Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The most Natural talented player ever?

Nothing much to do til the next training camp.

Who is for YOU the most natural talented player ever? and why?

You can only pick ONE!

I understand that we all have the different meaning or comparisons about natural and talented or skill whatever and will also depend their work ethic bla bla.

My pick will be Tracy Mcgrady. Just smooth as fuq and it just looks so easy for him. Everything that just comes to him naturally and he just sometimes just coasts and doesn't even look like his trying. I still can't explain why he for me is the most natural talented player. Some eye test and in AWE for years watching him.

Honorable Mention for Larry Bird. (ONLY PICK ONE)

So ISHERS. Take a player and explain why.
    Last edited by To4; 09-23-2016 at 02:22 AM.

Default Re: The most Natural talented player ever?

I won't talk about skill because I bet that every floater that goes in is the result of hours upon hours of practice in the backyard.

I'll go with Dwight Howard or Shaq. Physical Athleticism you can't teach. And these guys had some of the best combinations of speed, power and agility I've ever seen.

Sabonis

A 7'3 that can do anything and was actually athletic in his youth before injuries too, which you might get surprised by.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAqUQpROBfU

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkreth
    Sabonis

A 7'3 that can do anything and was actually athletic in his youth before injuries too, which you might get surprised by.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAqUQpROBfU
    Early-mid 80s Sabonis = Top 6 Center of All Time.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

anyone naming a big man , all their skills were 100% developed.

Even though the best natural players had some form or another development , natural means can pass, shoot , dribble and rebound.

That means someone that is a wing player.

Lebron was coveted at the highschool level , so that is pretty bare bones.

But I like Pistol Pete.... He had a feel for the game that can't be taught , and he like Bird , Jordan , Majic and Lebron all have it.

They are also well versed in the history of the game.
    Zeke could be added , but he was a head case.

Most naturally talented in terms of just feel for the game, I would have to say Larry Bird.

Most naturally talented in terms of best athleticism suited for bball, Michael Jordan.

Lebron.

6'8" 250+ GOAT-tier athlete with terrific vision, fluid handles, BBIQ, awareness/instincts, body control, touch, etc.

If you designed the perfect basketball player trait by trait, peak Lebron checks off more boxes than probably anyone else in history.

Allen Iverson didn't even need practice.

Kiiing just made the perfect post on LeBron's athleticism like two days ago, cant find it though.

70p game: DBook-1 MJ-0 livingby3's's Avatar

I actually thought Rudy Gay had the traits to do great things in the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Lebron.

6'8" 250+ GOAT-tier athlete with terrific vision, fluid handles, BBIQ, awareness/instincts, body control, touch, etc.

If you designed the perfect basketball player trait by trait, peak Lebron checks off more boxes than probably anyone else in history.
    Quickness and the ability to change directions are huge assets in bball, something LeBron lacked.

I mean I get it, dude was a freak and in a vacuum, he might've been the GOAT bball athlete but he lacked certain traits that could've made him even better. So he wasn't "perfect".

College superstar

This post started off with OP saying that everyone will have their own opinion of what natural talent is. I feel like most people in here are confusing "talent" with "athleticism". But again, to each their own.

Most naturally talented player, I'm going to go with Hakeem. We all know the story, that he never played basketball until he was 15 or 16 or whatever it was... and to come from that minimal background to become arguably the most talented big man ever tells me that he had a very high "floor". AKA (at least to me) natural talent.

Great college starter

Derrick Coleman

Pretty much all his contemporaries (Including Barkley and Malone) during his peak thought he should wind up as a Top 2-3 PF of all time, and dude literally had everything. Barkley blatantly called him out for simply not trying as hard as he did DURING their playing careers and Coleman never really loved the game

PHOENIX
    Charles Barkley has always been one of Derrick Coleman's greatest admirers and biggest critics. Barkley, like Karl Malone and nearly every NBA coach, says Coleman should be among the top two or three players in the league, but for a variety of reasons Coleman doesn't come close. "He doesn't apply himself," Barkley said. "He should be one of the best. He has more talent (around him) in New Jersey than I ever did in Philadelphia and we were always around .500. He doesn't play hard. I always play hard.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    Quickness and the ability to change directions are huge assets in bball, something LeBron lacked.

I mean I get it, dude was a freak and in a vacuum, he might've been the GOAT bball athlete but he lacked certain traits that could've made him even better. So he wasn't "perfect".
    I always love how these clowns criticize a guy who is 6-8 260 (at the very least) for not being as quick as let's say...Grant hill...a guy that was 6-8 220 on the pistons. LeBron is amazingly quick for a guy carrying all that bulk. The fact that he's essentially a pg at his size is ridiculous.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 09-23-2016 at 03:12 PM.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival

Relatively speaking perhaps.

But early Lebron in particular had an excellent first step and ability to maneuver through traffic.