Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Tony Allen on Kobe: "He

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Absolutely...... i think Kobe is also not only the closest to MJ in this era but closest to him than any player ever was, but dont misinterpret what that means..... its not that Kobe was the closest to be as great as Jordan, its that Kobe was the closest to be that type of mold/breed of a player.... visually, the shots/footwork/scoring gamestyle etc. they are identical in how they played and Kobe himself never shied away from saying he patterned his game after him.... this doesnt he was the closest to MJ, there has been more talented or more accomplished players afterall....... and for this era or after MJ retired (98' was the real retirement imo) i think Shaq & Lebron were much closer to be reaching that type of MJ domination/peak/impact etc. than Kobe was....
    Lol I don't think you've ever made a post without putting 'LeBron' in there.

To OP: Tony Allen is correct. Kobe is the closest thing we've ever seen to MJ and there shouldn't be an argument over that.

Well respect to Kobe, he is the closest thing... But it's not really close

Some of the things Kobe says make sense, some doesn't. Shit on your face and Apple analogies doesn't work

Banned

It's crazy. I remember his rookie season. I was 14 and I was infuriated at the guy throwing up airball after airball. And now he's the greatest player since MJ

He isn't the greatest player since MJ. Just the ones hat most modeled his game after MJ. Duncan, Shaq, & LeBron are the greatest since MJ.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by miles berg
    He isn't the greatest player since MJ. Just the ones hat most modeled his game after MJ. Duncan, Shaq, & LeBron are the greatest since MJ.
    Which is again your OPINION. Let's not try to talk about GOAT rankings like they're not subjective. An argument can easily be made for Kobe being a greater basketball player than both Shaq and Duncan. It all comes down to personal preferance.

Quote Originally Posted by AnaheimLakers24
    hey allnet, close thread. the jackass has arrived

sorry hoopcity
    How the fck you gained green bar, we need negs back asap

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkreth
    How the fck you gained green bar, we need negs back asap
    people like my opinions

Dude is not on Jordan's level at all

He piggy backed the fck out of jordan, as far as mimicking Jordan's on court gestures, besides every basketball move jordan coined. That screams insecurity to me.

He didn't create anything, he emulated and became the nba's new spotlight simply because jordan aged and was done. There was a spot that needed to be filled quickly since if there was no Kobe, the nba would of had a huge drop off in terms of excitement that a jordan caliber player/mindset brought to the game.

I like Kobe's footwork. Besides that, dude is a professional copy cat and low key psycho with an obsession for another man. Right place at the right time. Enter: Kobe Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by Kaspah

He piggy backed the fck out of jordan, as far as mimicking Jordan's on court gestures, besides every basketball move jordan coined. That screams insecurity to me.

He didn't create anything, he emulated and became the nba's new spotlight simply because jordan aged and was done. There was a spot that needed to be filled quickly since if there was no Kobe, the nba would of had a huge drop off in terms of excitement that a jordan caliber player/mindset brought to the game.

I like Kobe's footwork. Besides that, dude is a professional copy cat and low key psycho with an obsession for another man. Right place at the right time. Enter: Kobe Bryant
    this post is more insecure than cobes career

you are right. Every basketball player in history besides the first person to ever dribble a basketball is sh1t and should be burned on a stake because they did not create it, but simply emulated dribbling.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Why are you so narrow minded?

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Lebron
    Lebron

Greatest Of All Time Baller1986's Avatar

people like my opinions

What Opinions?? You are a $hitty poster brah.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

hey allnet, close thread. the jackass has arrived

sorry hoopcity
    Say what you want about pauk, but he is correct in that post.

How dare he!!??

how dare he say KB824 is this generations " MJ "( I.E.the best offensive player/one of the top perimeter players/Champion/aesthetically pleasing/popular player of the 00's)

- does he not know Kobe only shoots 45%Fg and 52ts%....thats a whole .4% and 1.2% below MJ!!!...not too mention "Per"

- Allen needs to stop playing pro ball and start going online more.