Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Durant's weak ego can't handle Doncic having more AS votes

Reporter: "Steve said before the game that he considers Luka playing at an All-Star level right now. What have your impressions been getting to see him out there a couple times this season?

Durant: "All-Star level? He's playing great ball. For a 19-year old to average 20-6-5 -- definitely numbers you can look at and consider him for the All-Star selection. But there are so many great players out there at his position. So you never know."
    link

from same interview (but not transcribed on first link)
    He didn’t have to go to class, study hall, none of that extra stuff the rest of the guys had to go through, he was just focusing on his game probably since he was 14 years old. So that’s an advantage for him
    link

Two things

Real Madrid actually did require Luka to go to class and graduate at the high school level.

As for how hard Durant worked in school....

Last edited by kentatm; 01-15-2019 at 11:49 PM.

Default Re: Durant's weak ego can't handle Doncic having more AS votes

KD is so insecure

I don't if it's hilarious or sad but he's an absolute idiot. He's the idiocy bar.

KD is very insecure but so are the luka stans

WHY AINT EVRYONE WORSHIPPIN MY MANZ?????

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    link

from same interview (but not transcribed on first link)

link

Two things

Real Madrid actually did require Luka to go to class and graduate at the high school level.

As for how hard Durant worked in school....

Local High School Star

Anyone who knows my post history, knows I'm not a KD fan. But he's correct about there being a lot of talent in the West. Doncic right now has 700,000 more votes than Anthony Davis. Anthony Davis has the highest Efficiency in the league at 31.3. Luka is not in the top 50. Davis is one of the best 2-way players in the game.

A lot of this is there is a large contingent who want Doncic to be the next Larry Bird. Unsurprisingly, fans are getting ahead of themselves and worked up. The NBA lets you vote every day and some people are obviously voting constantly based on excitement not some objective standard of overall impact. Fan voting often driven by popularity, flash, how much you 'like' someone; which is why Jeff Van Gundy said last year during a telecast that the fans votes should count towards 0% of All-Star selections.

Saw Doncic play for the first time a few days ago; fully expected to come away thinking "overrated" but I was pretty impressed with his play; handles, shooting, around the back dribble, step-back and can score a variety of ways. That said he's not better than KD, Davis and some of the others he's polling ahead of, although he may be some day.

Quote Originally Posted by bdonovan
    Anyone who knows my post history, knows I'm not a KD fan. But he's correct about there being a lot of talent in the West. Doncic right now has 700,000 more votes than Anthony Davis. Anthony Davis has the highest Efficiency in the league at 31.3. Luka is not in the top 50. Davis is one of the best 2-way players in the game.

A lot of this is there is a large contingent who want Doncic to be the next Larry Bird. Unsurprisingly, fans are getting ahead of themselves and worked up. The NBA lets you vote every day and some people are obviously voting constantly based on excitement not some objective standard of overall impact. Fan voting often driven by popularity, flash, how much you 'like' someone; which is why Jeff Van Gundy said last year during a telecast that the fans votes should count towards 0% of All-Star selections.

Saw Doncic play for the first time a few days ago; fully expected to come away thinking "overrated" but I was pretty impressed with his play; handles, shooting, around the back dribble, step-back and can score a variety of ways. That said he's not better than KD, Davis and some of the others he's polling ahead of, although he may be some day.
    It's not about efficiency or who's better. It's about who fans want to see. It always was until the NBA decided to control troll voting.

You

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    It's not about efficiency or who's better. It's about who fans want to see. It always was until the NBA decided to control troll voting.
    First, if that were the case, why does the NBA only have the fans vote count for 50% of which starters get selected? Clearly, they want safeguards against the common fan's being impacted by various cognitive biases that have nothing to do with who's actually the best player.

Second, my comments were in response to the OP who seemed to imply that Durant has a problem with Luka for polling ahead of him. I was pointing out he may have a very good reason for being annoyed.

Local High School Star

[QUOTE=keep-itreal]You

First, if that were the case, why does the NBA only have the fans vote count for 50% of which starters get selected? Clearly, they want safeguards against the common fan's being impacted by various cognitive biases that have nothing to do with who's actually the best player.
    Because the NBA wants that, not the fans. Fans wanted to see VC over Duncan. VC's the more exciting player. It doesn't matter to the fans that Duncan may be better. They don't care about that.

ASGs should be 100% decided by the fans, but you can only vote at the stadiums.

Why Durant has fans is beyond me. This dude is an insecure beta who is yet to do anything noteworthy in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew
    Why Durant has fans is beyond me. This dude is an insecure beta who is yet to do anything noteworthy in his career.
    Aren't you a Lebron stan?