Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Kevin Durant is Thin!

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    damn Kevin Durant is 6ft11 easy he got Lebron by a good 3 inch there

who's da cream in dat oreo doe?
    bootycall dawg

Quote Originally Posted by ganja0710
    His body is just naturally thin, you could tell that his limbs and bicep area are way too long and frail to gain anymore bulk or muscle mass. He's strong, for a player thats really thin, just not as big and strong as a LeBron James or Carmelo Anthony.
    That's not true. He's not too "frail" to gain more mass. If he lifted more he would add on muscle. Plus, it's known that he has the diet of a 10 year old.

Reggie Miller said once that he didnt want to get bigger/stronger because he was afraid that would mess up his shooting ability and cardio.... the secret to being the best shooter you can be is repetition, shooting the ball the same all the time... muscle soreness and added weight may change the jumpshot mechanics somewhat, make your accuracy more inconsistant....

Pure shooters are perfectionists like that and thats how they got so good at shooting, they are anxious of anything that could even microscopically metamorph their shooting mechanics.
    Last edited by pauk; 01-20-2013 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryWest

Learning to shoot layups AfroSamurai's Avatar

I wouldn't bulk up if I was KD. The man is setting his own standards. You could argue he is the best offensive player ever.

7-time NBA All-Star

I don't see weight as much of a problem for Durant. He's not naturally a muscular guy at all. It's funny how good he's been with his build. It's not so much that he has a small frame, but he's also not particularly lean. You'd expect to be able to see his ribs. His arms will always look skinny because he's not a guy who can put on much muscle and they're incredible long. He's about 6'10", but his wingspan is 7'5". Really an unusual player, but with how much he improves each year and how good he is, I'd say he has nothing to worry about.

It's funny when I hear people criticizing Durant's body frame, it has nothing to do with his performance but all for looks. Like they want their favorite player to be jacked up so that they can jack themselves off while watching him.

#HEATNATION

Quote Originally Posted by LikeABosh
    That's not true. He's not too "frail" to gain more mass. If he lifted more he would add on muscle. Plus, it's known that he has the diet of a 10 year old.
    Wrong, the longer limbs and wingspan you have, the more difficult it is to put body mass in such a long/thin frame. Hes just naturally skinny. You seriously don't think the dude lifts? He's actually quite strong for such a skinny guy.

#HEATNATION