Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast
    College superstar

Default Battle of Eras: Walt Frazier's comments vs Lebron's on the Heat's streak

Frazier: Heat not an all-time great team

Miami Heat are chasing history, but New York Knicks Hall of Famer Walt Frazier doesn't think much of what they've accomplished this season.

"I think they're the best team in the NBA, but I wouldn't call them a great team. I wouldn't rank them anywhere near the top 10 best teams ever," Frazier said Friday on ESPN New York 98.7 FM's "The Michael Kay Show."

"It's more an indication of how weak the NBA is right now than their superiority," Frazier said...

"When we [the Knicks] were the first team in 1969-70 to win 18 consecutive games, the starting five was on the bench in the fourth quarter. I mean, we were blowing teams out. Miami is not blowing teams out; they're making miraculous comebacks.

"So I think sooner or later it's gonna catch up with them. The other problem is they're playing mediocre teams. They're playing teams that have nothing to lose and they're looking to make their season by breaking that streak, so I think that's going to eventually cause their demise..."

...Please don't say that this is a great team, guys. These guys maybe have two [future] Hall of Famers. C'mon. This is not a great team."

Link

VS

[I]
    Last edited by jlip; 03-25-2013 at 11:05 AM.

Default Re: Battle of Eras: Walt Frazier's comments & Lebron's on the Heat's streak

Oh but people have told me on here that Miami is the most stacked team in history.

Decent playground baller Kovach's Avatar

Default Re: Battle of Eras: Walt Frazier's comments & Lebron's on the Heat's streak

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    Oh but people have told me on here that Miami is the most stacked team in history.
    Compared to the competition they are facing that is probably true.

NBA rookie of the year

The irony of a pre-merger champ dissing the strength of the current NBA.

Default Re: Battle of Eras: Walt Frazier's comments vs Lebron's on the Heat's streak

These old men are too much.
    First, MJ saying only 4 players would be successful in his era.
    now this.

Default Re: Battle of Eras: Walt Frazier's comments vs Lebron's on the Heat's streak

LeBron's argument is more convincing.

Walt Frazier seems to imply that the greatest teams in history need to have as many Hall of Famers as teams from a specific era that had less teams than today...

Frazier makes a good point. Look at the Eastern conference; it's a complete ****ing joke. Worst I've seen since the early 2000's. Maybe THE worst because of all the injuries.

Decent playground baller Kovach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by livinglegend
    These old men are too much.
    First, MJ saying only 4 players would be as successful in his era.
    now this.
    Fixed.

First of all, if Miami breaks the streak and wins the title, people are going to put them in the top 10.

It's not like Miami is the only good team in the NBA with all the star players on one team. There are plenty of good and great players on other teams. Teams like Toronto never win because they make poor management decisions. OKC and SAS are both small market teams, and they are very successful.

Maybe two? I think Bosh could get into the HoF, and how can somebody forget Ray Allen? And how does that determine how good a team is? Chalmers, Battier, Miller, Allen, Lewis, Anthony, Birdman, ect. all contribute to this team. Miami is a stacked team.

Frazier is right. 13 Heat wouldn't beat most great championship teams with a dominant big man. LOL at Bosh/Birdman/Anthony guarding a prime KAJ, Wilt, Shaq, Hakeem or Duncan.

Frazier

Ain't no legends will respect Lebron and this Heat team.

Only Lebron fans don't understand why.

Those Frazier quotes smell insecurity.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by livinglegend
    Those Frazier quotes smell insecurity.
    You can say the same thing about Lebron's.

I am your soldier!

Hmm... Almost all Heat fans in here being insecure. The team is not that great.

So haters are telling me they are the most stacked team in history, but now I'm being told their not even near the top 10 greatest teams? Wouldn't the most stacked team ever = greatest team ever?

btw Frazier sounding salty af