Local High School Star

Default LeBron lied to us

Did he forget this???

LeBron wants all players to surrender 23

Saying he is willing to initiate the movement, LeBron James would like to see any NBA player who wears No. 23 to choose another number as homage to Michael Jordan.

No. 23 or No No. 23?

Are you in LeBron James' corner, that no NBA player, including himself, should wear No. 23? Vote now in our SportsNation poll

With Jordan looking on from a third-row seat Thursday night, James scored 34 points to help the Cleveland Cavaliers beat the Heat 111-104 in Miami. Afterward, the reigning MVP told TNT he plans to switch his number from 23 to 6 after this season.

"I just think what Michael Jordan has done for the game has to be recognized some way soon," said James, who has worn 23 since he was a high school sophomore. "There would be no LeBron James, no Kobe Bryant, no Dwyane Wade if there wasn't Michael Jordan first.

"He can't get the logo [Hall of Famer Jerry West's silhouette adorns the NBA's logo], and if he can't, something has to be done. I feel like no NBA player should wear 23. I'm starting a petition, and I've got to get everyone in the NBA to sign it. Now, if I'm not going to wear No. 23, then nobody else should be able to wear it."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4650907

NBA Superstar

Default Re: LeBron lied to us

just look at his track record and you won't be surprised.

Where is the uproar over Kevin Love breaking his promise to the whole of America? He pulled out of helping the USA in the world championships?

Since when did everyone take Lebron's word and promises to heart? When did all fans become so sensitive to the needs and feelings of other teams? Seriously. There were people on here complaining how Lebron didn't keep his promise to bring a championship to Cleveland. This was seriously one of the reasons people used to justify their Lebron hate. Such courteous and well wishing fans for other teams, just like it has always been... oh wait.

NBA All-star

I guess that's how we all feel about breaking our own record.

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Where is the uproar over Kevin Love breaking his promise to the whole of America? He pulled out of helping the USA in the world championships?

Since when did everyone take Lebron's word and promises to heart? When did all fans become so sensitive to the needs and feelings of other teams? Seriously. There were people on here complaining how Lebron didn't keep his promise to bring a championship to Cleveland. This was seriously one of the reasons people used to justify their Lebron hate. Such courteous and well wishing fans for other teams, just like it has always been... oh wait.
    you sound like the in-laws of the ex-girl friends

Serious playground baller CeilingFan#1's Avatar

This is surprising? When has he ever kept his word?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by CeilingFan#1
    This is surprising? When has he ever kept his word?
    Lol this. The media seems to have accepted it as well. It's just who LeBron is

Don't care.

The deception!

Local High School Star SpanishACB's Avatar

This is some next level PR shit right here that I'm sure them PR guys can't even explain without throwing up a bunch of big marketing words no one even understands.

Someone explain me what are the benefits for him going out of his way to go with this claim?

Does he want youngs stars to star wearing 6 or some shit? I genuinely don't get it.

I honestly dont give a fukc. It's obvious that he said this because he already knew he was going to Miami and he knew he couldnt wear #23 there.

Complete non-story. The man changed his mind, so what?