Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    High School Starter

Default Re: Yi to demand a trade?

Quote Originally Posted by BradMiller52
    This is Petrie's chance to redeem himself! COME ON GEOFF DO IT. Hawes+Ron Ron to Milwaukee for Yi+Skinner.

FYI Yi already said he liked the Kings and Sacramento.:)
    co-signed!

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    All true but I think everyone assumes that the PLAYER in this case wouldn't dog it as it would seriously hurt his future prospects once his rookie deal is done.

In my naive thinking here, I'm also hoping Milwaukee "bites the bullet" of sorts and shows players/representatives that kind of stuff cannot happen. Similar to what happened in the NHL with Alexei Yashin. He didn't want to play out his contract and his team said it would be a breach of contract.

Yi and his people should have no leverage when it comes to the draft or like the other poster mentioned, it will ruin the integrity of the draft (which IMO is a solid system).

And people did criticize Francis for his moves and still do to this day. Vancouver simply caved into the pressure quickly.
    It's real tough for a team to to stick to their guns when they're the ones who ultimately lose out by getting little to nothing for their draft pick. At least by caving into their demands you can try and salvage something out of a bad situation. But again, you wouldn't be in a bad situation if you didn't select a player who was going to pull this sort of thing with your team. It's not it's a surprise. It's not like they drafted him, got into training camp, and all of the sudden the players say, "Um, I don't want to be here." Teams know WELL in advance, and they pick 'em anyway. I have zero sympathy for a team that picks against all common sense, unless you're doing it for trade bait of course.

People did criticize Francis, but not to the degree that we're seeing right now. Maybe it's just that there's more of an internet presence now, or maybe it's just that with Milwaukee really close to me, I'm hearing a lot more about it than I did about Francis. But people here worship Kobe to the point of tears, he can do no wrong in so many people's eyes around here, but some of those same people are pointing accusingly at Yi, even though their little hero did WAY WORSE when he was drafted.

Local High School Star

Skinner is garbage but I wouldn't mind Yi if he can play a little bit of the 5.

Good High School Starter

[QUOTE=Targus

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

It's real tough for a team to to stick to their guns when they're the ones who ultimately lose out by getting little to nothing for their draft pick. At least by caving into their demands you can try and salvage something out of a bad situation. But again, you wouldn't be in a bad situation if you didn't select a player who was going to pull this sort of thing with your team. It's not it's a surprise. It's not like they drafted him, got into training camp, and all of the sudden the players say, "Um, I don't want to be here." Teams know WELL in advance, and they pick 'em anyway. I have zero sympathy for a team that picks against all common sense, unless you're doing it for trade bait of course.
    Exactly why I called it my naive hope. As a fan it's easy to say but if I was running the Bucks then I'd definitely be looking for a trade. I wouldn't be in a rush though, I'd want fair value in return.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    Exactly why I called it my naive hope. As a fan it's easy to say but if I was running the Bucks then I'd definitely be looking for a trade. I wouldn't be in a rush though, I'd want fair value in return.
    Exactly. There's got to be someone out there who wants a big Chinese guy who can shoot, and can break the ankles right off of a recliner.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by JalenRawley
    Beer?
    got me on that one

Good High School Starter

[QUOTE=Targus

Milw is dumb tho....they didnt see the kid, was told Yi wasnt gonna play there, they were offered trades for the pick and yi...they denied them all and went and took Yi.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by JalenRawley
    Exactly. There's got to be someone out there who wants a big Chinese guy who can shoot, and can break the ankles right off of a recliner.
    I'm sure there's lots of teams that want him, but when every team in the league knows that he won't play for the Bucks and their hands are tied (if that's really the case), then his trade value automatically drops.

Kind've like the whole Allen Iverson trade.

Mathius

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease BlackMoses's Avatar

Milwaukee is the one to blame here. Sure, Yi's representatives are rather arrogant, but it isn't like the Bucks didn't know this going in.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Mathius
    I'm sure there's lots of teams that want him, but when every team in the league knows that he won't play for the Bucks and their hands are tied (if that's really the case), then his trade value automatically drops.

Kind've like the whole Allen Iverson trade.

Mathius
    So then you keep him and screw everyone. You screw Yi, you screw everyone who wants him, and you screw yourself because you made a completely inept move in drafting someone who didn't want to be there.

Then, like with Danny Ferry, a couple seasons will go by and the team will realize "okay, he's not falling for the bluff", and they trade him for pennies on the dollar.

Then Yi can go to another team, and he probably won't be as good, especially after a couple years of playing in inferior leagues, if at all, and when he's a disappointment he can blame it all on the Bucks picking him when he didn't want to be there in the first place. And I'll smile, because Yi has truly learned the American way: How to redirect blame from yourself.

I rule the local playground

this just speeds up his eventual retirement now he might have 2 years in the league instead of 4 before everyone realizes he sucks.

Local High School Star beau_boy04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DCL
    hope the bucks don't do sh!t and punish his ass by keeping him.
    they do that and the Chinese Government will keep him over there.

Book it!

Local High School Star beau_boy04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brantonli
    Yi's representatives will ask the Bucks to trade Yi on Friday

I knpow I'm slightly biased, but I'm pretty sure that Yi Jianlian is excited to even get into hte NBA, he's going to play for any old team, but it's the Chinese government that wants him to play for a bigger market team. I'm almost certain of that.

he didn't look so happy when Milwaukkee selected him yesterday