Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Is Lebron the goat full court player?

Possibly. A scorer, passer, and defender. Chase down blocking literally intimidated the league for a few seasons...

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    LeBron has more power in his arms than Dwight, LeBron actually shoots it, like, throws it with a normal throwing motion, Dwight chucks it, hands under ball not on it.
    https://youtu.be/P69RNSA4rYY

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Id say Magic.

But the way people talk you would think bron puts up 28 a game on the break. He cant shoot.....hes supposedly one of the worst one on one scorers in the league...has no post game...

But hes gonna score 30+ thousand points.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Id say Magic.

But the way people talk you would think bron puts up 28 a game on the break. He cant shoot.....hes supposedly one of the worst one on one scorers in the league...has no post game...

But hes gonna score 30+ thousand points.

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Magic is the goat 1a/1b offensive full court player, Lebron is easily the goat overall full court player.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by TripleA
    But if that was true wouldn't he have to be the goat full court player to have outstanding effiency in his previous seasons.
    I see Lebrons greatness in his passing, leadership, control of the game not his ISO scoring.
    Magic's efficiency, was crazy and overall higher than Lebron's, it would have been significantly higher if he wasn't taking a ton of half court shots at the end of quarters.

Magic's leadership rating would have to be among the best as well. His control of the game, especially in the playoffs was also noticeably better. He also made his teammates better. The real clincher is that the whole team seemed connected to Magic or an extension of him: I never felt that with Lebron. So even with defense being what it is... Still Magic.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Meh. Give me 10 shots, underhanded from the opposite free throw line and I'll make 1 or 2 consistently. Personally I don't find a dude that big doing that to be all that impressive.

Kevin Love used to warm up with shots like that In College

As to the OP... Magic Johnson.
    The guy threw it like a football and it looked like he wasn't even trying to throw it that hard. Pretty impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    goes to show that kobe isnt a statpadder and unselfish. Letting his teammates take the easy shots while he takes the toughest. Alpha. Meanwhile bran lets the haslems take the last shots thus 2/6.

I havent seen a more unstoppable fullcourt player no.... his size, athleticism and skill combination seems to be perfect for exploiting especially that. Ballhandling at blazing top speed in/through traffic, vision, passing and the physique/athleticism to plow or slither through contact & score, he is the best full court reciever/finisher & instigator in the league, its not as easy to try take a charge / double-triple team him when all defenders are trying to outrace him or backpedal back....

Whats funny is this is by now very known by any player/coach in the NBA, Lebron gets the ball/grabs a def. rebound and starts his jets = Prepare to wrap him up / Foul him (preferably before its a clear-path & before he is at the rim because there he can still power the shot up for and1), it has become so normal as a fan to see this that we dont even think about it anymore, completely routine...

Magic comes next, again perfect size, athleticism (was fast/quick at least) and skills... everything as above but not as prominent of a scorer/finisher as Lebron due to the athleticism/power, more prominent as a passer... he is at least the best & easily the most exciting full court facilitator...
    Last edited by pauk; 08-03-2015 at 09:49 AM.

Wouldn't the best full court player imply every player who plays in the NBA?

What sort of question is this

lebron sealed a title with a chase down block. goat open floor player.

Erving .

No, he's not. He's up the there though.

Yea, he's up there...

he's definitely (for me, in my heart) the GOAT drive and kick player.

It's kind of funny people talk about MJ and the fade away (which may have been seen as a poor percentage shot beforehand), or now... Curry and the 25+ footer, both kind of revolutionary ideas that re-defined basketball offense and defense. Not so much with MJ, but the idea is similar.

People forget about LeBron basically changing the game to where helping is a bad idea. People drive, you help. The teams who beat LeBron basically had to concede lay ups to Bron and hope he falling in love with his jumper and not making it, because if you helped, it was like giving up a 3 instead of a lay up.

That's the heart of Bron's game for me, but the same skillset that allows him to do that (ability to get in the paint and finish, v fast, and ability to really make good passes to shooters/finishers while going on the move, jumping passes whatever) also allows him to be one of the top full court players as well, defensively, too.

-Smak