Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Kareem: "Why I converted to Islam"

Quote Originally Posted by gcvbcat
    I am free to eat what I want, when I want, wear what I want
    Have you even read the bible

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    Except the part about believing the right way or burning in hell forever. And you forget how restrictive the middle ages were in Europe when Christianity held full sway.
    difference is: islam is still in the middle ages, Christianity has moved on to present day

Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

Lmao Hes A Mussie?????

Hahaaha, In This Day And Age Being Religious Means Ur A Deluded Dumb **** In Utter Denial, Lmao All Respect Lost To This Stupid Geezer

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rmt
    Science is a systematic enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of TESTABLE explanations and predictions about the universe. TESTABLE - meaning not THEORY. And if science can't answer, why should you care what people believe in to get them through life?

I guess you believe that there was a big bang and everything just magically came together to form this pretty much perfect world. And that the awesome specimen that is Lebron James just evolved by RANDOM.

When one is in need, then religion is something to turn to. When one is happy, healthy - not so much. Maybe we should remember that that health and happiness can be taken away at a moment's notice.
    Hahahaha!! I'm sorry, I don't usually do that but what makes you think theories are not testable? Do you know what type of weight a theory holds in the scientific community? It means something different than how the regular peasants uses it.

Anyway, literally what you just said is an paradox in the world of science. A theory IS testable. It's a explanation of a phenomenon that is testable and falsifiable.

Quote Originally Posted by LEFT4DEAD
    So many more Christians converting to Islam than opposite. I wonder why?
    Insert OBVIOUS joke.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Dogg
    Has any christian?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    Has any christian?
    Unlikely. I grew up in a Christian household. My father was a reverend but it never clicked with me for some reason. The deeper I got into it, or attended church, the more flawed it seemed. More worrying, as you said, most Christians don't seem to have actually read the bible or know anything about it but feel free to preach about Jesus 'saving us'.

And yes, my father and I's relationship has suffered throughout the years as I've had trouble believing one far-fetched story after another in the bible.

Religion is very medieval.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Dogg
    yes I have & Jesus gave me the freedom to chose.

yes I have & Jesus gave me the freedom to chose.
    Pilate is the only respectable character in the entirety of the New Testament.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease GilZero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rmt
    Science is a systematic enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of TESTABLE explanations and predictions about the universe. TESTABLE - meaning not THEORY. And if science can't answer, why should you care what people believe in to get them through life?

I guess you believe that there was a big bang and everything just magically came together to form this pretty much perfect world. And that the awesome specimen that is Lebron James just evolved by RANDOM.

When one is in need, then religion is something to turn to. When one is happy, healthy - not so much. Maybe we should remember that that health and happiness can be taken away at a moment's notice.
    Oh my god. I was actually going to bother and write a proper answer, but when you use the term "random" it just shows that you have no understanding of evolution what so ever.

I actually do not have a problem with people having faith, keeping them happy, whatever. My problem lies with the fact that the faith that they rely on demands certain things of our society and has done so for centuries.

Have a listen will you? There are so many videos, books, podcasts that explains it perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1lTR8V90qU

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease GilZero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stanlove1111
    Extremism is the problem not religion. I have listened to Dawkins and Hitchens and its clear that while they understand Science they don't understand non extremist religion. Thinking science proves all religion wrong is ignorant and that's what they both do.
    The problem still remains - religion gives godly permission to do hideous things. Religion, as a whole, should be held accountable. With that said Im not implying that every muslim/christian etc should be held accountable for extremists, but RELIGION should be.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Nowitness
    Pilate is the only respectable character in the entirety of the New Testament.
    u can say what u like about The Bible or Jesus or the church...u can rest assured that Christians will not start bombing malls or beheading people.

Christianity os the only religion, & perhaps Judaism too, the people can openly make fun of. So knock urselves out people.

Banned

u can say what u like about The Bible or Jesus or the church...u can rest assured that Christians will not start bombing malls or beheading people.

Christianity os the only religion, & perhaps Judaism too, the people can openly make fun of. So knock urselves out people.
    Christians have always been tolerant of people making fun/criticizing their religion and of other people having other religions

You were born yesterday or something? Considering Christianity belongs to the most populated humans on earth there is & and has been even more psychos who just so happened to be Christian throughout history & to this day...... speaking of beheading & all that gruesome videos highlights they like to put up on the net, not even today does something like ISIS have anything on the Cartels of Mexico... seen that video where a Cartel member with a giant cross tattood on his back recently chainsawed 5 alive people standing next to eachother? Dont.

Those are not muslims or christians, it goes against every single foundation of those religions.... those are psychos and should be treated as such no matter how much of the religion they love to indoctrinate to feel good about the inhumanity they are doing....

There is nothing wrong with any religion, there is wrong with people / their actions..... when you have a screw loose, you have a screw loose.....