Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Random white boy from the 50's dunking in HS layup line:

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    So the point of the thread is that you think it is "interesting" that a human was "capable" of dunking a ball through a 10' foot hoop ~50 years ago?

That's about the least interesting topic I've ever read.

You must not read much on here. If it weren't for posters like cavsftw, there would be a 95% Lebron/Kobe trolling content. And all of them have an agenda.

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk

You must not read much on here. If it weren't for posters like cavsftw, there would be a 95% Lebron/Kobe trolling content. And all of them have an agenda.
    So his solution is to troll differently? That worked out well

Quote Originally Posted by SyRyanYang
    I'm sorry, where is that?
    Are you serious dude?

http://www.youtube.com/user/dantheman9758

CavsFTW is one of the most valuable contributors on this board. He's obviously having fun with this thread, but he's done some great things for the community.

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Lots of High Schools back in those days use to play on lowered rims to make the game easier for their "unathletic" players

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    Are you serious dude?

CavsFTW is one of the most valuable contributors on this board. He's obviously having fun with this thread, but he's done some great things for the community.
    Of course I'm aware of that and respect that. I'm talking about this thread alone. By "I don't see it" I meant I don't see it in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by SyRyanYang
    Of course I'm aware of that and respect that. I'm talking about this thread alone.
    Ah gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    Are you serious dude?

Nobody is denying CavsFTW contributions. Doesn't mean he isn't going to get called out for an obvious troll bait thread. And the way he responded to getting called out for his trolling is embarrassing.

If he wants to engage in a serious conversation about the athleticism of players from the 50/60's vs. the modern era, then make it transparent. Instead he chooses to make troll bait threads and dance around the topic, slinging insults in order to avoid real debate.

Nobody is denying CavsFTW contributions. Doesn't mean he isn't going to get called out for an obvious troll bait thread. And the way he responded to getting called out for his trolling is embarrassing.

If he wants to engage in a serious conversation about the athleticism of players from the 50/60's vs. the modern era, then make it transparent. Instead he chooses to make troll bait threads and dance around the topic, slinging insults in order to avoid real debate.
    Not a troll bait thread, some people in here get it. You obviously don't. Asking loaded questions like you do and pretending your innocent is what is embarrassing. Have you learned what they are yet BD or are you still having trouble figuring out where you go wrong?

Asking your opinion on the relative athleticism of NBA players pre and post integration is hardly a loaded question. You just refuse to answer the question because it doesn't fit into your agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    You read the title, you knew what to expect coming in, what is there to complain about? If the topic doesn't interest you, don't come in.
    While I have nothing against your thread, since I always like seeing past footage of any sport period... Why do you say this but then have a problem with Dro on bumping his thread about Michael Jordan highlights for his entire career, while having some decent discussion going on in that same thread ?

Asking your opinion on the relative athleticism of NBA players pre and post integration is hardly a loaded question. You just refuse to answer the question because it doesn't fit into your agenda.
    ^--- you didn't ask that, what you asked wasn't phrased even remotely close to that. Go back and re-read your questions word for word. Then look up the definition of a loaded question. It is insulting to be asked loaded questions. They don't hold up in friendly conversation any more than they hold up in a court room in front of a judge. In court they are called "leading" questions, and they aren't tolerated. Continue to ask them, and I will continue to respond reciprocally. Ask me real questions like a civilized human being, and maybe you'll get real answers.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    ^--- you didn't ask that, what you asked wasn't phrased even remotely close to that. Go back and re-read your questions word for word. Then look up the definition of a loaded question. It is insulting to be asked loaded questions. They don't hold up in friendly conversation any more than they hold up in a court room in front of a judge. In court they are called "leading" questions, and they aren't tolerated. Continue to ask them, and I will continue to respond reciprocally. Ask me real questions like a civilized human being, and maybe you'll get real answers.
    blah blah blah keep dodging questions.

Local High School Star 3LiftHeatCurse's Avatar

So Pistol Pete was doing the Dream Shake and MJ's hangtime highlights before they did?

3:34 in the vid

The real question isn't whether those players were athletic as todays, but how athletic people like Robertson, Chamberlain, Baylor, Havlicek, West, etc... would be if they had today's conditioning and equipment and if they played by today's rules. You can't compare people from one era to another without assuming that if they were born 40 years later they'd have had the same advatages as people who actually were born in the modern time period.
    Last edited by pudman13; 08-13-2013 at 09:06 AM.

Actually, I should follow that one up. Here's the question about those days vs. these days that I think iis really worth asking? Look at some of the undersized stars: Havlicek, Barry and Baylor as forwards, Unseld and Cowens as centers, to name a few. How would these players have done today if they had to play different positions, or could they have succeeded at their size in the positions they played? I would like to hear people's thoughts about that one.