Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: RTC's Lottery Mock Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    I get where you coming from Jammer, but let's be real here, Orlando ain't drafting another guard, they already got the future set with Payton and Oladipo.

Same thing the Wolves are not drafting Mudiay (maybe if Khan was there).
    They don't need to. They are mocked to get Winslow.

And the Wolves don't have the guard position locked up at all. You pick BPA. I don't care what anyone says.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear

And the Wolves don't have the guard position locked up at all. You pick BPA. I don't care what anyone says.
    Didn't I say get out? You thought I was playing.

They don't?
    Rubio had an extension and Wiggins will be the next shooting guard for years. Why would they need to draft someone to that position?

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    They don't?
    Rubio had an extension and Wiggins will be the next shooting guard for years. Why would they need to draft someone to that position?
    Is Rubio the right way to go at PG? It's still a debate imo. And my mistake I forgot Wiggins played the 2 not the 3.

Is Rubio the right way to go at PG? It's still a debate imo. And my mistake I forgot Wiggins played the 2 not the 3.
    He's definitelly, he's just not scorer.
    He does everything else amazingly well (good defender, excelent passer, good rebounder for a guard).
    (But the point is, he got an extension so.. he will stay).

Wiggins have been wandering at 2 and 3, but he's definitelly a SG.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

I could have swore jameer committed suicide after the last draft.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NugzFan
    I could have swore jameer committed suicide after the last draft.
    That's what makes me so confident that I'm right. I love when an idiot differs opinions with me, now I'm 100% WCS will be a Magic.

I don't mind this

decent

Kings need to either get WCS or Porzingus

Local High School Star Magic731's Avatar

Wolves will take Towns or Okafor if they are available. By the time their current core is contending Pekovic won't be a factor. I think they try to get a front court (big man) mate to pair with Dieng.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Magic731
    Wolves will take Towns or Okafor if they are available. By the time their current core is contending Pekovic won't be a factor. I think they try to get a front court (big man) mate to pair with Dieng.
    Pek has had injury problems but his previous two seasons he's averaged 18/10 and 20/10 per36, respectively. Both seasons with a PER of 20 and a decent TS%.

Isn't that basically what NBA scouts are expecting out of Okafor? And forget trading Pekovic, with his injury woes and his contract Minnesota isn't gonna have leverage. They aren't gonna get valuable assets back for Pekovic, if he's dealt it'll be because Minnesota wants cap relief and a team desperately needs Pekovic or whatever asset is attacked to him.

If D'Angelo Russell can live up to the potential of being a 6-5 combo guard that can pass, handle, rebound, shoot, drive, and is left handed then teams would be foolish to pass up on him. Okafor maybe appealing because his post game is exactly what certain TNT Analysts have been glamouring over and have been pointing out what has been missing from today's game, but his style of play doesn't win. You cannot and will not win as a team with a low post center leading your team in touches in today's league. It doesn't even matter if Minnesota wants to win now or not, you don't crowd one position without certainty that you can reduce the players in said position. The worse thing going into the preseason is learning how to distribute minutes between one offensive center that has solidified himself, one defensive center that is proving himself, and one hyped rookie that wants to prove himself. It's even harder when none of them can play together.

Banned

I'm not as impressed in Kelly Oubre's game as other people seem to be. I watched some of his in-game highlights and I wasn't please how much of his offense didn't come off the dribble. He's left handed, can shoot the college three, and can finish over college players, sounds a lot like Kentucky James Young (who currently has been relegated to the D-League). Maybe that'll translate into something in the NBA level, maybe it won't.

I just looked up who nbadraft has him compared to and I was surprised. Kendall Gill and JAMES YOUNG. I'm trying not to take that comparison to heart, but from what I watched he looks exactly like James Young in his Kentucky days.

I'm just not seeing why Kelly is deserving of his hype.

Banned

I'm watching D'Angelo Russell and I don't wanna say he's a young James Harden, but he's a young James Harden. Harden (who had the advantage of strength and driving) was indeed a natural SG, but Russell is just wowing me.

Russell is able to see over defenses which is an immediate advantage for PGs. He can make that pocket pass, he can make no lookers, he makes the bullet passes, he makes the Kevin Love cross court passes, if there is any major concern of him being an NBA PG then throw those concerns out the window. One small concern I'll address is that can get flustered against great defense or doubles, he needs to refine if split-second decision making if he hopes to solidify himself as a PG.

Russell scores in a plethora of ways. He shoots the pull up three, he shoots jumpers coming off screens, he shoots spotted up, he shoots off the dribble, his release is quick. He does need to get better at finishing at the rim, he isn't as explosive as say Damien Lillard, but seeing a guy like Isaiah Thomas, who is under 6', be able to finish over NBA players so I won't say its impossible for D'Angelo Russell to refine his driving game and find his go-to move to at the rim. He also isolates his offense from his right hand. He's gonna need that to keep defenses on his toes.

I'm certain his draft range is 2-4. His ceiling is lower that Mudiay, but the difference is that Russell's weaknesses are more easily fixable. D'Angelo Russell will probably lead all perimeter rookies in scoring and efficiency, even if he's the first guard off the bench for Minnesota.

I don't love okafor as a prospect but see Minnesota as maybe the best fit for him. If they're top 2 they go for one of the bigs.

Don't see oubre being picked before dekker or Stanley Johnson.

I want to like delon wright (I like big pg's) but I don't think he is strong or quick enough for his height to be an advantage. Good all around game though and plays pretty smart so maybe I'm wrong about his athletic ability and then maybe he could be a rotation guy.

Looking forward to the lottery so that possible trades could be thought of. I really hope the Knicks win pick 1 and trade down. I want to see them end up w Russell or wcs plus Lavine and bjelica or wroten and another pick(s). Nugs I love the pick you have and think they should hope for Winslow or wcs

Banned

Just watched some tapes of Winslow.

Can't come up of a better comparison that a left handed Jimmy Butler. When people said he had the fearless motor of Russell Westbrook I ignored it, but now I believe the hype. Question is can he play that way during an 82 game season. Westbrook can because he's a freak of nature and recovers from injury like he's Superman. Winslow likes to get into the teeth of the paint then go up to finish. It'll be interesting how he finishes over NBA defenses. I don't know if he has the ability to create for himself off the dribble without an open driving lane, because he didn't showcase it. He shoots the three well.

I see him falling, not because of his skillset, but Orlando and Sacramento are focusing on bettering their putrid #26 and #27 respectively ranked Defensive Efficiency Ranking. Assuming they have a sensible brain, Willie Cauley-Stein are #1 on their big boards. If he's off the board I see Sacramento attempting to fill the position that has been lifeless since the days on Chris Webber, and that's the PF position. The fact that Winslow plays the same position of Top 10 SF Rudy Gay, 2013 lottery pick Ben McLemore, and 2014 lottery pick Nik Stauskas doesn't help his case at all.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    I don't love okafor as a prospect but see Minnesota as maybe the best fit for him. If they're top 2 they go for one of the bigs.
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...6&postcount=40

Don't see oubre being picked before dekker or Stanley Johnson.
    I don't either, maybe Dekker, but I need to be impressed in Oubre's Draft Workouts to start believing in the hype he gets.

I want to like delon wright (I like big pg's) but I don't think he is strong or quick enough for his height to be an advantage. Good all around game though and plays pretty smart so maybe I'm wrong about his athletic ability and then maybe he could be a rotation guy.
    Delon Wright had a great college season, everything you'd want from a big PG. I don't think he'll be an All-Star from what I watched, but he can be a really good complementary player to a SG (or in my case Russell Westbrook) both offensively and defensively.