Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    National High School Star Jlamb47's Avatar

Default Re: What is happening with Harrison Barnes?

I think he lost his feel for the game after igudola came cuz his playoff run was impressive. I think he just needs to find a new team IMO. Its harder to get a rythm when coming off the bench,

College star

Waiting for Dion Waiters to be mentioned here

I'm almost certain it has to do with the insertion of Iggy. He's a better defender and facilitator, which means he takes a whole lot of Barnes minutes in the clutch.

I think we can all agree that consistent minutes are critical to a young player's development.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Is it fair to day austin rivers > barnes now?

Barnes was never that good.

Tall athletic wing player who lacked handles to create his own shot even at the college level. Scout saw through this and his stock tanked after his rookie year.

People should be using Barnes as a possible trajectory to Wiggins. Hyper athletic players with loose handles and mere average basketball skills do not always develop into superstars.

I think Barnes is salvageable as a prospect. He has always been a solid shooter. Perhaps if he buys into the role player concept, he he extend his career shooting off the bench,

he cant get a rhythem coming off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake
    Barnes was never that good.

Tall athletic wing player who lacked handles to create his own shot even at the college level. Scout saw through this and his stock tanked after his rookie year.

People should be using Barnes as a possible trajectory to Wiggins. Hyper athletic players with loose handles and mere average basketball skills do not always develop into superstars.

I think Barnes is salvageable as a prospect. He has always been a solid shooter. Perhaps if he buys into the role player concept, he he extend his career shooting off the bench,

Good post. I definitely overrated Barnes by quite a bit, I'll admit it. Is that what you were looking to hear RBA?

I still think he could be that "one step below an allstar" level, playing for the right coach in the right system. He's not what we thought he was though.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Good post. I definitely overrated Barnes by quite a bit, I'll admit it. Is that what you were looking to hear RBA?

I still think he could be that "one step below an allstar" level, playing for the right coach in the right system. He's not what we thought he was though.
    Like I said, I always felt Barnes' ceiling was incredibly limited and I was outspoken in the lead up to that 2012 draft that I didn't think he should have even been considered in the Top 5.

However, that's not why I made this thread. I thought he was fine where GSW picked him and I thought what we saw last year was what he was going to be.... good, serviceable starter with a relatively high floor and low ceiling.

I'm as stunned as you are by what has happened to him over the last 50 games. I was just looking for feedback by people who actually have watched him. And whether he still has a future there.

Quite honestly, depending on the price, I wouldn't mind him landing in Cleveland. He could be a good fit next to Dion and Kyrie, assuming he gets his jumper back.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

always knew he was gonna be a low ceiling scrub, could tell from the tournament his year in college. people always dismiss tournament performance as predictor for NBA success but with some guys its very easy to tell. he basically had no impact on his team the entire stretch

still better than an... ok ok dont cry

Serious playground baller

so is Barnes still better than MKG? Put MKG to the dubs and they would not pursue AI, money could be used elsewhere.

Kobe= 1st round loser secund2nun's Avatar

He was never good. He was hyped up because he was a wing player. That's the only reason why. It's ridiculous.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

I would take him in Sacramento. I think he is just a situation player, put him on a team with generous minutes, and I think he could be good.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Like I said, I always felt Barnes' ceiling was incredibly limited and I was outspoken in the lead up to that 2012 draft that I didn't think he should have even been considered in the Top 5.

However, that's not why I made this thread. I thought he was fine where GSW picked him and I thought what we saw last year was what he was going to be.... good, serviceable starter with a relatively high floor and low ceiling.

I'm as stunned as you are by what has happened to him over the last 50 games. I was just looking for feedback by people who actually have watched him. And whether he still has a future there.

Quite honestly, depending on the price, I wouldn't mind him landing in Cleveland. He could be a good fit next to Dion and Kyrie, assuming he gets his jumper back.
    His shooting percentages from this year is very similar to last year with the exception of shot at the rim. This is the key to his massive drop in production.

Last season, he shot at the rim 30% of the time and had a 69% conversion rate.

This season, he shot at the rim 22% of the time and has a 58% conversion rate.

Massive drop both in attempts and percentages.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

he used to be the starting SF for them.. outside of durant george and lebron you cant simply but him over Iggy.. if you think that doesnt impact his game and confidence then its unfair to judge him. Put him to a team like the bulls or clippers he would give you numbers.. hell even xavier henry put on numbers given an adequate playing time.

he was great for GSW last year in the playoffs..not sure what happened after that