Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Default Under appreciated Cavaliers

Give credit where it's due:

CHRIS GRANT --> Sure, dump on him for Bennett, but the 2011 draft was a masterpiece for him. Kyrie and Tristan. Both were amazing in these finals. I don't think J-Val, Derrick Williams, and Kemba would have been that impactful. He cleared the way for the cavs to land Lebron.

DAN GILBERT --> I saw a disgusting thread on reddit slamming Gilbert like he's some sort evil assh*le. What did he do other than spend with reckless abandon on the salary cap, facilities, medical personnel, flights and lodging for hundreds of cavs employees just so they can watch finals games in the bay, giving each member of the team his personnel cell phone number, etc, this guy is a phenomenal owner. People act like he personally vetoed the CP3 to LA trade. Can we stop with that utterly moronic narrative?

GILBERT was the reason the cavs got Kyrie. Kyrie was the Clippers' pick, not the Cavs. His willingness to spend allowed for that to happen.

DAVID GRIFFIN --> Balls upon Balls. Made such a move to bring in Mozgov, JR, and Iman. Made an even bigger move to fire coach Blatt midway through the season. I criticized both moves and boy was I wrong. What he did with this team is nothing short of remarkable. People forget he was a part of Grant's administration and decision making. This vindicates everything. The Wiggins trade, the firing, etc, ALL WORTH IT.

TRISTAN THOMPSON --> Are we all done with the "TT can't play defense" NONSENSE that has circulated around? Has the myth been officially busted? This dude CAME TO WORK.

Default Re: Under appreciated Cavaliers

Kyrie.

Very good NBA starter

Definitely made the right moves over the years, give or take. Shout out the journey man and veteran dahntay jones who played limited minutes but gave it his all when he did. Feel like every good team needs vets with experience

NBA Finals

I now appreciate Kevin Love

I'm happy for all of the Cavaliers, especially James, Irving, Smith, and Shumpert.