up outta nowhere to rekindle that nostalgia.

One and done adds a layer of volatility. Zags blew out everyone by 20 for months before Saint Mary's tagged them.

Every team doesn't have shooters like the NBA. Syracuse puts this on display every March winning games with that hard 2-3 zone. The games aren't fun to watch but it's a change of pace from the standard.

Ben Simmons 25 hit the nail on the head. Everyone has ties to some college.

The general atmosphere of major leagues like NBA and NHL is complete garbage compared to that of even a MLS crowd. I went to a few TFC games and the crowd/atmospheric feel there is SO different compared to the robotic ass cheers of NHL/NBA games. So I guess I get what you're getting at but the quality of basketball is straight garbo compared to the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    The general atmosphere of major leagues like NBA and NHL is complete garbage compared to that of even a MLS crowd. I went to a few TFC games and the crowd/atmospheric feel there is SO different compared to the robotic ass cheers of NHL/NBA games. So I guess I get what you're getting at but the quality of basketball is straight garbo compared to the NBA
    Not surprised you're a soccer fan.

Robotic cheers from NHL fans??? Yep, you're definitely fvcking clueless.

The worst thing about college NCAAM is having to listen to the student section go

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH................. for over half the game.

Watching teams play a 3-2 zone and the offense just literally passing around the 3 point line for 30 seconds then chucking up a contested 3 as the shot clock expires is one of the toughest things about college basketball to watch. I've seen games where the score is like 12-3 12 minutes into the game. I won't say it's better than the NBA, but watching March Madness is one of the best times of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    Not surprised you're a soccer fan.

Robotic cheers from NHL fans??? Yep, you're definitely fvcking clueless.
    Except I'm not at all a soccer fan you fking dimwit

By robotic cheers I mean it's all the same generic shit controlled by the music. I hate soccer but their crowds >>>> NBA and NHL by a long shot.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

March madness is the greatest American basketball.

Conference tournaments and the NCAA tournament destroys 99% of NBA basketball.

More physicality, players playing harder, more exciting finishes, less traveling and carrying, far better teamwork, etc.

College ball is just such a better watch.