Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: The Myths of Jeremy Lin

Myth: Lin is from China.

Lin was born in Torrance, CA, in LA county.

Quote Originally Posted by Oly BC
    Why would an average player be cut then? Shouldn't all the below average players be cut first?
    Because players look and play differently under different conditions, and also can GROW their game with time.

If you actually believe Lin was tearing it up in practice and these teams cut him anways, there is no use having this argument.

Lin can ball. He's no scrub. But he gets an annoying amount of attention for a highly replaceable guard. He's not top 15 at his position

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    Because players look and play differently under different conditions, and also can GROW their game with time.

If you actually believe Lin was tearing it up in practice and these teams cut him anways, there is no use having this argument.

Lin can ball. He's no scrub. But he gets an annoying amount of attention for a highly replaceable guard. He's not top 15 at his position
    I agree with this, in a league that's full of above average point guards he is an average player who plays a position that can easily be filled. There's other guys who can put up the same production as Lin who aren't ranked high at all. Hell Jameer Nelson put up similar stats and he isn't top 15, Vasquez and Devin Harris are close to the same level as Lin as well. If Lin were 19-21 years old maybe you'd look at him as a prospect but he's 26 now isn't he?

I actually think being in LA. will up his game.

Very good NBA starter

Pretty sure during Linsanity no one was praising his defense. Infact most people were calling it his biggest weakness at the time

College superstar

Not top 15?
    Not in order...

Rondo
    Paul
    Westbrook
    Curry
    Parker
    Wall
    DWill
    Conley
    Lowry
    Lawson
    Holiday
    Teague
    Dragic (don't consider Bledsoe a PG)
    Thomas
    Irving
    Lillard

Then some question marks... MCW? Rose? Calderon?

I think 17-22 is fair for Lin.

Edit cuz I forgot Lillard.
    Last edited by kshutts1; 07-27-2014 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    I agree with this, in a league that's full of above average point guards he is an average player who plays a position that can easily be filled. There's other guys who can put up the same production as Lin who aren't ranked high at all. Hell Jameer Nelson put up similar stats and he isn't top 15, Vasquez and Devin Harris are close to the same level as Lin as well. If Lin were 19-21 years old maybe you'd look at him as a prospect but he's 26 now isn't he?
    26 isn't too old. Plus some guys are late bloomers like kyle Lowry, Billups, etc.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    Pretty sure during Linsanity no one was praising his defense. Infact most people were calling it his biggest weakness at the time

nah. they were saying going left was his weakness

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
    and the turnovers

Jeremy Lin beat you Kidbasketball20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBill

they praised his defensive and hustle in multiple games

The narrative was he helped the TEAM play better and energized them offensively and defensively

Myth: Jeremy Lin is a pass first point guard. He's a Marbury type (not personality clearly) whose assist come off creating his own offense.

Why the Lin reassurance? Be happy, he's off that bunch of douchebags in Houston who clearly didn't like him (and Morey who was resentful he got paid so much).

Quote Originally Posted by Kidbasketball20
    they praised his defensive and hustle in multiple games

The narrative was he helped the TEAM play better and energized them offensively and defensively

No, his defense was not what was being praised. The other things you said are true but no one said "wow that Lin is killing it on defense". In fact if you look back, his lack of defense (vs. Calderon, vs. Deron) was probably one of the few negatives talked about in the early run.

้้้&

Jeremy Lin beat you Kidbasketball20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    No, his defense was not what was being praised. The other things you said are true but no one said "wow that Lin is killing it on defense". In fact if you look back, his lack of defense (vs. Calderon, vs. Deron) was probably one of the few negatives talked about in the early run.

He was known and praised for his steals in games against the Lakers and Mavs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketswin2013
    An 18.4 TO% is pretty horrific for a PG. And that's not even an upgrade from last year. I mean Rondo's is that yearly but his Ast % is nearly three times more than Lins. Lin is just a turnover machine and an average at best player. Period.
    His turnover rate last season was identical to the season before. As was his turnovers per 36 minutes.

Beverley's TO rate last year was 11%, and his TOper36 was 1.4 compared to Lin's 3.1.

Oh, and he can't follow simple directions. Directions like, if you get the rebound up two points with seconds remaining on the clock dont try and dribble the ball out... We all remember that play.
    Last edited by UK2K; 07-27-2014 at 10:45 PM.