Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: BREAKING: David Lee traded to the Boston Celtics for Gerald Wallace

did wallace even play last season? I wonder if they will package him in another deal or just eat the contract for a season.

Contenders [COLOR="White"]for a playoff spot[/COLOR]

Trading Lee for Wallace actually saves the Warriors about $20 million given all the luxury tax. That's not insignificant. Even more savings if they use the stretch provision on Wallace.

I like the move for the C's, but I need to see more.

rank sentamentalist

Quote Originally Posted by Mirror
    Cool, another FMVP candidate against LeBron.

Banned

OH SHIT!

I don't even know how to feel about this. I'm just happy we made a pretty big trade.

Who am I kidding? This is a f*cking amazing trade. We gave up a big expiring contract in an absolutely useless player for an even BIGGER expiring contract for a solid 18 and 10 guy when healthy. There's literally nothing to lose, even if he doesn't play one minute for the Cs.

Ainge with that trade magic once again. How great is our gawd?

Great trade.

Power forwards - Johnson, Sullinger, Lee, Olynyk, Jerebko
    smurfs - Thomas, Smart, Bradley, Rozier

There will likely be another shoe to drop.

Thanks David Lee for being our first all star in decades Also being a leader in the upstart of the warriors

Banned

Love the trade, I'm also happy to get rid of Wallace, never liked him on the C's, was the one negative piece that came back on the PP/KG deal.

Like this move though, one year left on Lee's deal, if it doesn't work out theres not much risk involved, he can just walk in free agency.

Lets see how we do this year.

I am your soldier!

Cool, more power forwards.

Ainge, don't forget the combo guards!

Reflecting all afternoon and evening about the moves made since the draft...and how this offense played last year...

Does Danny think he's going to get away with a Warriors-style game just because it won GS a title?

Going small and shooting a lot from the outside with a bevy of guards and forwards who are all shorter than 6' 9"? Some strong perimeter defenders with mostly undersized guys protecting the rim in big minutes? Does he know our guys aren't remotely the same caliber shooters as Curry, Thompson, etc. to make that work?

I know the East is bad, but its not so bad that this would work is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Braincells
    Wallace was such a beast in his prime. I wonder how much he has left in the tank for GS. Probably none.
    He's had none. There's a reason he got no time on a 7th seed playoff team.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirror
    Cool, another FMVP candidate against LeBron.

right