Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star sirkeelma's Avatar

Default The Truth: 'I still can't stand' LeBron James, other young NBA stars

In a way, Paul Pierce was part of the move that sparked the current era of NBA "super teams," starting with the formation of the Boston Celtics' new "Big Three" in 2007.

But Pierce, entering his second season since departing Boston, still sees a distinction between him and the league's new guard.

"This is a different era," Pierce, now with the Washington Wizards, told ESPN Radio's "Mike & Mike" show, cited here in The Washington Post's DC Sports Bog. "Guys are playing a lot more together in the summer. You see more friendships in the league. It's not like in the '80s when you had enemies, or you couldn't stand this guy, and there were fights all the time.

"These guys, they all get along. It's a new generation. They all want to play with each other. They all want to win. They're in USA Basketball all summer, they play in the summer leagues all summer, so they get to know one another and they try to join one another and try to win a championship. It's a new era that we're seeing and this is the way it's going to be, guys, we've just got to accept it."

Well, maybe not completely accept it.

When co-host Cris Carter referenced Pierce's interactions with LeBron James -- "I've seen you say some things to LeBron" -- Pierce didn't hold back.

"I still can't stand none of these guys," Pierce added, referring to James' generation. "I want to beat all of them."
    LOOK WHO'S BACK IN CLEVELAND

On the court, the combination of three singular talents in Pierce, Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen might not be all that different from the combination of James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh on the Miami Heat or James, Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving on the Cleveland Cavaliers. The difference is in how the players came together; the way in which the Celtics' title team was built is perceived as organic, whereas the Miami squad and Cleveland's powerhouse-in-the-making are perceived as being primarily James' workings.

Either way, it's a treat that someone like Pierce still exists in the NBA. As the league's stars become more chummy, the game needs a few last stars who have true contempt -- if begrudging respect -- for their opponents.
    http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/p...om%3Afoxsports

Paul Pierce, referring to LeBron James' generation: 'I want to beat all of them.'

National High School Star funnystuff's Avatar

Default Re: The Truth: 'I still can't stand' LeBron James, other young NBA stars

Dude isn't even top 20 currently.

National High School Star KDthunderup's Avatar

Default Re: The Truth: 'I still can't stand' LeBron James, other young NBA stars

Pierce pretty much calling out Lebron for manufacturing stacked teams instead of organically growing them like all the greats did.

Quote Originally Posted by KDthunderup
    Pierce pretty much calling out Lebron for manufacturing stacked teams instead of organically growing them like all the greats did.
    Pierce would never do that. Stayed true to himself.

I wouldn't stand LeBron James either if he created a super team that destroyed the hopes and dreams of me ever making it to the Finals again.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarHill
    Pierce would never do that. Stayed true to himself.
    Yep, Pierce respects the challenge in crafting your legacy instead of manufacturing it.

Celtics never traded for Allen and Garnett(in the same season no less). They were drafted and manufactured in Boston.

Old generation folks got it made.

Banned

Pierce is the one who should be hated

Helped orchestrate this whole collusion era

2008 Celtics were the architects

Ever since then, every contender has been a superteam

OKC, Clippers, Spurs, 2013 Lakers, Houston

Pierce made the league what it is today

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    Pierce is the one who should be hated

Helped orchestrate this whole collusion era

2008 Celtics were the architects

Ever since then, every contender has been a superteam

OKC, Clippers, Spurs, 2013 Lakers, Houston

Pierce made the league what it is today
    Most of those teams were made great by the front office, there wasn't any talking of collusion going on behind the scenes with players conspiring it all together.

game 6 2012

Quote Originally Posted by KDthunderup
    Most of those teams were made great by the front office, there wasn't any talking of collusion going on behind the scenes with players conspiring it all together.
    so when the front office is able to sign big free agents they did great, but when players recruit other players to join they are colluding. dat logic

When the Celtics got together everyone was in their tenth plus season, past their prime. They didn't get together in 2001 it was the summer of 2007. P- Dub his 10th season, Jesus 12th and KG 13th. This was like Hakeem, Clyde and Charles except the Celtics won.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eriX
    so when the front office is able to sign big free agents they did great, but when players recruit other players to join they are colluding. dat logic
    You honestly don't see the difference?

I usually hit open layups

Pierce should be the last person to point finger at Lebron, since he has his own band of super friend. Hell, he should give his FMVP to Garnett and Ray Allen.

Im sorry Paul but:

1. You are not from the 80s, if you were, nobody would have given a crap about you. You would have meant even less than today considering players like you crawled allover the league & you certainly wouldnt have won a championship. Lebron however.........

2. In this generation it was YOU who started with the teaming up crap, it was you who caused everything that followed, everything....... Lebron & other guys were all for parity, that shit you pulled with Garnett/Allen/Rondo is what caused him and other players to go beat you with your own medicine......

3. Its you who is the douchebag in this story, i know you are looking for attention right now in your dying days as a sour player, but please, just do us a favor and try retire silently.