Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Skip Bayless to Chris Broussard:

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    The host immediately went into "Protect Lebron" mode. Sirens went off at ESPN headquarters when Skip started talking.

"We have a Code Red.....Protect the King!!!!........"

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaiiu
    Windy doesnt EVEN LIKE LEBRON. He just made a move that was best for his career by going to Miami. He pretty much cant talk bad about him now he is with ESPN.But Windy was constantly droppin the dirt on Lebron and shittin on him after game 5 last year.

next
    Windhorst said that the people in Cleveland were awful to him when he decided to leave.

And Broussard has criticized Lebron many times. He picked the Heat to win from day 1. Looks a lot smarter than all of us....thats for sure.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Windhorst said that the people in Cleveland were awful to him when he decided to leave.

And Broussard has criticized Lebron many times. He picked the Heat to win from day 1. Looks a lot smarter than all of us....thats for sure.
    So? what the hell does that have to do with what I said fakkit?

I rule the local playground game385's Avatar

I'm sorry, but Skip was way out of line for that. I'm certainly no LeBron fan but Brussard's argument this morning appeared more truthful and earnest while Skip seemed to reach even more than usual with his anti-LeBron rants.

If anyone saw the debate, you would have seen that Chris Brussard was just explaining that LeBron wore #23 in H.S. and early in his career out of admiration for MJ as opposed to Skip's perspective which was that it was a blatant statement of disrespect by some cocky 18 year old kid proclaiming to the world that he "had arrived" as MJ's replacement.
    Not that I think LeBron is the most humble guy in the world but Brussard's statements made a lot more sense. What kid growing up playing basketball didn't want to wear #23? What kid growing up in the 90's didn't idolize MJ? Like I said, I'm not a LeBron fan, but I don't blame a kid growing up playing ball at that level for wanting to wear #23 and I think it's ridiculous to read as much negativity into it as Skip tried to this morning.

IMO, If anyone "sold their soul", it's Skip Bayless. He's traded any legitimate claim to being a reputable sports journalist to become this deranged caricature of sports analyst.
    Last edited by game385; 05-30-2011 at 07:44 PM.

Made that high school varsity squad pmj's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    The host immediately went into "Protect Lebron" mode. Sirens went off at ESPN headquarters when Skip started talking.

"We have a Code Red.....Protect the King!!!!........"
    Ummm, you realize ESPN PAYS Skip Bayless right. The guy's sole purpose on the network is to be the Lebron hater.

And btw, the host is a well known Cavs fan that has hated Lebron since the decision too.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    He reported on rumors this summer. Something that everyone did and he was told to do because ESPN wanted minute by minute breaking news on Lebron and the other free agents.

Broussard always stays consistent in his opinions as well.

But I'm not shocked Cavs fans hate Broussard. Is Windhorst also a terrible journalist? LOL
    Windhorst is a fantastic journalist... Probably my favorite young journalist in the business.

And, the Broussard thing goes far beyond the rumors with James over the summer or his general catering to LeBron over the last several months... His 'breaking news' is what bothers me most.

He goes way out on limbs with things that aren't even close to being done. Even worse than his 'different BS every day' with the James thing was his all over the map BS with the whole Carmelo Anthony fiasco.

The guy just tries to make headlines and he doesn't care how credible his sources are, which is pretty much the definition of a bad journalist. You don't put your own agenda ahead of the actual story.

He obviously wanted to get on the front page of ESPN.com again a couple of days ago, so he did the whole 'Cavs-Pistons' thing with Rip Hamilton. Any talks between the teams were in their absolute infancy and both franchises have confirmed this. But, there he is, on the front page of ESPN.com writing as though the thing was about to go down.

He has just become a total attention wh0re and has forgotten some of the golden rules of journalism.

If Windhorst had reported that the Cavs and Pistons were close to a deal, I would absolutely, 100-percent believe it. He hasn't lost his integrity with his fame. When it comes to Broussard rumors, I wait to see if anyone else confirms it before I even think about believing it. That is the sign of a bad, untrustworthy journalist.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 05-30-2011 at 07:18 PM.

Banned

I mean yeah Broussard is the biggest LeBron homer around but it doesn't make him any better. I mean his bashing on LeBron used to be somewhat funny but now it's pretty apparent that it's a gimmick

Banned

his poor news reporting aside, i love bayless as a character on ESPN. some entertainment value

Banned

Skip makes me laugh when he pisses off people like that. I don't agree with him, but he reminds me of Rush Limbaugh (who I don't agree with either) when a caller comes in and disagrees with him and then he just keeps pushing the callers buttons until he's super pissed. I love it when Skip does that, lol.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

This little trade is the exact reason why I have so little respect for sports journalism.

Quote Originally Posted by pmj
    And btw, the host is a well known Cavs fan that has hated Lebron since the decision too.
    That isn't true at all. Jay Crawford is from Sandusky, Ohio, but he has gone on record several times as saying that he holds no grudge against James.

As a matter of fact, take a look for yourself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7BOqh2sr9M#t=0m33

So, yeah...

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    That isn't true at all. Jay Crawford is from Sandusky, Ohio, but he has gone on record several times as saying that he holds no grudge against James.

As a matter of fact, take a look for yourself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7BOqh2sr9M#t=0m33

So, yeah...
    Jay Crawford is a suckup. He likes everyone as long as they appear on ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    Jay Crawford is a suckup. He likes everyone as long as they appear on ESPN
    I don't even really watch the show. I find all of them annoying. In fact, I watch very little ESPN these days, as it has become more about sensationalism than actual sports reporting... But, I just wanted to show that the idea that he holds a grudge against James isn't true.... At least, according to his own words.

Super Ultra Sexy Hero SinJackal's Avatar

lol.

Chris Broussard and Skip Bayless. . .two of the worst sports personalities ever. I literally cannot think of 3 worse sports personalities ESPN has had on the air (non athletes).

Banned

Anyone who tries to get in with lebron is by definition a sack of shit.