Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Jeremy Lin beat you Kidbasketball20's Avatar

Default Mavs will be in round 2 of the playoffs this season with Jeremy Lin

Great pickup Cuban.

Default Re: Mavs will be in round 2 of the playoffs this season with Jeremy Lin

Quote Originally Posted by Kidbasketball20
    Great pickup Cuban.

as long as they dominate rockets, then i am happy.

Has this even happened yet?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bobopenguin
    Yeah... no.

Mavericks cannot possibly assemble a roster that could beat Houston, they couldn't even beat us with our starting PG and PF out with injuries.

High School Starter

mavs aren't in houstons league.

High School Starter

replyin to ya self?

Quote Originally Posted by Kidbasketball20
    Great pickup Cuban.

Meanwhile Mavericks target Jason Terry for the minimum.

Banned

What is up with the Rockets and Mavericks trading players?

High School Starter

[QUOTE=StephHamann]

Meanwhile Mavericks target Jason Terry for the minimum.

Banned

Jason Terry
    Jeremy Lin (possibly)
    Chandler Parsons
    Corey Brewer
    Greg Smith

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
    Jason Terry
    Jeremy Lin (possibly)
    Chandler Parsons
    Corey Brewer
    Greg Smith
    Parsons getting 16 million . Good looking role player. Lin=scrub, Smith=scrub and brewer is a role player. nothing to see here

Mavs lost: Tyson Chandler, Monta Ellis, Rajon Rondo, and Al-Farouq Aminu
    They added: DeAndre Jordan, and Wesley Mattews (possibly Lin too)

DeAndre had his best seasons in the NBA with Chris Paul as his point guard. Paul, obviously, is at the top of the league in terms of passing ability. He made DeAndre a better player by creating easy, wide-open dunks or layups for him. Now in Dallas, DeAndre's point guard will be Devin Harris and maybe Jeremy Lin. Both guys are nowhere near the passer that Chris Paul is. Yeah they can drive to the rack and just throw the ball up so DJ can catch it and throw it down for some easy buckets, but will they be able to do it on a consistent basis night-in and night-out? Probably. I mean, its not that hard to get to the rack and just throw the ball up. Turnovers might become an issue though, especially with Lin.

DeAndre might average more than what he did last season, but expect his FG% to be a little lower. I do see him averaging a double-double. Maybe like 13ppg and 14 rpg on 65%. If you look at it this way, the Mavs are essentially getting a betting rebounding, more athletic version of Tyson Chandler. Not to mention, DJ is not the post defender that Tyson is. Some people are overreacting thinking the Mavs just got 5x better at the center spot.

Now the biggest question for the Mavs is what version of Wes Matthews will the team get? If somehow he works his butt off and comes back to play like the Wes from last season, the Mavs won't be missing Monta. Wes brings good defense, and he can also step out and shoot the three pretty well. He's not the scorer that Monta was, but let's be honest... sometimes Monta got too outta hand and chucked his way to 30 points. Wes isn't like that.

Mavs also lost Rondo and Aminu. Forget Rondo, because he was a negative impact. Dude didn't do shit in Dallas. Aminu didn't play as much in the regular season compared to the playoffs. He looked like a different player vs Houston. Mavs might miss him a little bit, but at the end of the day I don't think it'll affect them that much.

Short summary: Houston is still better than Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    Mavs lost: Tyson Chandler, Monta Ellis, Rajon Rondo, and Al-Farouq Aminu
    They added: DeAndre Jordan, and Wesley Mattews (possibly Lin too)

DeAndre had his best seasons in the NBA with Chris Paul as his point guard. Paul, obviously, is at the top of the league in terms of passing ability. He made DeAndre a better player by creating easy, wide-open dunks or layups for him. Now in Dallas, DeAndre's point guard will be Devin Harris and maybe Jeremy Lin. Both guys are nowhere near the passer that Chris Paul is. Yeah they can drive to the rack and just throw the ball up so DJ can catch it and throw it down for some easy buckets, but will they be able to do it on a consistent basis night-in and night-out? Probably. I mean, its not that hard to get to the rack and just throw the ball up. Turnovers might become an issue though, especially with Lin.

Short summary: Houston is still better than Dallas.
    The Mavs were the nr.1 team in dunks before the Rondo trade, go look it up.

With Dirk spreading the floor, the lane is wide open for the centers, meanwhile on the Clippers the defense was leaving Griffin wide open, because he is still a below average shooter. DeAndre should get even more dunks than in Los Angeles.

Short summary: Houston is still better. Yes that's true, Mavs need another offseason to compete.

Ideal situation would be getting a superstar PF, so Dirk can play as 6th man. I think you can win without a dominant point guard, the Spurs 14 (Parker was benched for Mills) the Heat the 2011 Mavs and the Lakers all had mediocre point guards and won the title.

It's more than likely not happening. Mavs have nothing to send Lakers for S&T, and Lin is about the money. If my Knicks (who suck) offered $2M and the Mavs (fake contender that they are) offer $1M, he's a Knick without a doubt.

Got to get that paper, that paper, that paper...

Chinese papers are saying he might go play overseas.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

jeremy lin is a scrub but he sells tickets