Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Lou Williams for 7 million is better than Lamarcus Aldridge for 20 million

Quote Originally Posted by ISHGoat
    ill just leave this here:

lebron career points/shot: 1.38
    kobe career points/shot: 1.24

Please OP you need to address this valid point.. It follows your thread perfectly so please explain this..

College superstar

Default Re: Lou Williams for 7 million is better than Lamarcus Aldridge for 20 million

I can't wait for the Lakers to do the equivalent of the three Ghostbusters crossing the streams; Put Swaggy, Kobe, and Lou in at the same time.

Who knows what vortex might appear. You just know its going up.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

No...he's not.

The value of LMA is higher at 20 million than the value of Lou Williams at 7 million.

However, I do think the Lakers lucked out not getting LMA. I don't think it makes sense for them right now and I also think LMA in that situation would be pretty over-rated.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ISHGoat
    ill just leave this here:

lebron career points/shot: 1.38
    kobe career points/shot: 1.24

kobes is 1.29 ( probably from taking wild/crazy shots his whole career ) but thats what makes him great... the ability to shoot just 0.01 less PPS than the all time great michael jordan (1.30 PPS ) while taking 5000 more crazy/difficult/longer range shots .... thats impressive

and a guy like lebron should be more efficient.

the only problem for bran is when it matters most he fails more often than not

nobody denies lebrons statistical dominance. its his finals record that does him in

the 28% beyond 5 feet kinda ended his chances at a title this year

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    No...he's not.

The value of LMA is higher at 20 million than the value of Lou Williams at 7 million.

However, I do think the Lakers lucked out not getting LMA. I don't think it makes sense for them right now and I also think LMA in that situation would be pretty over-rated.
    Not for the Lakers, and their situation.
    Especially when you consider their cap room situation for next year and the fact that LMA did not want to play center.

Quote Originally Posted by West-Side
    Not for the Lakers, and their situation.
    Especially when you consider their cap room situation for next year and the fact that LMA did not want to play center.
    If you'd read my full post you'd see I agree with that.

Just don't tell me Lou Williams has more value than LMA in this league when factoring in their contracts...he doesn't.

Banned

No...he's not.

dude just admit that i exposed the S.O.B

when will my genius be applauded on ISH... i'm getting sick of being overlooked/under appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    kobes is 1.29

and a guy like lebron should be more efficient.

the only problem for bran is when it matters most he fails more often than not

nobody denies lebrons statistical dominance. its his finals record that does him in

the 28% beyond 5 feet kinda ended his chances at a title this year
    I'm actually confused with this argument.
    LeBron plays a different position; is much bigger and taller. He scores from the paint far more.

Why would Kobe have a higher FG% or PPS?
    Kobe is one of the most efficient shooting guards in the last 15 years; look at the numbers. He is also the 2nd leading passer among all SG. Yet people love to call him an "inefficient" ball hog.

Never made sense.

Facts Are Misleading

Both are legends, and both had historic careers.
    I think Kobe was more focal during his 5 titles; than Duncan has been in his 5. Especially Tim's last two (he was literally a really decent role player).

Not to mention, Kobe has completely owned SA in their respective primes.
    What is he, 4-1 against SA?

Kobe was a magician the year LA beat SA by the greatest margin, in league history. That year LA swept Robinson & Duncan's Spurs.
    You just have to shake your head at comments like this.

Tim Duncan a really decent role player in 2007?????

It blows my mind. HE WAS THEIR UNDISPUTED BEST PLAYER IN 2007.

Learning to shoot layups

No...he's not.

I agree with this.

LMA on the lakers would of made them a 35 win team at best. On the Spurs he makes them a 67 win season at best. I guess it's because, well, the Lakers suck.

If you'd read my full post you'd see I agree with that.

Just don't tell me Lou Williams has more value than LMA in this league when factoring in their contracts...he doesn't.
    I think about your point, and I still don't agree. 20 to 7, is almost 3 to 1. I do think LMA is obviously a far better player, but I don't think he's three times better than Lou. L. Williams is an instant offense. He can put up similar numbers to guys like Lillard or J. Wall if given the minutes.

As a GM; if I'm evaluating pure value. I'd think Lou at 7 million brings more value than LMA at 20 million.

Or think of it this way; for an additional 14 million, you can get someone like Millsap or A. Johnson. I do think getting those two players makes my team better than just LMA; especially when you consider his below average shooting efficiency for a PF.

Banned

LeBron plays a different position; is much bigger and taller. He scores from the paint far more.

Kobe is one of the most efficient shooting guards in the last 15 years; look at the numbers. He is also the 2nd leading passer among all SG. Yet people love to call him an "inefficient" ball hog.

Never made sense.

it really is dependant on position and scoring load

jordans 1.30 PPS is the bar people should be looking at for high volume scoring 6-6 type players

lebron can play power forward for god sake. bad comparison

kobes 1.29 is right there with MJ

which is also why i'm so impressed with lou williams having 1.33 PPS... it would dip a big if his scoring increased to 25-30ppg obviously. but in the time he plays hes extremely efficient and producing

aldridge is holding teams back with his soft play on the offensive end

his 5 free throws per 20 shots is the reason behind the 1.17pps

he isnt positively effecting outcomes as much as he could be if he drew more contact

I think about your point, and I still don't agree. 20 to 7, is almost 3 to 1. I do think LMA is obviously a far better player, but I don't think he's three times better than Lou. L. Williams is an instant offense. He can put up similar numbers to guys like Lillard or J. Wall if given the minutes.

As a GM; if I'm evaluating pure value. I'd think Lou at 7 million brings more value than LMA at 20 million.

Or think of it this way; for an additional 14 million, you can get someone like Millsap or A. Johnson. I do think getting those two players makes my team better than just LMA; especially when you consider his below average shooting efficiency for a PF.

Yea...just no.

LOL...it's not close.

Why do Lakers fans absurdly over-rate every single player they get?

He's not remotely close to the players Wall and Lillard are. Did you actually just make that comparison?

And again, I like Lou...I wish the Mavs had built the team a different way and we had added contracts like this last year and this year. I think this is a valuable contract.

But there is a reason he's only getting 7 million a year...and Wall/Lillard will get the full max.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 07-06-2015 at 10:49 AM.

College superstar

Never made sense.
    This is patently absurd.

Harden's WORST TS% the last 5 years is .598. Kobe's career HIGH is .580. Manu's CAREER avg is .586 (better than any season ever for Kobe).

CAREER Pts/FGA
    Kobe 1.294
    Manu 1.389
    Harden 1.505

People call him an inefficient ball hog because despite being an all time great, thats just what he is.

Banned

Yea...just no.

LOL...it's not close.

Why do Lakers fans absurdly over-rate every single player they get?

you have to look closer

do you see it

look.... closelier

its not the 7 million for just lou... you have to factor in the other 14 million worth the lakers are acquiring