Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: How old were you when you first dunked?

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    I agree it makes a big difference, but I've learned to embrace my inability to palm a rock over the years. I like it because it forces my dunks to be a little more powerful because it takes an unified arm motion for me to slam as opposed to placing it on a palmed pedestal and dunking with a slight wrist motion.

In-game, my dunks come off one foot 90-95% of the time. When just fooling around outside of games, I think I've most enjoyed dunking off two lately. I just don't get a lot of opportunities in games where leaping off two makes a ton of sense for me. It's a lot easier for me to sprint at full speed and rise in one motion, as opposed to randomly trying to set both feet.
    It usually seems to be one or the other for most people. I could dunk both ways, but I prefer two feet BY far. I had a friend...white guy about 6'5" who would dunk on ANYONE off one foot. I mean he got UP there. Ask him to try and dunk a ball jumping off two feet and he couldn't do it. Didn't seem to know how to plant his feet.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    If you're 6'3 and your weight is still low like a 14 year old, it would be pretty easy to dunk actually.
    Completely true, I wasn't even very athletic, I could find plenty of people around my age at that time who's just as tall as I was who can dunk. I dunked at my best around 17-20, before I busted my knee.

It should also be mentioned that we play with WNBA balls in Sweden at age 13 so I dunked my first time with a smaller ball.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe
    It usually seems to be one or the other for most people. I could dunk both ways, but I prefer two feet BY far. I had a friend...white guy about 6'5" who would dunk on ANYONE off one foot. I mean he got UP there. Ask him to try and dunk a ball jumping off two feet and he couldn't do it. Didn't seem to know how to plant his feet.
    I actually started off a one-foot dunker and moved to two-feet partway through high school. I went so far the other way that I actually lost the ability to dunk off one foot. So, being only a two-foot guy, there was a little while there where any time I'd come across a dunking opportunity, I'd be chased down while trying to set my feet or I'd slip by setting too fast or I'd just flat out rush everything.

Post high school, I forced myself back into one-foot dunking. It's been pretty solid and easy ever since. I made sure to retain my two-foot ability this time around though, so now I sort of have the best of both worlds.

I was 17 years old the first time I dunked and I was 5'7 at the time. I could only dunk off one foot though. It seemed like I could jump higher off two feet, but for some reason I couldn't dunk that way.

Very good NBA starter

freshman year high school. 6'1" at the time. about 145lbs. no typo.

Quote Originally Posted by taucesays
    13 years old...8th grader in middle school. Was probably 5'2", 130lbs soaking wet at the time. Used to think about dunking since I started playing basketball. One day, before a game, we were doing layup drills and, for some reason, I felt "different". Decided to go for it and did a basic 360-dunk off two feet. No Sprite commercial.

At my utmost peak, at about 7'5", I probably had a vert of 44 inches and could reach a height of 13' 11" (had one of those vert measuring things at a Curves I go to). Had some nice posters in my day. These days, I can barely find my balls, but definitely some fond memories.

could smack the backboard when I was 22. 6'0, Black.

I'm 6'3'' and i can the touch the rim
    but i'm terribly out of shape

College superstar

I could never dunk, but it's cool cuz three pointers are worth more and I'm money on those.

I'm around 5'11", never got around dunking. But my hand reaches 3 inches above the rim.. a few more and I could be dunking.. but never got around it.

i have a talent though.. I don't need to take one step, I can jump and reach my maximum vert e.g. I can stand under the rim, bend, jump and touch 3 inches above the rim.

I suspect that came from volleyball, as I played competitively in volleyball as well

I don't respect any dude who is under 6'0. You're not a man.
    [COLOR="White"]
    This should be good. Lol.[/COLOR]

Dunking on everybody in the park

5"10 and 34, still trying......I think I have a window until 36, then it's never going to happen.

I rule the local playground

A little under 5'11 and the best I could do was get an entire hand over the rim. That was around my senior year in high school. I've lost hops since then so my dream to dunk is pretty much over unless you count fisher price baskets.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    I don't respect any dude who is under 6'0. You're not a man.
    [COLOR="White"]
    This should be good. Lol.[/COLOR]
    shiiit. should I cut my diick off now

If I had a dirtier mind, I could take the question a whole different way.