Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default Steph Curry vs Derrick Rose

If you needed a PG for your team heading into next season, which PG would you rather have?

I might be in a minority on this but I'd take Curry because his game can adapt to any offense that is being run. He is on pace to be the best 3PT shooting PG in NBA History.

Default Re: Steph Curry vs Derrick Rose

Derrick Rose without a doubt...

HAHAHAHAHAHA

What a horrible thread.

Shit, I love steph curry, he is such a skilled offsensive player already. Loved him at Davidson too. Very bright future, he got that baller DNA from his pops.

Rowe you gotta understand tho that his stats are a bit inflated playing for Don Nelson and the Warriors. Besides a D'antoni offsensive, you won't find another offsense with such freedoms to JACK shots and then not be held accountable defensively.

Curry had a great rookie year but he isn't better than Rose, nor do I think he has anywhere near Rose's ceiling of potential.

We haven't got a chance to see Curry in the postseason, but we have gotten the chance to see Rose the last two years. Rose's game has elevated nicely when the playoffs coming around. And you have to mention that Rose has led as his team to the playoffs as a rookie and a sophmore.

Rowe, I know you hate the Bulls right now, but it's Derrick Rose hands down at this point. Curry is gonna have to get stronger, if he ever gets in the playoffs, teams are gonna concentrate on not letting him shoot the 3, so he'll he will have to be strong enough to continuously drive and take contact. He's smart though, and he'll make the needed adjustments.

BTW.... Rose would eat Curry alive 1 on 1

TrueDiesel3
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Derrick Rose, and it's not even close to being close.

Right now I'd pick Rose but it's not a landslide like some people think. Curry has more basketball skill than Rose. Rose is more athletic. Curry is a far better shooter,passer, and has better footwork. Neither are that good at defense. Curry seems weaker than Rose as well. I feel bad for Curry because he will never win anything in GS as long as Nelson is the coach. Rose has more opportunies to actually win, therefore he will always look better.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Curry is just a future chucker who will camp the 3 line. Rose is a legit all star.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Rose is better than Curry.

Better post would have been John Wall vs Derrick Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by Dengness9
    Shit, I love steph curry, he is such a skilled offsensive player already. Loved him at Davidson too. Very bright future, he got that baller DNA from his pops.

Rowe you gotta understand tho that his stats are a bit inflated playing for Don Nelson and the Warriors. Besides a D'antoni offsensive, you won't find another offsense with such freedoms to JACK shots and then not be held accountable defensively.

Curry had a great rookie year but he isn't better than Rose, nor do I think he has anywhere near Rose's ceiling of potential.

We haven't got a chance to see Curry in the postseason, but we have gotten the chance to see Rose the last two years. Rose's game has elevated nicely when the playoffs coming around. And you have to mention that Rose has led as his team to the playoffs as a rookie and a sophmore.

Rowe, I know you hate the Bulls right now, but it's Derrick Rose hands down at this point. Curry is gonna have to get stronger, if he ever gets in the playoffs, teams are gonna concentrate on not letting him shoot the 3, so he'll he will have to be strong enough to continuously drive and take contact. He's smart though, and he'll make the needed adjustments.

BTW.... Rose would eat Curry alive 1 on 1
    Thats nice to know considering basketball is a team game.

Rose is just a better athlete. Take the ball out of Rose's hands and hes nothing on the court, wishing for LeBron will make you realize this the hard way.

Rose didn't turn the Bulls around, Chicago in 08' had the lowest percentage ever to get the #1 pick. The Bulls without Rose were a borderline Playoff team and were just fine, with Rose they're still nothing more than a 8th seed. How about the Bulls advance to a 2nd round before you start your Rose love again.

Curry's team being unable to reach the Playoffs is irrelevant. The last time I checked the guy often considered the best PG in the NBA's team didn't reach the Playoffs either. Curry already had a better season than Derrick Rose did in 08'-09' as a rookie.

If it wasn't for Monta Ellis taking 20+ shots per game and dominating the ball with a high turnover rate, Curry would've averaged 25/10 this past season.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Rose is better than Curry.

Better post would have been John Wall vs Derrick Rose.
    John Wall hasn't even played a NBA game, let alone gone through an entire season and gotten better through each month like Stephen Curry did.

Look at their season matchup:
    Curry: 16 PPG 6.5 RPG 3.5 APG 44% from the field
    Rose: 17 PPG 2 RPG 4.5 APG 34% from the field

Playing Golden State is the worst performances of Rose's season. Where was Rose at when Curry was dropping 3's in his mouth?

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    John Wall hasn't even played a NBA game.
    And yet, I would take him over Rose and Curry in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    And yet, I would take him over Rose and Curry in a heartbeat.

I'd take Selby over Wall. I think Wall is going to end up another Monta Ellis.

I'd take Selby over Wall. I think Wall is going to end up another Monta Ellis.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfINBYmGD1A

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

for the magic i'd take curry in a heartbeat, think of that stroke on the magic

Local High School Star

Playing Golden State is the worst performances of Rose's season. Where was Rose at when Curry was dropping 3's in his mouth?
    Where was Curry at when Rose was averaging 28/7 in the postseason?