Local High School Star

Default I'm convinced someone told Steve Kerr what to say in the Post Game Conference

The reporter was asking him about why the warriors were blown out by so much and his response was

"I was a Lakers fan growing up and I remember they lost by 45 in game 1 and still won the series"

How the f*ck can he think of something like that so fast that was 31 years ago? Somebody told that muther****er what to say just in case they ask him about a blowout.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Default Re: I'm convinced someone told Steve Kerr what to say in the Post Game Conference

Probably.

Default Re: I'm convinced someone told Steve Kerr what to say in the Post Game Conference

Kerr is a smart dude

If you know your history that game is well known, it's not some obscure game that nobody remembers. It's called the "Memorial Day Massacre".

The guy has been around basketball his whole life. In fact, basketball is his whole life. He was a player, then a coach... How is it surprising he could have known this himself?

Not the same length of time, but a lot of us can remember significant series, or games, especially with large wins, or epic games. Not hard to believe Kerr can remember one from the most storied franchise in NBA history.