Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cavs OT lounge

Default Re: Cavs OT lounge

Haven't touched a computer in 4 days. Went back home to visit my family. It was very nice to take a break from ISH/other computer related things. I don't spend TOO much time on here, but it distracts me from other things I ought to be doing sometimes. Sometimes, it's nice to get away from technology.

NBA lottery pick

Haven't popped in here in a while, what's everyone doing for the 4th? I got roped into watching my mom's house while she's on vacation, so I'm stuck watching the dogs.

I voulunteered to watch her house while she was on vacation before I knew she was planning on leaving 4th of July weekend.

She acted like she was doing me a favor, "Oh, well I figured you wouldn't have to work over the holiday so you would be free!"

Mathius

Hung out down by the north shore here in Pittsburgh with my g/f. They had all sorts of festivies, boat races, games, etc. Watched the fireworks at 9:30. They were nice, but not nearly as good as the Red/White/Boom in Columbus (ever been to that Mathius--or anyone else?).

My family is down at the beach in Hilton Head. Would've gone, but I started a new job and can't take the time off.

This place is dead. There's like 4 people that post in here consistently. I'm gonna try to post here more, but this place is a damn near ghost town.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ 4 MVP
    This place is dead. There's like 4 people that post in here consistently. I'm gonna try to post here more, but this place is a damn near ghost town.
    Maybe because like 3/5's of the Cavs fans these days are retarded morons?

Seriously.

Do any of you guys ever type out an entire post and then just hit cancel, or the back button or something because it just isn't worth dealing with the crap by posting it?

I do it all the time.

I'll post something because I have a view on something, or the people in the thread have something completely wrong, but then I won't click Submit, because I simply just don't care enough.

Mathius

Any baseball fans here?

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981
    Any baseball fans here?
    You're leaving yourself open ;)

I don't mind the board being dead if it means people aren't going to post something just for the sake of posting something. Some really stupid topics around here lately.

Mathius

Does anyone remember the stink that Lamond Murray caused when he was pissed that they didn't sell his jersey in the team store?

Any baseball fans here?
    Reds fan for a little while now.

Does anyone remember the stink that Lamond Murray caused when he was pissed that they didn't sell his jersey in the team store?
    Yes.

NBA lottery pick

Just watching "Jumper" again. Neat movie. Poor plot, good effects, good story premise, just a very poorly done plot.

But the whole thing with the secret society hunting them? Where do these "secret societies" in movies get their funding for all this espionage, and hi-tech gadget sh*t?

Mathius

The main forum needs some new moderators. It's getting crazy in there. I find myself logging onto ish just to read the Cavs forum and the OTC. I am sick and tired of the trolls, and specifically, the threads about Kobe Bryant. Both his fans AND his haters are just completely insane. No wonder alot of the great posters don't come around as much, or in some cases, never.

The only moderator who should keep his "job" is hotsizzle. The rest are either unimpressive, or simply are never around to do the job.

Jeff just tells us to put the trolls/bad posters on ignore (which doesn't work, b/c they get quoted all the time). He also suggests to report them. Still doesn't work, because the bans are short lived.

Just had to rant. I enjoy ish and most of the posters, but the quality has gone down.
    Last edited by mlh1981; 08-20-2008 at 07:30 PM.

The main forum needs some new moderators. It's getting crazy in there. I find myself logging onto ish just to read the Cavs forum and the OTC. I am sick and tired of the trolls, and specifically, the threads about Kobe Bryant. Both his fans AND his haters are just completely insane. No wonder alot of the great posters don't come around as much, or in some cases, never.

The only moderator who should keep his "job" is hotsizzle. The rest are either unimpressive, or simply are never around to do the job.

Jeff just tells us to put the trolls/bad posters on ignore (which doesn't work, b/c they get quoted all the time). He also suggests to report them. Still doesn't work, because the bans are short lived.

Just had to rant. I enjoy ish and most of the posters, but the quality has gone down.
    Man, I agree. I haven't been here long, but the NBA Forum is annoying. It seems as if there are no mods. People constantly make off subject threads and make ridiculous threads with no substance what so ever....and what happends? Nothing...somethings needs to change with that board.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathius
    Just watching "Jumper" again. Neat movie. Poor plot, good effects, good story premise, just a very poorly done plot.

But the whole thing with the secret society hunting them? Where do these "secret societies" in movies get their funding for all this espionage, and hi-tech gadget sh*t?

Mathius
    I wondered that also when watching the movie. Since it wasn't said, I just figured that it was funded by a government that knew of the Jumper's existence. They seemed to have endless resources.

I don't know. I wish they filled in the blanks.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    I wondered that also when watching the movie. Since it wasn't said, I just figured that it was funded by a government that knew of the Jumper's existence. They seemed to have endless resources.

I don't know. I wish they filled in the blanks.
    I read the wikipedia page on it (forget what I was looking for), and they said that there was a novel written as a sequel to it, and that they planned on making 3 movies. There could be sequels, and hopefully they'll go into detail on that.

I would love to see some of those effects in a fantasy type movie. Cool stuff. Ever since LoTR and Eragon hit the theatre I've been dying to see some of my favorite authors hit the big screen with some legitimate backing.

Unfortunately I don't believe Eragon did all that well in the box office (don't know for sure but it didn't seem like it from what I remember). I KNOW Beowulf didn't do well, and Pathfinder was just horrible.

Hurts the genre.

Mathius