Home of the 16

Exclamation Laker News: Kobe Bryant Blasts Hypocrisy of Those Criticizing Contract Extension

Kobe Bryant Blasts Hypocrisy of Those Criticizing Contract Extension as Selfish

Kobe Bryant ✔ @kobebryant

The cap rules players have to be "selfless" on To "help" BILLIONAIRE owners R the same cap rules the owners LOCKED US out to put in #think
    Don't just learn ur sport .. Learn the sports industry #futureathletes
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ion-as-selfish

Default Re: [Laker News] Kobe Bryant Blasts Hypocrisy of Those Criticizing Contract Extension

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    Kobe Bryant Blasts Hypocrisy of Those Criticizing Contract Extension as Selfish

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ion-as-selfish

I don't really blame Kobe in this, I blame the guy who gave him the money, but it is comical that Kobe, by giving these reasons comes across even more as selfish

Default Re: [Laker News] Kobe Bryant Blasts Hypocrisy of Those Criticizing Contract Extension

Kobe clearly has missed the boat. Nobody that I know of is saying a paycut was to help out the billionaire owners. It was to build a championship team within the CONFINES OF THE SALARY CAP.

Maybe the players should have fought for no cap limit OR much higher salary cap ceiling. Then and only then does Kobe's argument make sense. When one guy's salary takes up 1/3 of the cap while he is past his prime coming off a huge injury on a rebuilding team at the age of 36, you know there is an issue.

Think, Kobe, think. Don't just learn the sports or the sports industry, but learn economics 101, logic 101 and nba salary cap 101. Then again, the former 2 are not taught in many High-schools. You have to be at college to take those courses. Sorry Kobe, I didn't expect you to understand that. You went straight from HS to multi-millionaire based off god-given athletic abilities and not brains. Sorry broski, I hate to break it to you, but 1100 on SAT doesn't count for anything once you're in college or after college. Yes, this is a low-blow, but I had to say it - truth hurts.

shhhhhhh

Here's all the tweets from Kobe last night OP left one out

"The cap rules players have to be "selfless" on To "help" BILLIONAIRE owners R the same cap rules the owners LOCKED US out to put in #think ," Bryant tweeted.

"Don't just learn ur sport . . . Learn the sports industry #futureathletes"

"Btw lakers have max cap space and then some #mitchissharp #bussfamsharp #lakers"