Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Would the Cavs and Houston pull a Dwight Howard - Kevin Love trade?

Quote Originally Posted by Mass Debator
    lawson+terry for love+scrub

cavs need terry for more alphaness

anyway, Harden and Love anchoring dat D... lol

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bankaii
    Have you ever made an intelligent post?

Seriously every single one is incorrect bullshit.
    is he not right, though? Dwight is not effective outside of the paint. so if lebron is cool with a big ol body clogging up the paint on offense, they sure, pull the trigger. but i think we all remember how effective lebrons midrange game is.

but i guess it sort of works for harden. so, eh.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopSuperstar
    Because Dwight might just leave the team after this season.
    As if Kevin Love wouldn't leave them and he brings like nothing to the team anyways when DMo gets healthy.

Banned

Lebron made the NBA Finals w/ Thompson and Mozgov clogging the paint, so to think James couldn't play in that situation with Howard is absolute ludicrous.

You take out Love and bring in Howard would mean Lebron could finally play extended minutes at PF the way he did in his peak years with the Miami Heat. Then Cleveland has the option of starting Shumpert and have him as their Battier-type role player or even bringing in a combo forward who can shoot the 3 and play D.

You put Lebron at 6'8" and Dwight at 6'11" in the pick and roll with three shooters camping on the perimeter and you have yourself a simple, but beastly offensive lineup. Then you look at the other end of the floor, Cleveland would instantly get better at protecting the rim and defending the pick and roll. They already have a Top 10 defense, but with the addition of Dwight and subtraction of Love they can probably move into the ranking Top 3 defenses in the league.

Cleveland would do that deal in a second, the Rockets however don't see Love fixing the apparent issues our team already has. In fact, it gives us another issue in terms of crowding our PF rotation and having no elite rim protector in a division full of elite bigs.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Have you ever made an intelligent post?

Seriously every single one is incorrect bullshit.
    What did I say that wasn't true?

Ive seen you yourself bring up the value of spacing at times when it fits your arguments, but now all of a sudden me saying Lebron and Dwight not being able to play together in the post is bullshit?

Let me tell you how it would work, LBJ would have to relinquish all ball handling duties to Kyrie, let Dwight be the big man he is and he'd have to actually start playing the Small Forward position, which means more of an off ball role.

Can he do it? Better yet, WILL he do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
    Lebron made the NBA Finals w/ Thompson and Mozgov clogging the paint, so to think James couldn't play in that situation with Howard is absolute ludicrous.

You take out Love and bring in Howard would mean Lebron could finally play extended minutes at PF the way he did in his peak years with the Miami Heat. Then Cleveland has the option of starting Shumpert and have him as their Battier-type role player or even bringing in a combo forward who can shoot the 3 and play D.

You put Lebron at 6'8" and Dwight at 6'11" in the pick and roll with three shooters camping on the perimeter and you have yourself a simple, but beastly offensive lineup. Then you look at the other end of the floor, Cleveland would instantly get better at protecting the rim and defending the pick and roll. They already have a Top 10 defense, but with the addition of Dwight and subtraction of Love they can probably move into the ranking Top 3 defenses in the league.

Cleveland would do that deal in a second, the Rockets however don't see Love fixing the apparent issues our team already has. In fact, it gives us another issue in terms of crowding our PF rotation and having no elite rim protector in a division full of elite bigs.
    You do realize the only reason that works is because Bosh had to play out of position right? Which is essentially what they're trying to do with Love.

So now you want them to add a post heavy big down low instead of the stretch 4 that Lebron is used to winning with? You guys talk a lot of shit when it comes to stats and advanced metrics but don't seem to pay much attention to the mechanics of the game on the court.

I'll make it simpler so you can understand.

Lebron plays power forward at times because the actual power forward on the floor is able to stretch the floor to the 3pt line if need be. You trade Love, now you're asking Tristian Thompson to make 15 footers , maybe further away than that.

Ya'll know better though.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkreth
    As if Kevin Love wouldn't leave them and he brings like nothing to the team anyways when DMo gets healthy.
    Dwight contract gives him an option to leave. Does Love has the same option?

Banned

You're still in the realm of the Lebron-Heat build, that team is more than just Chris Bosh playing the 5. Miami had an All-Time great supporting cast that played a bigger part in the Heat winning games than Bosh did spotting up in the corner. Dwight would give what every great passer would love, a great screen and roll player who can go high for lobs and finish through contact.

Chris Bosh had multiple playoff games where he was invisible on offense, but contributed (at times) on defense. Dwight continually tries to initiate offense mostly but setting on-ball screens or just going down low and calling for the ball. Kevin Love on the other hand does nothing but catch and shoot with the Cavaliers.

Thompson doesn't need to stretch the floor. Like I said before, which you completely ignored, Lebron made the NBA Finals and won two games with Thompson and Mozgov starting together.

High School Varsity 6th Man BigMacAttack's Avatar

Morey isn't going to trade Howard for Love.

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    What did I say that wasn't true?

Ive seen you yourself bring up the value of spacing at times when it fits your arguments, but now all of a sudden me saying Lebron and Dwight not being able to play together in the post is bullshit?

Let me tell you how it would work, LBJ would have to relinquish all ball handling duties to Kyrie, let Dwight be the big man he is and he'd have to actually start playing the Small Forward position, which means more of an off ball role.

Can he do it? Better yet, WILL he do it?
    The first dumb thing you said was that Dwight's rebounding would take a hit. Both Love and TT have been flourishing on both the offensive and defensive boards, all while Lebron is getting his usual 7.

The second dumb thing you said was that Dwight wouldn't be a post player and relegated to a shooter because of "Lebron ball". Lebron played with Shaq. Shaq had a very efficient year and had the highest percentage of 0-3 ft shots of his ENTIRE career. If Lebron can allow old, fat, slow Shaq to remain an efficient post player in the paint all while Lebron was putting up the best numbers in the league then I'm pretty sure Dwight would work out just fine.

Fallen Angel summed it up pretty nicely as well.

The first dumb thing you said was that Dwight's rebounding would take a hit. Both Love and TT have been flourishing on both the offensive and defensive boards, all while Lebron is getting his usual 7.

The second dumb thing you said was that Dwight wouldn't be a post player and relegated to a shooter because of "Lebron ball". Lebron played with Shaq. Shaq had a very efficient year and had the highest percentage of 0-3 ft shots of his ENTIRE career. If Lebron can allow old, fat, slow Shaq to remain an efficient post player in the paint all while Lebron was putting up the best numbers in the league then I'm pretty sure Dwight would work out just fine.

Fallen Angel summed it up pretty nicely as well.
    Cavs Shaq wasn't still trying to get at least 20 and 10 which I'm sure after his crazy game vs Clippers , Dwight still feels like he's more capable of doing, more than just a role player, which no matter how you look at it is what you guys want him to be. Might as well keep Mozgod and Love.

Who are content getting at max 10-15 pts a game, Dwight hates his role in Houston right now from all indication, so maybe it can work if he's down to take an even bigger back seat.

Also the rebounding thing was just a subtle jab, but the playing from the post thing is real. Only so much space down there.

Banned

Dwight is averaging a bit more touches than Love, but is scoring less per possession. He gets the bulk of his points from lobs and putbacks from offensive rebounds.

Put Howard on a true contender and he'll be more than happy to reduce his low post touches if it means his team will be in better shape on offense.

Either way, Love and Dwight are already getting a similar number of touches on the block. Dwight hates his role on the Rockets because the team isn't winning games, he had no problem with a reduced role last season and last postseason when the Rockets were good.

Decent college freshman

I think Houston would do this, but I don't see why Cleveland would. Cleveland would need Ariza, picks, and young talent in addition to Dwight.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    I think Houston would do this, but I don't see why Cleveland would. Cleveland would need Ariza, picks, and young talent in addition to Dwight.
    No to everything in this post.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
    No to everything in this post.
    That's why this deal wouldn't work for either side.

You think you can get Love for just Dwight? I highly doubt that. That clearly favors the Rockets, especially with Dwight hitting UFA this summer once again if he opts out (Love is signed through the end of the 2019-2020 season or something).