Default Let's not forget...

The Spurs won by an even bigger margin of victory in Game 1 against OKC last series. Tonight was obviously a big momentum boost for OKC, but I'm not gonna be a prisoner of the moment. This is literally like the 2nd game all season + playoffs where GS w/ Curry has actually been embarrassed (POR game in the regular season being the other).

Default Re: Let's not forget...

Let's not forget your terrible Spurs over Thunder prediction.

Westbrook is the best player in the world, deal with it bruh.

Quote Originally Posted by ScalsFan21
    The Spurs won by an even bigger margin of victory in Game 1 against OKC last series. Tonight was obviously a big momentum boost for OKC, but I'm not gonna be a prisoner of the moment. This is literally like the 2nd game all season + playoffs where GS w/ Curry has actually been embarrassed (POR game in the regular season being the other).
    Game 1's are different because one team can catch another team off guard. By game 3, every team knows each other pretty well. It's the way GS lost that should worry them. No ability to get out in transition, most of their shots being contested against set defenders and set defenses in half court sets. They looked like a level below OKC tonight.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Game 1 is DIFFERENT

Tons of teams have won Game 1 in blowout and then lost the series.

But teams normally don't lose if they get a blowout in the MIDDLE of the series.. I have no data to back this up and it would take too long to look up, but I'm sure it's true

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    Hey, big boy.

Once Dray is suspended next game, this series is finito, holmes. How's that going to feel?
    Well I'm a LeBron stan so I don't really care. He's likely getting number 3 either way, though I'd prefer him to beat the 73-win behemoth Dubs himself.

Could you imagine if Dray is suspended and OKC still loses at home while playing at their top of their game? Talk about a momentum shift heading back to Golden State for a swing G5 and getting him back. Losing Green would be a killer especially on the glass, I will admit.

Undefeated

Well I'm a LeBron stan so I don't really care. He's likely getting number 3 either way, though I'd prefer him to beat the 73-win behemoth Dubs himself.

Could you imagine if Dray is suspended and OKC still loses at home while playing at their top of their game? Talk about a momentum shift heading back to Golden State for a swing G5 and getting him back. Losing Green would be a killer especially on the glass, I will admit.
    No, I can't imagine that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    Game 1's are different because one team can catch another team off guard. By game 3, every team knows each other pretty well. It's the way GS lost that should worry them. No ability to get out in transition, most of their shots being contested against set defenders and set defenses in half court sets. They looked like a level below OKC tonight.
    I agree for the most part. They looked several levels below them tonight. It was a massive embarrassment for them, but I do think it will be a big wake-up call for them, but yeah. The fact that it went from a tie game to basically game over (32-7 run I believe) with 7 minutes at the end of the 2nd was definitely shocking.

They should not need further "motivation" and have some much difficulty even keeping a game like this close, even if it is only one game. It was bad, there's no getting around that.

Quote Originally Posted by KiiiiNG
    No, I can't imagine that happening.
    If he is suspended, it is going to be the first game of the year for this team that most people actually expect them to LOSE going in as opposed to the reverse. He is an absolutely superstar, though we certainly didn't see any of that tonight.

He's a big backbone for this team, so it definitely puts them at a disadvantage if he's out, but it's not impossible. And I believe it would be a must-win game for BOTH teams if he's not out there, or hell, even if he is.

But big picture, he shouldn't be playing G4, that was way too dirty to let slide.

Undefeated

If he is suspended, it is going to be the first game of the year for this team that most people actually expect them to LOSE going in as opposed to the reverse. He is an absolutely superstar, though we certainly didn't see any of that tonight.

He's a big backbone for this team, so it definitely puts them at a disadvantage if he's out, but it's not impossible. And I believe it would be a must-win game for BOTH teams if he's not out there, or hell, even if he is.

But big picture, he shouldn't be playing G4, that was way too dirty to let slide.
    I agree with your big picture, but we'll see what happens. Something tells me the leagues not gonna do a god damn thing.