Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Ruutu's Avatar

Default Re: Skip Bayless to Chris Broussard:

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Don't fool yourself.

Skip Bayless -- deep down -- probably couldn't care less whether James wins or loses. He has created this character that is anti-LeBron and it has made him very famous and very controversial.

That is no accident. He is an attention wh0re and being the anti-James gave him all of the attention that he wanted and more during LeBron's first 7 years in the NBA.

Nowadays, James isn't well liked across the country, so Bayless doesn't stand out the way he used to when James was a wholesome, beloved athlete who was loved by many and hated by few. Still, Bayless' celebrity identity has become almost solely about his contrived disdain for James.

If you think that he rolls around in bed, dreading a possible title for LeBron, you are crazy. I think he may actually want it, in fact. Then, everyone will be thinking, "How is Bayless going to react to this" and "I can't wait to watch First-and-10 to see what he says next."

In reality, it is all a show... And Skip -- very purposefully -- has become the star. The more stuff that James wins and the more James' fans become convinced that Bayless will finally get his by something that James does on the court, the happier he will be.

What Bayless probably fears most is James really stinking it up, the Heat losing, and LeBron's stardom taking a dive. Then, no one will much care what Skip has to say on the matter, because it will no longer be controversial. Skip's entire 'journalistic' life -- at this point -- is tied into LeBron James.
    Some of it is an act of course, but no.....he actually truly despises Lebron. I've seen enough to know that.

No person wants to look like an idiot. If Lebron wins, Skip is going to look like a moron. He kind of already does.

At every point in Lebron's career he under-rated Lebron and grossly over-rated Lebron's supporting cast in an effort to to tear him down.

If its 100% an act then Skip is the best actor in the world. I don't think you can fake that kind of hatred or passion.

I think its obvious that he genuinely cares a lot about this stuff.

Good High School Starter SmackOrH.A.K's Avatar

Skip bayless is dummy.

College superstar

Skip just apologized for "going too far" yesterday on First and 10.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jlip
    Skip just apologized for "going too far" yesterday on First and 10.
    Good, he should have.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    Skip has no right to call people out for selling their souls.

He became infamous (and kicked out of Dallas media) for writing a book that falsely accused Troy Aikman of being gay.
    Just so you know, Troy Aikman is gay. No, I do not have proof, so I realize my word means little, but there is no question about it I promise.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    Just so you know, Troy Aikman is gay. No, I do not have proof, so I realize my word means little, but there is no question about it I promise.
    I wouldn't even be shocked. the man is way too comfortable hangin wit Joe Buck in that booth.

and I bet Broussard got emo back stage. u can tell that Skip really cut him with that comment.

kkling
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Skip backed out on a comment, I'm shocked.

Skip already has his built in excuse if Lebron wins, even if he was obviously playing better than Wade. Homer vs Hater is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    The host immediately went into "Protect Lebron" mode. Sirens went off at ESPN headquarters when Skip started talking.

"We have a Code Red.....Protect the King!!!!........"
    LOL

Bayless is a moron, has crazy bias in a career in which you check your bias at the door.

But Broussard pisses me off, he has to say "Lebron" at least 15x in every interview, every sentence he just has to say his name like we will forget who he is referring to. And the way he say "Lebron" sounds wierd to me.

Not airballing my layups anymore

ESPN emasculated Skip by making him apologize today his gimmick has officially lost all of it's bite.

Dunking on everybody in the park 24r2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    I'm starting to hate this Skip Bayless guy.

and kentatm always post something i never knew about.
    *looks at avatar*