Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Countdown to Red Dead Redemption 2

^Take your time. I did, and I still missed some cool stuff because I didn't take enough time.

Bump!

Finally got 100%. 1 month to play through the story and another 3 months to finish all the stuff. It was a grind, but I'd rather have stuff to do than not have stuff to do.

Best game ever.
    Last edited by JohnnySic; 02-18-2019 at 07:37 PM.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

https://www.polygon.com/2019/4/22/18...sign-criticism

So this is an exceptionally long article reviewing this game that, while I think is a bit hard on it in spots, does do a nice job of expressing a ton of my issues. There are some spoilers near the end ... if anyone ever gets there, but the beginning is a lot about the functionality and controls, and it really hits what I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    https://www.polygon.com/2019/4/22/18...sign-criticism

So this is an exceptionally long article reviewing this game that, while I think is a bit hard on it in spots, does do a nice job of expressing a ton of my issues. There are some spoilers near the end ... if anyone ever gets there, but the beginning is a lot about the functionality and controls, and it really hits what I think.
    The game isn’t perfect. My biggest pet peeve was bumping into someone in town while riding my horse and then having the cops coming at me, shooting to kill! There were other little annoyances, but the game does so many things right, I can forgive that stuff.
    Last edited by JohnnySic; 04-24-2019 at 03:46 PM.

[QUOTE=JohnnySic]The game isn

Recently started my second playthrough and I'm taking it slooooooowww. There is A LOT I missed, especially in terms of conversations in camp and random events I ignored the first time through.

This game has so much content, I can only imagine what GTA VI will have.

hm.

RD2 online was an epic fail

I finally completed Chapter 6.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    RD2 online was an epic fail
    Oh good. Maybe now they'll do the right thing and do some single-player dlc's instead.

I thought I'd bump this thread to celebrate the one year anniversary (approximately) of the greatest video game of all time. Because I insist.

Its def in my top 10, but wouldn't call it my favorite. Masterpiece though, best game of 2018.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    I thought I'd bump this thread to celebrate the one year anniversary (approximately) of the greatest video game of all time. Because I insist.
    It's up there for me. I get some of the gripes that Thorpe listed. Why does it feel like you're always running through treacle? The controls still aren't intuitive either. Even towards the end of the game I was occasionally pressing the wrong buttons and didn't always get into the cover spots I was aiming for. However this game was spectacular. I plan on playing it through for a 2nd time in the coming months.

I feel like theres an amazing game hiding under the surface of this thing. I desperately want to love it in its current state, but it just wont let me.

No doubt the graphics and sound are absolutely phenomenal... but the gameplay feels very tedious with all the bullshit micromanagement (I need to manage my characters nutrition? and my horse too? really?) and the keyboard+mouse controls are nearly unplayable (the gamepad isnt much better).

So after a year plus, I finally sat down over the weekend and finished this game. To be fair, I had completely stopped playing sometime late summer, so I hadn't played it in at least three months.

I knew I was extremely close to finishing it. I was in the epilogue and in the ranch. So there just couldn't have been much left. It was basically two sittings, maybe three hours total to finish it. Overall I was really pleased with the ending. Having not played it for an extended period of time, I have to say, the world had that incredible sense of awe reborn. I rode around, which I swore I wouldn't do, and did whatever miscellaneous missions I could find (a couple bounties really was it), then finished it up. When it ended, I went into my lists and found some stuff to finish. I was one horse short for example of finishing the horses, so I went and bought it. I looked up a few plants, because I was four short of finishing those, and then I looked up a few animals and felt that overwhelming too much here sense going on. I took it out and put in Resident Evil 2, which is one of the couple of games (Tomb Raider was the other) I let go while I put more time into this game than any game I've every played.

I still think flawed masterpiece is a really fair description.