Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Challenge for CavsFTW and Laz

I really do not understand how/why you guys think you know so much about how a past player would do today just by watching highlights of their athleticism or skills. You really have no idea. And that's not a knock on you - it's just the reality of the eye test (even for professional scouts) not being that great an indicator of how good someone would be in the NBA.

I challenge either of you (or both) to go through the non consensus top 10 prospects (meaning anyone projected from 11 onwards) and pick two players that you think will become all stars in the NBA by their 4th year.

Given your incredible understanding based on limited film/footage/direct knowledge of players from a different era this should be a piece of cake and not take more than the time it takes Laz to write up one of his normal posts.

Call this a gentleman's bet. I doubt any of us will remember this, but I'll keep it bookmarked and hopefully come back to it someday in the future.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: Challenge for CavsFTW and Laz

Rent Free

Why am I getting left out? Have I not stanned Wilt enough?

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz
    I really do not understand how/why you guys think you know so much about how a past player would do today just by watching highlights of their athleticism or skills. You really have no idea. And that's not a knock on you - it's just the reality of the eye test (even for professional scouts) not being that great an indicator of how good someone would be in the NBA.

I challenge either of you (or both) to go through the non consensus top 10 prospects (meaning anyone projected from 11 onwards) and pick two players that you think will become all stars in the NBA by their 4th year.

Given your incredible understanding based on limited film/footage/direct knowledge of players from a different era this should be a piece of cake and not take more than the time it takes Laz to write up one of his normal posts.

Call this a gentleman's bet. I doubt any of us will remember this, but I'll keep it bookmarked and hopefully come back to it someday in the future.
    I love this. But they won't partake.

What?

I explain, and show how players once played NBA basketball. It's past-tense. Like it or not, it's shit that actually happened. I do so well enough that I've been noticed and am now followed by people such as Senior NBA.com writer Steve Aschburner, and players/former players Brent Barry and Dwight Howard subscribing to my YouTube channel and Twitter. I've had my stuff posted on NBA.com, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's and Elgin Baylor's facebook/twitter pages, and had clips that I've uncovered go on and be discussed on TNT over-time with Shaq/Chuck/Kenny, and the Dan Patrick show.

You're talking about crystal ball shit. Not the same thing. Don't be so ****ing retarded. If you think I'm so bad at what I do, best of luck exposing me, in the meantime gonna continue not paying you any rent.

I rule the local playground dontgetchoked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    What?

I explain, and show how players once played NBA basketball. It's past-tense. Like it or not, it's shit that actually happened. I do so well enough that I've been noticed and am now followed by people such as Senior NBA.com writer Steve Aschburner, and players/former players Brent Barry and Dwight Howard subscribing to my YouTube channel and Twitter. I've had my stuff posted on NBA.com, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's and Elgin Baylor's facebook/twitter pages, and had clips that I've uncovered go on and be discussed on TNT over-time with Shaq/Chuck/Kenny, and the Dan Patrick show.

You're talking about crystal ball shit. Not the same thing. Don't be so ****ing retarded. If you think I'm so bad at what I do, best of luck exposing me, in the meantime gonna continue not paying you any rent.
    *Toot toot*

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    Rent Free

Damn.

Rat poisoned

Quote Originally Posted by dontgetchoked
    *Toot toot*
    You're damn right. I take pride in what I do. So when someone tries to call me out for it for whatever reasons, well, if I'm doing it wrong than try and do better the way you think it should be done, there's a challenge that actually makes sense.

Post your YouTube link again good sir...

What?

so you are full of shit but popular, and without any understanding of the game, just there for the attention. Taking the skip bayless route i see

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz

laz might take it, the old man stans very hard but he knows alot about the game . He just doesn't want to accept the metagame of basketball has evolved and favors different skills today, but I guess that's ok when you get old.

cmon laz, man up and take the challenge, you got a shitload of time too.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by swagga
    so you are full of shit but popular, and without any understanding of the game, just there for the attention. Taking the skip bayless route i see
    This is news to you? Dude gets all jolly as hell when someone says they watched a wilt clip online... dude gets erect just by the thought it was his upload.

Laz is the only one with substance, he backs his mouth up with numbers, but even then we can all see he's been eating shit because numbers =/= greatness, especially when compared over different eras.

This Cavs dude just makes videos and resizes pictures off of balls, a skill he's trained his eyes very well to.
    Last edited by BigNBAfan; 03-30-2015 at 07:48 AM.

Decent playground baller

What?

Actually it's the exact same thing.

Your taking minimal footage of guys who played a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT game of basketball, and trying to compare them to guys playing current NBA basketball. Then telling us how they'd be better while ignoring how unbelievably nonathletic and different the game was then.

So if you want to toot your own horn, then put up rather than backing away. You should easily be able to tell us 4 players that will be good NBA players that don't have a ton of hype already.. After all, you can pick out all these 60's scrubs that are better than NBA players currently

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by swagga
    laz might take it, the old man stans very hard but he knows alot about the game . He just doesn't want to accept the metagame of basketball has evolved and favors different skills today, but I guess that's ok when you get old.

cmon laz, man up and take the challenge, you got a shitload of time too.
    Except he's incredibly hard headed.

Guy is either stanning Wilt or hating on Lavine. How Zach Lavine is relevant enough to have haters is beyond me... But he has one. At the age of 19 (20 as of earlier this month) and extremely raw.

Damn dude, the premise of the thread was actually pretty interesting... but then you went and posted on like three of your alts to agree with yourself because no one else would.

The rent, sadly, really is free.